US Open 9-ball updates thread..

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd's lack of a jump shot will hurt him but he's passing pretty much every other test thus far. Breaking particularly well.
I haven't seen him try a jump shot yet so I'll reserve judgement there. I have seen him play a 7 down the rail that snooker and English pool players would never play. He understands the game.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd's opponent is local to me. He is about an APA 3, maybe a 4. This match will be a joke
It’s probably an ideal situation for him. It’s not like he came to win the tournament, you’ve got to assume he’s there for the experience. What better than to be on the TV table and playing probably the most famous person in the field.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
It’s probably an ideal situation for him. It’s not like he came to win the tournament, you’ve got to assume he’s there for the experience. What better than to be on the TV table and playing probably the most famous person in the field.
exactly, pretty sure he just did it to be able to say he was there

BlueRaider

Registered
I haven't seen him try a jump shot yet so I'll reserve judgement there. I have seen him play a 7 down the rail that snooker and English pool players would never play. He understands the game.
I would imagine his time with Boyes was well spent. Karl just needed to clue him in on some key differences that he needed to be aware of in terms of how the balls/tables play in comparison to snooker and it was off to the races.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good situation for both I would think, nice match for Judd to get familiar and not likely have to pay with a lose of many games.

SlateMan

Registered
This match will make the book odds go nuts for Trump. If I had access to betting action, I think there is going to be a player who can expose his weaknesses but Joe Magee is not that player.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what does that translate to in fargo? and is APA played on proper size tables?
"Proper" what do Dat mean🤔😉
Screenshot_20210913-154237_Chrome.jpg

BlueRaider

Registered
This match will make the book odds go nuts for Trump. If I had access to betting action, I think there is going to be a player who can expose his weaknesses but Joe Magee is not that player.
The non-dead money players will push out to jump shots over and over and torture him. But he looks capable of putting together a 3-4 pack of his own quite easily. This is gonna be interesting.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
It's so weird to watch. It looks like someone with a near perfect stroke just started playing 9 ball last week, which is kinda what happened, but it doesn't make it look less weird.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd's opponent is local to me. He is about an APA 3, maybe a 4. This match will be a joke
Funny to me how the announcers are now declaring him some 9B prodigy. He obviously has skills but the dude is probably playing the worst player in the tournament. No offense to Mr. Magee but it is what it is. A shortstop would drill Judd.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The non-dead money players will push out to jump shots over and over and torture him. But he looks capable of putting together a 3-4 pack of his own quite easily. This is gonna be interesting.
I doubt it. I think they will go for a makeable one ball over and over and try to run out.

BlueRaider

Registered
Because Magee is an APA 3 as previously stated in this thread.
I'm not talking about Magee. I'm talking about non-dead money players. If they break and are hooked they can push out to jump shots that other top players would take for granted but Judd would be forced to kick at.