US Open 9-ball updates thread..

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phil Yates is awful.
Judd exceeded my expectations. I don’t think he will beat anybody that’s a real player, but he definitely looked better than I thought he would.

yes, they should do away with yates. someone else can fill the role of traditional announcer if they don't want to have two experts.

judd played like i expected him to, i've seen him play more snooker matches than i can count and he is undeniably an extremely skilled cueist. otherwordly stroke. but position play, defence, kicking, jumping will make him an underdog against the elite pool players.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's day one of a seeded tournament. All of the streamed matches have been lions vs lambs so far. Nothing out of the usual. Trump has nothing to gain and everything to lose with that kind of scandal.

Yep, joking aside it gets taken very seriously here in the UK, it would finish his career so there is 0% chance he would ever do anything like that.

Although I think the original post was more along the lines of suggesting (jokingly) that Matchroom could give him an easy route, rather than him engineer it himself.

Either way, in reality neither scenario would ever happen, so much downside and virtually zero upside...plus of course integrity which both Matchroom and Trump have in abundance.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, joking aside it gets taken very seriously here in the UK, it would finish his career so there is 0% chance he would ever do anything like that.

Although I think the original post was more along the lines of suggesting (jokingly) that Matchroom could give him an easy route, rather than him engineer it himself.

Either way, in reality neither scenario would ever happen, so much downside and virtually zero upside...plus of course integrity which both Matchroom and Trump have in abundance.
For sure. But Boyes withdrew, presumably to do some commentating, and if both Boyes and Trump won their next matches they would be playing each other. Now Trump will play a lower-level player. I’m sure not a conspiracy, but interesting how it played out.

BlueRaider

Registered
For sure. But Boyes withdrew, presumably to do some commentating, and if both Boyes and Trump won their next matches they would be playing each other. Now Trump will play a lower-level player. I’m sure not a conspiracy, but interesting how it played out.
What happened to Sossei? At one point it looked like he and Trump would matchup but now I don't see Sossei's name in the bracket.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of conspiracy theories floating around about that right now in the FB world. Saying Boyes who works for Matchroom withdrew so Trump has a better chance of advancing further. Who knows. Trump is using Karl’s cues.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Possibly a conflict of interest with him acting as coach too, so perhaps he was asked to withdraw?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live score now says 7-7 Tin Man vs. Jeremy Jones.
Now up 8-7! I heard that if you beat the Mosconi Cup captain you’re automatically on the team.

Last edited:

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw made these tables look like light work...I don't remember seeing him miss a shot. Esteban guy was a damn good shooter too.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
A lot of conspiracy theories floating around about that right now in the FB world. Saying Boyes who works for Matchroom withdrew so Trump has a better chance of advancing further. Who knows. Trump is using Karl’s cues.
Why wouldn't Boyes just stay in and then dump to Judd, thus ensuring he advances that round? I mean if you're gonna be dirty about it, just be dirty about it. "I lost to Judd Trump" is a plausible explanation if it involves cue sports. It doesn't make sense.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please post a pic of Ken’s 800 level hair? Thanks in advance. Ken is a great guy, proud to call him a friend. I haven’t seen him in a couple years-miss him.

thx
Fatboy😀😀

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why wouldn't Boyes just stay in and then dump to Judd, thus ensuring he advances that round? I mean if you're gonna be dirty about it, just be dirty about it. "I lost to Judd Trump" is a plausible explanation if it involves cue sports. It doesn't make sense.
Yeah. I’m definitely not saying that’s what happened but I guess it’s kinda weird for Karl to withdraw after he was talking about having to play a match earlier. Or maybe it’s not and he just didn’t feel like playing and would rather do commentary. Who knows.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane's body language and facial expressions sure are a lot more positive when he's up 8-0