SVB vs Chang Update Thread

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I've bettered that but have never shouted about it because it isn't interesting to me or a random stranger. Repeating it is another story and doing so under the microscope is something else. I reailsed pretty early in life that anyone who is interested in hearing people bang on about how good they are is a hanger on. I'm an average pool player and am not about to pretend otherwise.
An average pool player has NEVER, bested a 6 pack on a 9' gold crown...even a standard cut 9' gold crown.

Only an exceptional player has ever had a 6 pack. That pretty much alone would define you as an exceptional player.

Jaden

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An average pool player has NEVER, bested a 6 pack on a 9' gold crown...even a standard cut 9' gold crown.

Only an exceptional player has ever had a 6 pack. That pretty much alone would define you as an exceptional player.

Jaden
No, many average players have run big packs. It happens.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I think you have a warped sense of what an average player is and need to spend a night watching league or a typical weekly tournament...Now I'm not saying running a six pack makes you a favorite to win an open tourney, but it definitely makes you better than the average player.

Jaden
Big respect to anyone who plays in a league for a good night out, or a weekly tournament because they have a chance if they play well. Encourage them, don't dis them.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Big respect to anyone who plays in a league for a good night out, or a weekly tournament because they have a chance if they play well. Encourage them, don't dis them.
I'm not the one disrespecting them. There are many league players who are relatively exceptional players and they don't run 6 packs...lol. You're shitting on their games by saying someone who could run out sets on them aren't even exceptional players...

Jaden

My guess would be that less than 3% of players who play more than once per week have EVER run a 3+ package of 9 ball on a 9 foot gold crown. Probably a 10th of that have ever run a 6+ package. That's so far from the average player as to be laughable.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not the one disrespecting them. There are many league players who are relatively exceptional players and they don't run 6 packs...lol. You're shitting on their games by saying someone who could run out sets on them aren't even exceptional players...

Jaden

My guess would be that less than 3% of players who play more than once per week have EVER run a 3+ package of 9 ball on a 9 foot gold crown. Probably a 10th of that have ever run a 6+ package. That's so far from the average player as to be laughable.
3% is a lot of people.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think most "average" players will find out just how average they are when they step outside of their comfort zone. A bit of semantics at play here but I consider myself to be very average.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Average is 50th percentile....duurrrr...

Jaden
Correct, but at what point do we consider people who drink beer and play a few games of pool as pool players? Disclaimer: I drink more beer than the average person who drinks beer and plays a few games of pool. One of many reasons why I will always be "average".

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was being extremely generous in my estimate of the percentage of players there. Even if you were to only consider players that compete in one or more tournaments a month, you're still going to find that probably less than 5% have ever had a 4 pack or higher on a 9 footer, if they are completely honest.

Jaden

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was being extremely generous in my estimate of the percentage of players there. Even if you were to only consider players that compete in one or more tournaments a month, you're still going to find that probably less than 5% have ever had a 4 pack or higher on a 9 footer, if they are completely honest.

Jaden
5% is still a lot of people, to be fair. Probably still a bit generous but there are lots of good players.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

LOL.

You forgot to mention I was over 60, blind, and only played on Sunday mornings…true facts.

Some of these posters think everyone is a banger like they are.

I worked in a pool hall as a kid and all the way through high school and played around 6-8 hours a day, six days a week. I was playing $100 one-pocket and snooker when I was 16. The owner of the pool hall backed me against anybody who wanted to play. All the adults asked for spots…LOL.

Since then, I have played thousands and thousands of hours for dozens of years.

I have probably played more games than a lot of people on here have made balls.

I only bang around now every once in awhile and they still rate me an “A” or higher.

I am not the world champion, but neither is SVB. :)

And I am glad he brought up league pool. I only played two years of league pool in my life…in ND back about 30 years ago. I had the highest rating and statistics of anybody in the league and we won the championship both years.

League pool isn’t my cup of tea. I prefer to play people who are rated at least an “A” on 9-footers.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL.

You forgot to mention I was over 60, blind, and only played on Sunday mornings…true facts.

Some of these posters think everyone is a banger like they are.

I worked in a pool hall as a kid and all the way through high school and played around 6-8 hours a day, six days a week. I was playing $100 one-pocket and snooker when I was 16. The owner of the pool hall backed me against anybody who wanted to play. All the adults asked for spots…LOL.

Since then, I have played thousands and thousands of hours for dozens of years.

I have probably played more games than a lot of people on here have made balls.

I only bang around now every once in awhile and they still rate me an “A” or higher.

I am not the world champion, but neither is SVB. :)

And I am glad he brought up league pool. I only played two years of league pool in my life…in ND back about 30 years ago. I had the highest rating and statistics of anybody in the league and we won the championship both years.

League pool isn’t my cup of tea. I prefer to play people who are rated at least an “A” on 9-footers.
Best post I seen in a very long time

Fatboy Approved

realkingcobra

Silver Member
5% is still a lot of people, to be fair. Probably still a bit generous but there are lots of good players.
All depends on where you're looking and when. Even i ran a 6 pack playing Harry Platis 8 ball, race to 20 for $5k. I've seen plenty of 5 & 6 pack ran at Harry P. Cues pool room back in the 80's, and yes, we played on Gold Crown 3's.