CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, yes. Your psr contains aiming and when you miss then either you aimed wrong or you screwed up your stroke. You have a super straight stroke so seems like you just aimed wrong.

As I've already said: you can have everything setup perfect AND execute perfect but you can still have misjudged spin and/or speed and/or the physics involved.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The problem is that you make a video on CTE and then attempt to illustrate the concepts you just talked about by executing example shots. In at least some of your videos the shot demonstration is a failure and puts a question mark over what you teach in the video. That's a bit of a different thing from Lou missing some easy shots in one particular match. It's not that hard to understand.
Oh, really? Seems like if I were interested in whether or not cte is on trial based on make percentages then I would never post any video with any misses.

However the true test is competition so when people use competitive results to knock cte then those same people should fully expect to have their own competitive play criticized.
The problem is that you make a video on CTE and then attempt to illustrate the concepts you just talked about by executing example shots. In at least some of your videos the shot demonstration is a failure and puts a question mark over what you teach in the video. That's a bit of a different thing from Lou missing some easy shots in one particular match. It's not that hard to understand.
Yeah because only my videos on CTE count right?

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As I've already said: you can have everything setup perfect AND execute perfect but you can still have misjudged spin and/or speed and/or the physics involved.

Lou Figueroa
your psr is the aiming and the shooting is the execution. All that physics of the shot is aiming.

I never once said you can aim perfectly and execute perfectly and still miss. Those are your words. To excuse your error in either aiming or execution or both.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Then you didn't set up perfectly. Perfect setup+perfect execution =perfect result.

This is using your contention that all the necessary aiming is built into your psr.

Feel free to show us examples of perfect set up and perfect execution that doesn't result in a perfect result. I will bet that either the aim wasn't perfect or the execution wasn't perfect or some combination of both wasn't perfect.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then you didn't set up perfectly. Perfect setup+perfect execution =perfect result.

This is using your contention that all the necessary aiming is built into your psr.

Feel free to show us examples of perfect set up and perfect execution that doesn't result in a perfect result. I will bet that either the aim wasn't perfect or the execution wasn't perfect or some combination of both wasn't perfect.

This lack of comprehension skill is just one reason you play so poorly.

If a player make a poor choice, mentally, concerning speed or spin, or does not understand the physics of a particular shot, they are going to miss regardless of their set up.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your psr is the aiming and the shooting is the execution. All that physics of the shot is aiming.

I never once said you can aim perfectly and execute perfectly and still miss. Those are your words. To excuse your error in either aiming or execution or both.

No.

Let's take a simple two-ball combo. If I don't understand how the balls will interact if they are frozen, if they are almost frozen, or if there is a gap, and I choose to hit one side and/or use english and set up perfectly to execute my hit on the first ball, I can easily miss the shot.

The same is true for almost any other shot if, as an example, I think I need to put a certain amount of english on the ball to throw it and/or gain a certain position. If I make a decision to put a certain amount of english on the CB with a certain amount of speed and I set up perfectly to do it, I will miss if I made mental error in calculating my speed and/or spin.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, really? Seems like if I were interested in whether or not cte is on trial based on make percentages then I would never post any video with any misses.

However the true test is competition so when people use competitive results to knock cte then those same people should fully expect to have their own competitive play criticized.

Yeah because only my videos on CTE count right?
It would do your cause well if you could admit the obvious once in a while. I would not post a video where I failed to execute the demonstration shots. I would figure out what I was doing wrong and why and then redo the video.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would do your cause well if you could admit the obvious once in a while. I would not post a video where I failed to execute the demonstration shots. I would figure out what I was doing wrong and why and then redo the video.

He is not capable of self diagnosis -- just in this thread he has demonstrated that he does not understand all of the variables.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No.

Let's take a simple two-ball combo. If I don't understand how the balls will interact if they are frozen, if they are almost frozen, or if there is a gap, and I choose to hit one side and/or use english and set up perfectly to execute my hit on the first ball, I can easily miss the shot.

The same is true for almost any other shot if, as an example, I think I need to put a certain amount of english on the ball to throw it and/or gain a certain position. If I make a decision to put a certain amount of english on the CB with a certain amount of speed and I set up perfectly to do it, I will miss if I made mental error in calculating my speed and/or spin.

Lou Figueroa
Yes that mental error is called improperly aiming or improperly executing. You can break down either one with detail but you either screwed up the aiming or the shooting or a little bit of both.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes that mental error is called improperly aiming or improperly executing. You can break down either one with detail but you either screwed up the aiming or the shooting or a little bit of both.

You can aim and execute perfectly and still miss.

Lou Figueroa
get a clue
buy a vowel

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
How so? If executed perfectly with all conditions figured in, down to ball cleanliness, humidity in the room, etc etc, perfect means it goes. If it doesn't it means it wasn't executed perfectly, which makes sense as we aren't robots.

There are many factors in even the easiest shots. One aim "point" can work or not based on speed, deflection (tied into speed) and a multitude of factors. Pros are said to be able to adapt to different conditions quickly, these conditions can cause misses. If your specialty shot was thin cuts that required great speed, you will probably miss them when you get on a dry table under tv lights. If it misses, it wasn't executed properly and the player didn't adapt to the new conditions.

Saying the aim was faulty for a miss isn't the whole picture, there's a lot more to it than aim no matter how you aim/play.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How so? If executed perfectly with all conditions figured in, down to ball cleanliness, humidity in the room, etc etc, perfect means it goes. If it doesn't it means it wasn't executed perfectly, which makes sense as we aren't robots.

There are many factors in even the easiest shots. One aim "point" can work or not based on speed, deflection (tied into speed) and a multitude of factors. Pros are said to be able to adapt to different conditions quickly, these conditions can cause misses. If your specialty shot was thin cuts that required great speed, you will probably miss them when you get on a dry table under tv lights. If it misses, it wasn't executed properly and the player didn't adapt to the new conditions.

Saying the aim was faulty for a miss isn't the whole picture, there's a lot more to it than aim no matter how you aim/play.

If you aim and execute correctly and do exactly as you've chosen to do but have misunderstood the physics of the shot you can miss.

Lou Figueroa

boogieman

If you aim and execute correctly and do exactly as you've chosen to do but have misunderstood the physics of the shot you can miss.

Lou Figueroa
Gotcha. So aim, execution and knowledge of physics, aka how balls react.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotcha. So aim, execution and knowledge of physics, aka how balls react.

Yes.

I know that's why I miss some shots. And I see it all the time especially with players who don't play a lot of 14.1 missing combos because they haven't been to combo school.

Lou Figueroa

boogieman

Yes.

I know that's why I miss some shots. And I see it all the time especially with players who don't play a lot of 14.1 missing combos because they haven't been to combo school.

Lou Figueroa
Very true. I know my combo ability in 8B and 9B had dramatically improved after playing equal offense (14:1 variant) and especially 1P. After a week or two of hardcore 1P play, 8B is like shooting fish in a barrel and combos are suddenly not so low percentage shots.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes.

Lou Figueroa
This post illustrates why instructing players is so difficult. The subtleties of executing shots and positions can't really be appreciated until one reaches a certain level of knowledge and competence. Knowledge about the physics of the game is readily available (Dr Dave, etc,etc) but the actual application of it is quite a bit more complicated. You can say to hit a particular shot with bottom right and in theory you're correct but that doesn't impart the knowledge that that only tells a small portion of the factors involved to properly execute in a given situation.

boogieman

This post illustrates why instructing players is so difficult. The subtleties of executing shots and positions can't really be appreciated until one reaches a certain level of knowledge and competence. Knowledge about the physics of the game is readily available (Dr Dave, etc,etc) but the actual application of it is quite a bit more complicated. You can say to hit a particular shot with bottom right and in theory you're correct but that doesn't impart the knowledge that that only tells a small portion of the factors involved to properly execute in a given situation.
Yep. Sometimes you gotta make the cue sing and the balls dance, other times you don't. Mix the two up and you're in for a world of hurt unless you get bailed out by a lucky roll. :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
get a clue
buy a vowel
Are you trying to say that there was something you can't account for in the PSR-execution process? Other than an influence on the object ball which is unknown there shouldn't be a miss if you aimed "perfectly", i.e. you have already taken all of the variables into account and chosen the PERFECT shot line, a ball struck "perfectly" should perfectly contact the object ball and send it perfectly along the pocket line.

Last edited: