CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If the PSR is solid there is no aiming.

And yes, some folks are all over the place with their PSR or flat out don't have one. Once again: I'm only telling you what works for me. And no one is asking you to go away. Wail at the wind, I don't care.

As to putting anyone down, that's pretty funny coming from someone who starts so many of his posts with an outright dismissal of what others have to say with: no, nope, nah, etc. It's laughable.

Lou Figueroa
That is incorrect. First you aim then you shoot. PRE-shot routine, all that happens BEFORE the shot is taken, includes aiming by default. There is no way around that.

I say "nope" when you have already made a snide comment asserting something that is either not true or unlikely to be true.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Sure it did.

You only know where to place them if you know where your shot line is. Your PSR can't show you that before you've performed your PSR.

pj
chgo
Your pre-shot routine can include looking at the pocket and the relationship between the two ball and your visualization of where the cue ball needs to go after collision.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Sure it did.

You only know where to place them if you know where your shot line is. Your PSR can't show you that before you've performed your PSR.

pj
chgo

isn't landing on the shot line part of a sound PSR, hence, they are performed in conjunction with ea other, right?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is incorrect. First you aim then you shoot. PRE-shot routine, all that happens BEFORE the shot is taken, includes aiming by default. There is no way around that.

I say "nope" when you have already made a snide comment asserting something that is either not true or unlikely to be true.

It's not incorrect for me.

And you've said no, nope, nah to lots of other folks than me. It's like your go-to lead off.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you saying a solid PSR includes aiming? I don't think there's any doubt some kind of "aiming" is needed...

pj
chgo

I'm saying that with a good PSR you will stand at the table and get into shooting position with pocketing the ball baked in.

No aiming -- you see the ball, you shoot the ball, you make the ball.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's say I throw out a bunch of balls and decide I'm going to shoot them off in rotation.

As I approach the lowest numbered ball I will also have seen where the next few balls in the sequence are and already know what the position is that I need to play. Then I'm going to execute my PSR and will automatically get down on the right shot line and with the right bridge to hit the CB where needed to pocket the ball and play position. The only things left to do before pulling the trigger are, if necessary, fine tune the hit on the CB and calibrate my stroke speed.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your PSR determines the "right shot line"?

pj
chgo

I suppose it depends on your interpretation of the word "determines."

What I know is that looking at the table and determining what I want to do allows my PSR to unfold itself in a way that will put me on the right shot line. Looking at the table and determining what you want to do with the balls also tells your wetwear what bridge to deploy, how much you may or may not have to stretch to reach a shot, whether you'll need your cue extension or maybe the mechanical bridge.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I suppose it depends on your interpretation of the word "determines."

What I know is that looking at the table and determining what I want to do allows my PSR to unfold itself in a way that will put me on the right shot line. Looking at the table and determining what you want to do with the balls also tells your wetwear what bridge to deploy, how much you may or may not have to stretch to reach a shot, whether you'll need your cue extension or maybe the mechanical bridge.
OK, sounds like a semantic difference to me - I think you're doing stuff in there that adds up to what I call aiming. I do things very much like that (no formal aiming routine), but just more aware of the parts that I consider "aiming related".

Like most things in pool, which is best probably depends on the player.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, sounds like a semantic difference to me - I think you're doing stuff in there that adds up to what I call aiming. I do things very much like that (no formal aiming routine), but just more aware of the parts that I consider "aiming related".

Like most things in pool, which is best probably depends on the player.

pj
chgo

And I’m certain John will see it exactly the same way, lol.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Maybe CTE takes you to the shot line but it will be without the assurance of accurate mechanical execution.

You might see it but there is no guarantee you'll hit it.

Lou Figueroa
Does your PSR then always put you on the right shot line? If you miss then why do you miss? Bad PSR?