Diamond pro am questions

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love it. I have a 9' table and a bunch of different wood stains in my basement, so I went with the 8'X1' in "Ruby Red" and it's great. I've never used the Diamond one so can't speak to how it compares to that, but compared to my regular pendant light I had, it's amazing. Lights up the table as well as anything, looks beautiful (I like that it's quite a bit less "bulky" than the Diamond), and compared to the old light - it opens up the room. Seems obvious now, but had not considered that - but not having the light hanging at eye level is amazing.
Nice room

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I love it. I have a 9' table and a bunch of different wood stains in my basement, so I went with the 8'X1' in "Ruby Red" and it's great. I've never used the Diamond one so can't speak to how it compares to that, but compared to my regular pendant light I had, it's amazing. Lights up the table as well as anything, looks beautiful (I like that it's quite a bit less "bulky" than the Diamond), and compared to the old light - it opens up the room. Seems obvious now, but had not considered that - but not having the light hanging at eye level is amazing.
Great room. But do you need me to send you some Bruins gear to class it up a bit? Lol

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. Got divorced during the pandemic and moving to a new house. Can only fit a 7 footer. Almost definitely going Diamond pro-am.

I like the rosewood finish. Simonis tournament blue 860.

1. I like the look of maple over oak. Any downside to it, other than additional cost? Is it less durable?

2. I’ve read here that the cushions are different on the 7 foot model. Diamond black or something instead of artemis. Should I consider special ordering the artemis?

Some background: I’m a super average player. Used to play league. This is just to play at home, by myself and with buddies. Don’t play tournaments or league anymore, so no need to match up table with where I play out. Also not interested in “7 foot pool sucks” comments. It’s what I can fit, and it is all fun to me!

I’m in Munster, Indiana, 35 minutes to Chicago. Thinking of going with Manning cues for purchase, but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
You can't go wrong with a Diamond Pro-Am 7' table. They are the best small table on the market by far imo. As far as the finish is concerned that's just a matter of personal taste.

Nyquil

Hey guys. Got divorced during the pandemic and moving to a new house. Can only fit a 7 footer. Almost definitely going Diamond pro-am.

I like the rosewood finish. Simonis tournament blue 860.

1. I like the look of maple over oak. Any downside to it, other than additional cost? Is it less durable?

2. I’ve read here that the cushions are different on the 7 foot model. Diamond black or something instead of artemis. Should I consider special ordering the artemis?

Some background: I’m a super average player. Used to play league. This is just to play at home, by myself and with buddies. Don’t play tournaments or league anymore, so no need to match up table with where I play out. Also not interested in “7 foot pool sucks” comments. It’s what I can fit, and it is all fun to me!

I’m in Munster, Indiana, 35 minutes to Chicago. Thinking of going with Manning cues for purchase, but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Maple is more expensive but it does look better imo. The PRC is nice since it's a phenolic type material, really durable. Shouldn't have issues with the maple though. Pro am's are tough on balls just FYI so I would highly recommend ordering at least the single platter polisher. I use mine weekly to get marks off balls. I have the diamond LED light that works well and matches my table. You can usually get a combo type deal if you shop around and price match. I bought my table thru Heath Manning. He is solid to deal with and gave me the best price. I would recommend finding out who your installer is either way especially if your ordering a 3 piece get with Glen and make sure he approves of the installer.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Diamond Professional 8' maple wood cherry finish. Ordered rosewood finish but received cherry finish, and was told they actually don't offer a rosewood finish on maple, even though Manning lists it. Got it right at the start of covid, and it's an incredible looking table and the maple is in my opinion the best wood of the wood options. Oak is porous, and cherry wood is really a soft hard wood. I will say that even though it's maple wood, it will still dent and scratch. After my wife put a couple little nicks and indentations in it from her wedding ring, she now takes it off when practicing. This is my one complaint with Diamond wood tables, in that the clear top coat is incredibly thin and or just seems to be too buffed out. If I were to do it over, and order a Diamond wood finished table again, I would try to get them to shoot an extra coat of clear, and pay extra for that, as if you use a polishing wax on the wood, you will get some color from the finish on the cloth, and because of it now just use a pure carnuba wax without polishing agents. To be honest I would have just got the prc rails, but my wife insisted on the wood look, and the look I got is just incredible. If you look up my postings there is pictures of my table with a 2' x 6' led light that I made for it.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a Littman light from Manning. Amazing people to deal with. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone. Super responsive and friendly.
I've spent over $10K buying things from Heath Manning. He will be the first person I buy from in the future, and the first person I recommend to others. Perfect customer service. I tried going through local reps first, but they were extremely disappointing.

Hoogaar

Registered
I've spent over $10K buying things from Heath Manning. He will be the first person I buy from in the future, and the first person I recommend to others. Perfect customer service. I tried going through local reps first, but they were extremely disappointing.
100% there with you. Local store here turned me off completely. Heath was great to deal with. Littman actually made a mistake on the shipping (coming to Canada there was something they forgot to do) so it had to be sent back. Anyway, Heath was on top of it the whole time until it got to me. And Mike (Littman) was awesome too as I had a few questions about the light.