CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well the 15th came and went and you didn't step up. so still on the porch yapping is where you are.

nothing I need to compensate for. might be a lot you need to feel guilty for though.

OK, hummingbird.

Whatever you need.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 47

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jb is already famous. I was already famous in the world long before most of you ever heard of Hal.

once again, the group on Facebook is owned by Stan. he created it and as such he can moderate it as he sees fit.

it's that simple. the members are there voluntarily and they can leave with a couple simple clicks.

yet, the membership continues to grow. why is that?

certainly it isn't because the dense language and terminology is a turn-on. it isn't because anyone is getting a simple magic aiming system. what then explains the continued growth?

stan hasn't produced any slick informercials. he doesn't advertise on Facebook or anywhere else that I am aware of.

I would guess that the small amount of readers here aren't contributing much to the growth given the endless bickering.

the fact is that people there find value in what is being taught. not everyone but I would guess that the majority of those who are actively learning cte who participate there or even just lurk are satisfied with what they are getting for their effort.

while I get it that many knockers from here would love nothing better than to go there and be disruptive that's not the place where that is going to happen.

Stan isn't here selling anyone anything. he isn't using the azb forums to pitch anyone on anything.

the only people here who are speaking positively about cute are students of the cte aiming method. which is a perfectly normal activity for people to discuss what they like and dislike.

if you want to save the world from the terrible scourge of objective aiming methods then go for it and create the necessary testing conditions to dissect cte once and for all.

call out Stan and challenge him the way that James Randi challenges "psychics" to get the million dollar prize if they can pass his test.

but surely you have to know that you're not going to get anywhere by going to the Facebook group and trying to win a war of words about CTE aiming with a guy that just wrote a 400 page book on the subject. a book that the wishing-he-were-famous Lying Lou just characterized as college textbook level dense. so either lying Lou is lying about the density of the material or the members of the group are good with it.

either way, whining about the inability to go wreck another group is cheesy in my opinion.

Famous for being a go-off, such as a recent $50K+ loss?

Famous for being a stalker, such as in the case of Jack and Mike?

Famous for being a cheater, when you played me?

How about famous for head-butting another vendor and being banned from the floor and having to sell your cases from a hotel room?

What about being famous just for being a raging lunatic here?

A fool who went off for $10,000 to prove the superiority of CTE over "feel' AND THEN played like a chicken-winged, kung-fu, River Dancing ape-shit monkey?

Yes, you are indeed famous, Mr. Hummingbird.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jb is already famous. I was already famous in the world long before most of you ever heard of Hal.

once again, the group on Facebook is owned by Stan. he created it and as such he can moderate it as he sees fit.

it's that simple. the members are there voluntarily and they can leave with a couple simple clicks.

yet, the membership continues to grow. why is that?

certainly it isn't because the dense language and terminology is a turn-on. it isn't because anyone is getting a simple magic aiming system. what then explains the continued growth?

stan hasn't produced any slick informercials. he doesn't advertise on Facebook or anywhere else that I am aware of.

I would guess that the small amount of readers here aren't contributing much to the growth given the endless bickering.

the fact is that people there find value in what is being taught. not everyone but I would guess that the majority of those who are actively learning cte who participate there or even just lurk are satisfied with what they are getting for their effort.

while I get it that many knockers from here would love nothing better than to go there and be disruptive that's not the place where that is going to happen.

Stan isn't here selling anyone anything. he isn't using the azb forums to pitch anyone on anything.

the only people here who are speaking positively about cute are students of the cte aiming method. which is a perfectly normal activity for people to discuss what they like and dislike.

if you want to save the world from the terrible scourge of objective aiming methods then go for it and create the necessary testing conditions to dissect cte once and for all.

call out Stan and challenge him the way that James Randi challenges "psychics" to get the million dollar prize if they can pass his test.

but surely you have to know that you're not going to get anywhere by going to the Facebook group and trying to win a war of words about CTE aiming with a guy that just wrote a 400 page book on the subject. a book that the wishing-he-were-famous Lying Lou just characterized as college textbook level dense. so either lying Lou is lying about the density of the material or the members of the group are good with it.

either way, whining about the inability to go wreck another group is cheesy in my opinion.
Not sure what you are talking about. Nobody has expressed any interest in undermining Stan's facebook group.

At one time I told Stan I'd give him the $40,000 he was going to spend to make the book if he could prove that CTE works the way he claims it does. He didn't respond. We both know it would never have happened in any case but the fact is he already said he couldn't explain it (the mystery is called the mystery for a reason) and it would not be in the book.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
because those without a ged are dumb in your opinion or unable to read? unable to follow directions?

you are a very prejudiced person in my opinion. you expound on things you really don't have any experience with and lie as easily as breathing.

you don't have anyone's sales numbers but a lack of factual information doesn't stop you from making statements of fact about their sales.

you have no idea what the market bears in terms of media sales. I do because I worked for a wholesale/retail company and had access to a decade of sales data.

the fact is that people do spend hundreds, plural, on pool instruction media, books and DVDs and now online subscriptions for on-demand access.

will this book sell as easily as "the 99 Critical Shots"? no of course not because it is as you mentioned quite dense and focuses on a single aiming system.

oh wait.... you added the caveat, broadly speaking, to cover you.... and yet this is just your opinion based on nothing but your feeling and desperate need to knock.

I am sure you imagine Stan and his wife surrounded by books and in despair at the unsold stacks. you probably smile at the thought that you are partially responsible for those imagined low sales.

I believe that this is your primary motivation. bullies always need targets and Stan is one of yours.

you would never ever play him in any game for any amount. the loss would be too embarrassing. and you couldn't "hustle" him with a little team of busybodies assigned to keep him busy talking instead of practicing.

Stan would beat you in every game including one pocket and straight pool. he will outshoot you and outmove you. but you know that already. you're a yappy tiny dog who tells tall tales from the porch that you are scared to leave.

just because you can't understand the content in Stan's book doesn't mean others can't. they certainly can and what they don't they can ask for clarification in a group where the author is available and willing to answer them.

or they can listen you and just hit balls and likely not get much better. but your advice on how to play is free, requires no thought and can be easily followed by most humans and is worth every penny they paid for it.

The book is a slog.

And, before you call me prejudice let me remind you of your recent racist comment directed at me.

Sorry, Mr. Hummingbird -- unlike you, that don't fly.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 62

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what you are talking about. Nobody has expressed any interest in undermining Stan's facebook group.

At one time I told Stan I'd give him the $40,000 he was going to spend to make the book if he could prove that CTE works the way he claims it does. He didn't respond. We both know it would never have happened in any case but the fact is he already said he couldn't explain it (the mystery is called the mystery for a reason) and it would not be in the book.

It's a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, inside a burrito.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Winston Churchill

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, inside a burrito.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Winston Churchill
lol I like that commercial where they talk about the juicequadic or juiceratic equation. It is kept inside a safe, inside a vault, inside a volcano. lol.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Time to play devil's advocate. Couldn't one say that any aiming system was objective once they've mastered it?

I know I believe my aiming system is objective, even though it's not CTE. I know the word objective stirs some people up, which is a bit humorous in and of itself. If I were to try to state what CTE does/means as far as objectivity I'd say this: "CTE gives an additional reference point which can lead to better focus on aiming when used properly."

There's no "magic" to CTE other than the fact it can help you to see the shot and gives you something to focus on. Focus can be very hard to do in pool, especially when you consider longer play sessions.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're beginning to grow on me, tony! Now you just need to be careful because you are going to be weeded out as an undesirable.
The fact that I feel the need to be careful is a huge problem imo.

There are learning opportunities everywhere and everyone has something to contribute.

For example, that video boogieman shared really helped me since I've only started recently playing again because of covid.

Quieting my landing and focusing on a pure stroke and better body alignment, was exactly the information I needed right now.

Was it CTE? no. Was it really beneficial? absolutely. Would I have learned it on a private Facebook group where they would of asked "to keep it cte related only"? definitely not.

And you'd be partially right. On the surface it's not related to CTE. Except pivoting and bridge placement was causing me to make a ton of small micro adjustments and fidgets in my landing. I was so focused on the perceptions, I ended up one stroking a bunch of stuff, and with all the cue off-sets, my body was cutting into the cue line and I was losing body clearance.

That non-CTE video in a CTE related thread, helped me with CTE related issues. So I'm pretty grateful.

So yeah, I prefer azb. I don't like having my access to knowledge filtered.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are learning opportunities everywhere and everyone has something to contribute.

For example, that video boogieman shared really helped me since I've only started recently playing again because of covid.

Quieting my landing and focusing on a pure stroke and better body alignment, was exactly the information I needed right now.

Was it CTE? no. Was it really beneficial? absolutely. Would I have learned it on a private Facebook group where they would of asked "to keep it cte related only"? definitely not.

And you'd be partially right. On the surface it's not related to CTE. Except pivoting and bridge placement was causing me to make a ton of small micro adjustments and fidgets in my landing. I was so focused on the perceptions, I ended up one stroking a bunch of stuff, and with all the cue off-sets, my body was cutting into the cue line and I was losing body clearance.

That non-CTE video in a CTE related thread, helped me with CTE related issues. So I'm pretty grateful.

The CTE group does exactly what it is designed to do, teach CTE. Nothing CTE is filtered. All questions are answered. There are several respected instructors there though so other questions could be addressed but again that is not what the group is designed for. You are more then welcome to prefer AZ, but you won't get any CTE related help on here, several here made sure sure of that. But yes every once in a while a great tidbit, the boogieman video for example, gets posted on AZ and it becomes a big help.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The book is a slog.

And, before you call me prejudice let me remind you of your recent racist comment directed at me.

Sorry, Mr. Hummingbird -- unlike you, that don't fly.

Lou Figueroa
I made no racist comment towards you. I said that for the known racist that hired you, you are likely seen as a flunky based on the color of your skin. however on further thought I realize that that was too simplistic. I am now of the opinion that it is more likely the content of your character. as I know him to be a racist asshole I think that it's possible that he found a compatible odious character to order around.

how is that "project" going anyway? seems like someone wrote a 400 page book on an aiming system faster than the greatest straight pool high run competition in history has come together.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

your access to knowledge is not in any way filtered. there are plenty of suggestions on stroking and it is 100% everyone's opinion on the cte group that a straight stroke is mandatory to get the best results.

stan just doesn't want the board cluttered with non-CTE stuff which could easily happen.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Stan wasn't driven away. Stan was banned by AZ management and he didn't like that. He came back and did a poll as to whether he should stay. He didn't get the answer he wanted, got butt hurt (as cookie so eloquently puts it) and left.
he was driven away.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You must be out of Prozak.
And I ain't reviewing your teaching your beginning daughter some pivoting .

Your proposed experiment would get your cte beat easily .
People would quit before getting tortured by that .

A beginner who is taught fundamentals and easy aiming system would learn a lot faster than getting confused by a convoluted aiming system.
One poster here even said he took lessons from Tyler and Tyler basically eliminated the pivoting part because he just couldn't get it.

And even if we had intermediate or C players go through the experiment, you'd get beat .
2 weeks of CTE lessons from you instead of 2 weeks of NO AIMING lessons, just drills, patterns and fundamental lessons from someone like Lowry or Wilson or Feijen WOULD BE A LOT BETTER OFF .
then let's set it up and bet high. money where your mouth is. easy win since you can so accurately predict the outcome.

got any money motor mouth?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
OK, hummingbird.

Whatever you need.

Lou Figueroa
I guess you think that the hummingbird thing is bothering me? I would be far happier being a hummingbird than a yappy shivering dog who barks loudly but won't get off the porch.

hummingbirds are super cool animals that bring joy to just about everyone who experiences them.

they don't spend their lives screaming at life from the safety of a porch.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Famous for being a go-off, such as a recent $50K+ loss?
it wasn't 50 but it was a good amount. but yeah partially famous for that.
Famous for being a stalker, such as in the case of Jack and Mike?
I didn't stalk anyone. I responded to challenges and invitations. nope not famous for that.

Famous for being a cheater, when you played me?
i did not cheat yappy. we have been over this. you're a whiny winner with no honor and no ethics.

How about famous for head-butting another vendor and being banned from the floor and having to sell your cases from a hotel room?
oh nice, I was wondering when you were going to play that card. so first no one was head butted or assaulted in any way. secondly the liar in question made a false accusation to the police. thirdly, said liar, a brother in arms to you in the lying department, tried to get me banned from the major shows and match room barred me from the event unfairly but they didn't bar my booth. I was not selling cases from any hotel room. every show that we bought a booth at we attended and sold our cases there.

figures you would use a known liar's false accusation since you make false accusations.

What about being famous just for being a raging lunatic here?
maybe. one man's oracle is another's lunatic. I have been prolific certainly.

A fool who went off for $10,000 to prove the superiority of CTE over "feel' AND THEN played like a chicken-winged, kung-fu, River Dancing ape-shit monkey?
oh jeez.... no dingbat....I didn't go off, nor was the goal to prove the superiority of CTE over whatever you do.

I played you because you're a piece of shit as a human. I will play you again but you're scared yappy dog. the game score was 3 games down after nine hours. you are scared to death to play an ahead set.

Yes, you are indeed famous, Mr. Hummingbird.

Lou Figueroa
I certainly am but mostly for making kick ass super protective cases. messing with jerkoffs like you is a hobby.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would you like to play some of them for a lot of money?

I can arrange that. should be an easy win....... for someone.
Dan hasn’t played anywhere besides his house in over 12 years. I believe the last tournament he played in he lost to at least one CTE player

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

specify your claims in a straightforward manner using stan's descriptions of the way CTE works and I will see if any one is interested in taking them on one by one in pursuit of your $40,000. will you submit to binding arbitration to determine whether Stan or whomever has satisfied the agreed upon claims to be proven?

I think that this is a fantastic way to get anyone making claims to defend them if they can. are the terms acceptable to you?