CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not so sure the people buying (into) the book are really pool players.
Well you said you haven’t been out of the house to play any serious pool in about 12 years.
And several of the regular posters have won state championships

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan wasn't driven away. Stan was banned by AZ management and he didn't like that. He came back and did a poll as to whether he should stay. He didn't get the answer he wanted, got butt hurt (as cookie so eloquently puts it) and left.
You are the only one butt hurt.
And yes Stan doesn’t post here because of people like you that continually badger people with your wrong opinions.
Stan and just about all the good instructors as well as most if not all pro players have been driven off of AZ by the trolls that post here.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are the only one butt hurt.
And yes Stan doesn’t post here because of people like you that continually badger people with your wrong opinions.
Stan and just about all the good instructors as well as most if not all pro players have been driven off of AZ by the trolls that post here.
The answer is simple. If my opinion is wrong then just prove it wrong instead of simply saying for a million times "you don't know anything."

Here's an opportunity for you. Someone just posted the following picture in the funny pic thread and I thought it was a good illustration of CTE.

1632066441076.png

The first letter in each word is like your initial set up for CTE. It is something consistent and repeatable. The last letter is like looking at the pocket where you want the ball to go. If you have a consistent PSR and a target your brain will figure out the rest. It's not the geometry of the table that makes it work, it is the nature of the human mind that figures it out.

Prove me wrong.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The answer is simple. If my opinion is wrong then just prove it wrong instead of simply saying for a million times "you don't know anything."

Here's an opportunity for you. Someone just posted the following picture in the funny pic thread and I thought it was a good illustration of CTE.

View attachment 610285

The first letter in each word is like your initial set up for CTE. It is something consistent and repeatable. The last letter is like looking at the pocket where you want the ball to go. If you have a consistent PSR and a target your brain will figure out the rest. It's not the geometry of the table that makes it work, it is the nature of the human mind that figures it out.

Prove me wrong.
I have to admit, the stuff between the first and last letters does look a lot like CTE's "instructions" (for this week).

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 610285

Prove me wrong.
So you want me to prove that your opinion of the human mind just figures it out lol. If the human mind just figures everything out then why are contact points a thing. Why are banking systems a thing. Why is the diamond system a thing. If the mind just figures it out then why do we need to rely on anything else.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you want me to prove that your opinion of the human mind just figures it out lol. If the human mind just figures everything out then why are contact points a thing. Why are banking systems a thing. Why is the diamond system a thing. If the mind just figures it out then why do we need to rely on anything els
You are missing the point. Your counter argument is to show how CTE is an objective system that puts the shooter on the shot line without any aiming experience needed, like the way Poolology does. That method is clearly explained in detail and makes sense. Nobody has been able to do that in 20 years, which should tell you something.

Banking systems work. They are geometrically correct and that also goes for other crutches that help speed the learning process. CTE people always say CTE cannot be diagrammed. That is because it does not make geometric sense in 2 or it seems even 3 dimensions. So we are on to "perception." It is not good enough just to say "perception." You have to show how it works. In the absence of such proof, the logical explanation is that the brain makes it work.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are missing the point. Your counter argument is to show how CTE is an objective system that puts the shooter on the shot line without any aiming experience needed, like the way Poolology does. That method is clearly explained in detail and makes sense. Nobody has been able to do that in 20 years, which should tell you something.

Banking systems work. They are geometrically correct and that also goes for other crutches that help speed the learning process. CTE people always say CTE cannot be diagrammed. That is because it does not make geometric sense in 2 or it seems even 3 dimensions. So we are on to "perception." It is not good enough just to say "perception." You have to show how it works. In the absence of such proof, the logical explanation is that the brain makes it work.
CTE is fully explained in complete detail. And there are plenty of diagrams on CTE in the book.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you noticed how many APA 3s have CF shafts? Pool players will spend money on anything they think will give them an edge, even if in reality they are just chasing a magic pill. Old school players are notoriously cheap bastards (me included) but the new generation thinks nothing of spending $100 on pool. Hell, the phone in their pocket is $1200+.

Yes, but I don't think you can equate the two.

It's easy to pay for a CF shaft because many (most) amateurs believe it's going to immediately lead to greater accuracy, more/easier draw, better position play, and cure their baldness. A book is a completely different kettle of fish because it means reading, comprehending, and implementing. IOWs, it's work and I don't think the majority of pool players want to invest their dough thataway when they can get a supposed quick fix from CF.

It's also important to note the book in question has the density of a college-level text book, to the point of being virtually indecipherable through some extended passages. Someone with a GED or less is not going to find it particularly understandable or useful.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That would be JB, cookie, and JB.
jb is already famous. I was already famous in the world long before most of you ever heard of Hal.

once again, the group on Facebook is owned by Stan. he created it and as such he can moderate it as he sees fit.

it's that simple. the members are there voluntarily and they can leave with a couple simple clicks.

yet, the membership continues to grow. why is that?

certainly it isn't because the dense language and terminology is a turn-on. it isn't because anyone is getting a simple magic aiming system. what then explains the continued growth?

stan hasn't produced any slick informercials. he doesn't advertise on Facebook or anywhere else that I am aware of.

I would guess that the small amount of readers here aren't contributing much to the growth given the endless bickering.

the fact is that people there find value in what is being taught. not everyone but I would guess that the majority of those who are actively learning cte who participate there or even just lurk are satisfied with what they are getting for their effort.

while I get it that many knockers from here would love nothing better than to go there and be disruptive that's not the place where that is going to happen.

Stan isn't here selling anyone anything. he isn't using the azb forums to pitch anyone on anything.

the only people here who are speaking positively about cute are students of the cte aiming method. which is a perfectly normal activity for people to discuss what they like and dislike.

if you want to save the world from the terrible scourge of objective aiming methods then go for it and create the necessary testing conditions to dissect cte once and for all.

call out Stan and challenge him the way that James Randi challenges "psychics" to get the million dollar prize if they can pass his test.

but surely you have to know that you're not going to get anywhere by going to the Facebook group and trying to win a war of words about CTE aiming with a guy that just wrote a 400 page book on the subject. a book that the wishing-he-were-famous Lying Lou just characterized as college textbook level dense. so either lying Lou is lying about the density of the material or the members of the group are good with it.

either way, whining about the inability to go wreck another group is cheesy in my opinion.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes, but I don't think you can equate the two.

It's easy to pay for a CF shaft because many (most) amateurs believe it's going to immediately lead to greater accuracy, more/easier draw, better position play, and cure their baldness. A book is a completely different kettle of fish because it means reading, comprehending, and implementing. IOWs, it's work and I don't think the majority of pool players want to invest their dough thataway when they can get a supposed quick fix from CF.

It's also important to note the book in question has the density of a college-level text book, to the point of being virtually indecipherable through some extended passages. Someone with a GED or less is not going to find it particularly understandable or useful.

Lou Figueroa
because those without a ged are dumb in your opinion or unable to read? unable to follow directions?

you are a very prejudiced person in my opinion. you expound on things you really don't have any experience with and lie as easily as breathing.

you don't have anyone's sales numbers but a lack of factual information doesn't stop you from making statements of fact about their sales.

you have no idea what the market bears in terms of media sales. I do because I worked for a wholesale/retail company and had access to a decade of sales data.

the fact is that people do spend hundreds, plural, on pool instruction media, books and DVDs and now online subscriptions for on-demand access.

will this book sell as easily as "the 99 Critical Shots"? no of course not because it is as you mentioned quite dense and focuses on a single aiming system.

oh wait.... you added the caveat, broadly speaking, to cover you.... and yet this is just your opinion based on nothing but your feeling and desperate need to knock.

I am sure you imagine Stan and his wife surrounded by books and in despair at the unsold stacks. you probably smile at the thought that you are partially responsible for those imagined low sales.

I believe that this is your primary motivation. bullies always need targets and Stan is one of yours.

you would never ever play him in any game for any amount. the loss would be too embarrassing. and you couldn't "hustle" him with a little team of busybodies assigned to keep him busy talking instead of practicing.

Stan would beat you in every game including one pocket and straight pool. he will outshoot you and outmove you. but you know that already. you're a yappy tiny dog who tells tall tales from the porch that you are scared to leave.

just because you can't understand the content in Stan's book doesn't mean others can't. they certainly can and what they don't they can ask for clarification in a group where the author is available and willing to answer them.

or they can listen you and just hit balls and likely not get much better. but your advice on how to play is free, requires no thought and can be easily followed by most humans and is worth every penny they paid for it.