Carbon Fiber Shaft Poll

Which Carbon Fiber Shaft/Manufacture do you prefer? (Select 2 if your split)

• Total voters

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
How many members here actually own a minimum of ten carbon fiber shafts, all of different brands?

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
Cannot vote , you left off maybe one of the best in Cuetec Cynergy shafts. One person at least I know plays with one , AND DON'T MISS !
SVB the #1 player in the United States for a few years now. I was playing with the Revo , but jumped off as soon as I hit balls with this amazing shaft. The inside is that SVB had his hands in all the designing of Cuetec products.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many say that but some of them say the Tiger Sniper tip leaves much to be desired. Question for all: If you ordered this shaft and had the choice of an upgrade to a Kamui tip, which of their tips would you choose?
I'd go with the OEM Tiger Sniper. It feels pretty spongey out of the box, but after it's properly broken in, it firms up and plays very consistently.

Geosnookery

Neither have I. Understanding & using squirt & deflection is a large part of the game imo.
True.

Thus why 128 out of the 128 ranking Snooker players use wood where subtle spin, swerve etc is used on 80% of shots.

Wood is like driving a manual transmission instead of an automatic. An automatic is easier to learn on but doesn’t have that extra ‘something’ once one progresses to the next level.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
True.

Thus why 128 out of the 128 ranking Snooker players use wood where subtle spin, swerve etc is used on 80% of shots.

Wood is like driving a manual transmission instead of an automatic. An automatic is easier to learn on but doesn’t have that extra ‘something’ once one progresses to the next level.
wrong
the carbon fiber low deflection shafts are like a triptonic transmission
many of the features of the manual transmissions but no need to learn how to use the clutch
just sayin

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True.

Those 128 snooker players have an avg tip diameter under 10mm. There is variance in weight. Less so length, and even less in taper. When someone copies that, we'll talk.

crocdoc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just got a tiger carbon fiber shaft. My first CF shaft.
Gonna try it out. If I see a big difference from from my wood shaft I'll keep it. If no big difference bye bye.
So, if anybody is looking to purchase a tiger cf shaft pm me as it might be for sale.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Many say that but some of them say the Tiger Sniper tip leaves much to be desired. Question for all: If you ordered this shaft and had the choice of an upgrade to a Kamui tip, which of their tips would you choose?
I've got two Cynergy shafts (in case I throw a tip, I love them that much!)...I've found that the Sniper tip is fine once it breaks in and hardens a little, but my current favorite is Technodud, with Pooldawg's duds a close second (almost equal). Technoduds last a little longer and the performance on the Cynergy is spectacular.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was Cuetec left out on Purpose? Then I ask how can anyone with any cue knowledge at all leave out the popular Cuetec. Poll Stinks.
Keep reading after the original post.... it was not intentional & couldn't be edited.

Several others were also left out that I had intended. I didn't know there was a limit, or that that section couldn't be edited once launched. (But it make sense why..) either way the whole idea was just to get conversations rolling about the different units. I can say this thread is demonstrating how many people are upset by the LACK of Cuetec representation, which essentially votes very High for it!!

MurrayNevada

Speaking of carbon fiber shafts I just posted this trade offer in Wanted/For Sale Thread:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Nor have I.
I retract this statement.

I played a couple of games with a Becue a few years ago (before the Prime shaft came out). I thought it played well, but not well enough to replace my Larry Vigus cue I was currently (and still am) using. I had forgotten the experience.

What would impress me more than anything about a CF shaft/cue is it's ability to withstand being dinged. Time will tell, but they probably are shafts that a teenager could acquire and use them for a lifetime without ever having to get used to the feel of another shaft. That right there makes a CF shaft a decent value. IMHO, of course.

Maniac

Hoogaar

Registered
Got the J Flowers CF cue for $300, and I love it. Was going to spend a fortune on a new cue, saw this and figured for $300, not much to lose. It's my new player now. I'm going to order a second one for a backup.

Also got their CF break cue as well - love that one too.