CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Excuse me? Did you ask to be spoon fed? I and indeed most pool players are already on something better. If you wish to learn CG, learn it.
Yeah, be clear. Being cryptic is bullshit when you have the ability to be clear. Do you?

If you have knowledge that is clear then share it. Otherwise you're just trolling and playing games.

Contact geometry is complete bullshit. The reason you can't articulate it or how to use it to make a pool shot is because there are no instructions to use a nonsensical concept.

I don't wish to learn what doesn't exist.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, be clear. Being cryptic is bullshit when you have the ability to be clear. Do you?

If you have knowledge that is clear then share it. Otherwise you're just trolling and playing games.

Contact geometry is complete bullshit. The reason you can't articulate it or how to use it to make a pool shot is because there are no instructions to use a nonsensical concept.

I don't wish to learn what doesn't exist.
CG depicts a shot's alignment. I have already posted the details. Quit playing victim. You're just trying to salvage your end of what, thanks to the likes of you, is taking shape as a con game.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CG depicts a shot's alignment. I have already posted the details. Quit playing victim. You're just trying to salvage your end of what, thanks to the likes of you, is taking shape as a con game.
i have not read all the posts in this thread
what is CG?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve asked you several times for details and don’t remember you posting any

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What good is knowing exactly where to aim if you can't hit it with regularity?

Lou Figueroa
It solves half the problem. The problem is making the shot. The problem is divided into two sections, aiming and shooting. When you know you are aiming correctly and missing them you know that your stroking needs to be fixed. Fix that and now the second part of the problem is solved.

Will you then always aim correctly? No. Will you then always stroke straight? No.

Will you do those things correctly with a higher degree of consistency if you know that you are aiming correctly? Yes.

First you aim. Then you shoot.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Show me a edge of a ball…….something that doesnt exist.
Screenshot_20211004-104643_Gallery.jpg

Edge, in the context of Center to Edge, means the part of the ball that contrasts with the background.

Even in this image the "edge"of the ball from the user's perspective is clear. No matter which angle you view the ball from you see a clear contrast with the background and that point is what appears as an edge.

So, while you are correct that a sphere doesn't physically have an edge we use the word to describe the farthest point from center visible to the eye as contrasted with the background for the purpose of correctly aligning the body with the balls according to the system instructions.

Certainly it should not be in dispute that the "edge" of the ball is certainly clear when compared to the "contact point" that players are told to find and hold a visual lock on.

In fact, I would be willing to bet very high that people of the street who don't even play pool will have a much higher success rate in finding and aligning to the edge of the ball than they will have finding and aligning to the contact point.

Glad to see you're still here. Have you found half-ball yet?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
i have not read all the posts in this thread
what is CG?
Contact geometry
Which means nothing in the context of how to aim a shot in pocket billiards.

This person continues to use this term and mock aiming systems, in particular, the center to edge system, by saying that one just needs to use "contact geometry".

Without ever defining what it is or how it applies to figuring out the shot line. Basically just a troll.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No it does not. You will not find one diagram anywhere that uses the term contact geometry which instructs a human how to apply "contact geometry" for the task of aiming.

You're literally like a child who keeps interrupting the adults with your new favorite term that has nothing to do with the topic.

We keep indulging you because we are polite when really you just need to be ignored. You and duckie are probably the same person.

Duckie trolls with his "no such thing as a half-ball hit" nonsense and yours is this "contact geometry" nonsense.

The entire volume of your posts sprinkling that bs is worthless to the topic.

Nothing I have said was ever "wrecked" by anything you have said so nothing to salvage. Even Pat Johnson makes more sense than you and he is never going to understand Center to Edge aiming.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It solves half the problem. The problem is making the shot. The problem is divided into two sections, aiming and shooting. When you know you are aiming correctly and missing them you know that your stroking needs to be fixed. Fix that and now the second part of the problem is solved.

Will you then always aim correctly? No. Will you then always stroke straight? No.

Will you do those things correctly with a higher degree of consistency if you know that you are aiming correctly? Yes.

First you aim. Then you shoot.

No, not at all -- if you have a good PSR all you do is decide what you want to do with the OB and CB and then get into shooting position.

I'm just telling you what works for me.

You're the one who needs two DVDs, lessons, and a 6 lbs book to figure out the aiming part.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No, not at all -- if you have a good PSR all you do is decide what you want to do with the OB and CB and then get into shooting position.

I'm just telling you what works for me.

You're the one who needs two DVDs, lessons, and a 6 lbs book to figure out the aiming part.

Lou Figueroa
Don't act like you are something special. You miss shots, easy ones. You make shots, sometimes "tough" ones. I don't NEED two DVDs and a book dedicated to one aiming system to figure out aiming. I bought the DVDs and the book to give support to an instructor who has specialized in one aiming system. I also own other books and media from other instructors who were thoughtful enough to produce that information about their aiming methods. I find aiming to be an interesting subject.

The PSR, good or not, doesn't do the aiming. Aiming might be a part of it but the actual act of aiming, the visual input used to make a decision on where to stand is either by pure feel or based on some other information. Your PSR might be textbook perfect and your stroke laser perfect but if you didn't aim right you will likely miss.

So, yes, always, you aim then you shoot. In that order, always. There is no person who plays pool who does not aim before they shoot. Not you, not anyone.

And your advice for aiming is "just do it". Which is what the advice is from a lot of people who think aiming is a byproduct of fundamentals. That's simply wrong. Aiming is a product of your eyes taking in the situation and bringing your focus to bear on a small sliver of space between the edges of the cueball. The accuracy of your aiming is a product of your experience and whatever methods you use to align with.

Some people say they just do it and they are accurate. Other people say they just do it and they are not consistently accurate. Some people use "branded" aiming systems such as ghost ball, CTE, 90/90, samba, poolology etc... and their accuracy can be very consistent or inconsistent. The difference between the "just do it" types and the aiming system types is that the aiming system types have concrete steps that they can follow and double check their aim.

A pre-shot routine IS NOT an aiming method. Having a good PSR does not mean that the shooter can aim well. Having a good PSR means that a shooter has a better chance to execute well. Once again I bring up the fact, and it is a fact, that a blind person can be taught to have a perfect stroke. A blind person can have the exact same form as you do. That person will not be able to aim on their own. Conversely a person who has never held a pool cue can learn to aim accurately. And maybe that is where we ought to be focusing more when we teach people to play. Teach them to aim accurately BEFORE teaching them to stroke so that when they do get to the fundamentals part they do have a great PSR to deliver the cue exactly where they accurately aimed it.

So, in conclusion, this is the aiming forum. Not the stroking forum, not the PSR forum. This forum is how do you aim. Telling people to develop a good PSR and aiming just happens is not true and is also not relevant to the act of actually aiming. It is secondary to aiming.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't act like you are something special. You miss shots, easy ones. You make shots, sometimes "tough" ones. I don't NEED two DVDs and a book dedicated to one aiming system to figure out aiming. I bought the DVDs and the book to give support to an instructor who has specialized in one aiming system. I also own other books and media from other instructors who were thoughtful enough to produce that information about their aiming methods. I find aiming to be an interesting subject.

The PSR, good or not, doesn't do the aiming. Aiming might be a part of it but the actual act of aiming, the visual input used to make a decision on where to stand is either by pure feel or based on some other information. Your PSR might be textbook perfect and your stroke laser perfect but if you didn't aim right you will likely miss.

So, yes, always, you aim then you shoot. In that order, always. There is no person who plays pool who does not aim before they shoot. Not you, not anyone.

And your advice for aiming is "just do it". Which is what the advice is from a lot of people who think aiming is a byproduct of fundamentals. That's simply wrong. Aiming is a product of your eyes taking in the situation and bringing your focus to bear on a small sliver of space between the edges of the cueball. The accuracy of your aiming is a product of your experience and whatever methods you use to align with.

Some people say they just do it and they are accurate. Other people say they just do it and they are not consistently accurate. Some people use "branded" aiming systems such as ghost ball, CTE, 90/90, samba, poolology etc... and their accuracy can be very consistent or inconsistent. The difference between the "just do it" types and the aiming system types is that the aiming system types have concrete steps that they can follow and double check their aim.

A pre-shot routine IS NOT an aiming method. Having a good PSR does not mean that the shooter can aim well. Having a good PSR means that a shooter has a better chance to execute well. Once again I bring up the fact, and it is a fact, that a blind person can be taught to have a perfect stroke. A blind person can have the exact same form as you do. That person will not be able to aim on their own. Conversely a person who has never held a pool cue can learn to aim accurately. And maybe that is where we ought to be focusing more when we teach people to play. Teach them to aim accurately BEFORE teaching them to stroke so that when they do get to the fundamentals part they do have a great PSR to deliver the cue exactly where they accurately aimed it.

So, in conclusion, this is the aiming forum. Not the stroking forum, not the PSR forum. This forum is how do you aim. Telling people to develop a good PSR and aiming just happens is not true and is also not relevant to the act of actually aiming. It is secondary to aiming.

I'm not acting like I am something special -- I clearly said: this is what works for me.

And, as THE biggest, non-stop. incessant, not listening to anyone else advocate for Pro1, apparently YOU do need the DVDs, lessons and books. Don't you remember crowing you were at Stan's house and after two days of instruction your game had improved "two balls," lol (I shudder to think of the condition of your game prior, lol.)

So, for lack of better terminology, a good PSR enables the aiming and takes advantage of your brain and body's ability to walk a tight-rope, hit a tennis ball, play basketball, hit a golf or baseball, or put pool balls into pockets. And I don't think I've ever advocated "just do it." Creating a good PSR takes lots of time, effort and self-awareness.

There's no "just do it." So, it's the way it works for me. You don't like it in this forum, go... yeah, you know ; -)

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I'm not acting like I am something special -- I clearly said: this is what works for me.

And, as THE biggest, non-stop. incessant, not listening to anyone else advocate for Pro1, apparently YOU do need the DVDs, lessons and books. Don't you remember crowing you were at Stan's house and after two days of instruction your game had improved "two balls," lol (I shudder to think of the condition of your game prior, lol.)

So, for lack of better terminology, a good PSR enables the aiming and takes advantage of your brain and body's ability to walk a tight-rope, hit a tennis ball, play basketball, hit a golf or baseball, or put pool balls into pockets. And I don't think I've ever advocated "just do it." Creating a good PSR takes lots of time, effort and self-awareness.

There's no "just do it." So, it's the way it works for me. You don't like it in this forum, go... yeah, you know ; -)

Lou Figueroa
Yes, and I felt that way because Stan did help me with several things. I like learning and I am always willing to point out what I learned and give credit to those I learned from.

We can agree that a good PSR ENABLES the shooter to have a better chance to make what they are shooting at provided that they aimed correctly. There are plenty of people around whose PSR is inconsistent and yet they function at a high level. There is no textbook way to play. Not in pool, golf, snooker, or anything. There are commonalities that must be adhered to because of the parameters involved but within those parameters there are many ways to achieve the goal. That said I will say that on average those who are settled and have good solid fundamentals are generally going to be more consistent than those who don't. I don't think that we disagree there.

No I don't like it and I won't go away. I think that you revel in putting down ANYONE who uses aiming systems and it is predicated on the "just do it" mentality of brute force trial and error rather than even acknowledging that there is any systematic way to aim that complements a good PSR. Your FAVORITE target is anyone who speaks up to talk well about a method that they find useful. If it wasn't CTE then it would be some other aiming method.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, and I felt that way because Stan did help me with several things. I like learning and I am always willing to point out what I learned and give credit to those I learned from.

We can agree that a good PSR ENABLES the shooter to have a better chance to make what they are shooting at provided that they aimed correctly. There are plenty of people around whose PSR is inconsistent and yet they function at a high level. There is no textbook way to play. Not in pool, golf, snooker, or anything. There are commonalities that must be adhered to because of the parameters involved but within those parameters there are many ways to achieve the goal. That said I will say that on average those who are settled and have good solid fundamentals are generally going to be more consistent than those who don't. I don't think that we disagree there.

No I don't like it and I won't go away. I think that you revel in putting down ANYONE who uses aiming systems and it is predicated on the "just do it" mentality of brute force trial and error rather than even acknowledging that there is any systematic way to aim that complements a good PSR. Your FAVORITE target is anyone who speaks up to talk well about a method that they find useful. If it wasn't CTE then it would be some other aiming method.

If the PSR is solid there is no aiming.

And yes, some folks are all over the place with their PSR or flat out don't have one. Once again: I'm only telling you what works for me. And no one is asking you to go away. Wail at the wind, I don't care.

As to putting anyone down, that's pretty funny coming from someone who starts so many of his posts with an outright dismissal of what others have to say with: no, nope, nah, etc. It's laughable.

Lou Figueroa