SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure why you let negativity affect your go to market strategy. You could launch a Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream Tour and you'd still get a fair amount of negativiety; puppies chew on things and ice cream melts. What flavor?

The negativity could be spouting because those that are promoting it have voiced (pretty loudly) 626 is a sham. Perhaps that's why folks think there may be an ulterior motive.

At the end of the day, it's your party and you can throw it as you see fit. Like I said, I hope it is wildly successful and we see some good pool.

I don’t believe BC has called anything a sham and I know I haven’t either.

There have been others on AZ and perhaps elsewhere who have cast aspersions but those people are not part of our operation.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure it was.

And afterwards he could have offered other players the opportunity to run balls under the exact same conditions. But he didn’t. I see absolutely no reason why we should feel compelled to invite him to our event.

He did what he did and is being rewarded with his various showings and other marketing devices. We’re going to take a different approach and open it up to a number of world championship level players to see what they can do.

Lou Figueroa
I think it's an awesome concept and I look forward to seeing what it produces. Outside looking in: John is the World Record holder (regardless of what some think) and he should be given the opportunity to put up or shut up. Using his not opening up an invite for others to attempt a run under the same conditions is a weak argument to omit him. It was a personal quest, not an open challenge.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thank you — I think we’ll be fine.

Lou Figueroa
And if during your events, you fail repeatedly to produce a new high run record, do you then pay tribute to John Schmidt for HIS accomplishment for setting a record so high YOUR events fail to break it?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t believe BC has called anything a sham and I know I haven’t either.

There have been others on AZ and perhaps elsewhere who have cast aspersions but those people are not part of our operation.

Lou Figueroa
Sham may have been too strong a word. Allow me to rephrase, "The negativity could be spouting because those that are promoting it have voiced (pretty loudly) 626 may not be wholly authentic."

Better?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if during your events, you fail repeatedly to produce a new high run record, do you then pay tribute to John Schmidt for HIS accomplishment for setting a record so high YOUR events fail to break it?
Quite the contrary! It will be proof he couldn't have done it because all the top players in the world couldn't do it!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's an awesome concept and I look forward to seeing what it produces. Outside looking in: John is the World Record holder (regardless of what some think) and he should be given the opportunity to put up or shut up. Using his not opening up an invite for others to attempt a run under the same conditions is a weak argument to omit him. It was a personal quest, not an open challenge.

Who knows what the future holds — but regardless I guess we’ll all get the chance to see where the ceiling on a 14.1 high run truly is.

And ours is a private quest : -)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The objective of the project is to see what happens when you invite the best players in the world to run balls at 14.1 with favorable if not ideal conditions.

We don’t know where this will lead in terms of numbers. So just sit tight abd enjoy the ride. I know I am.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sham may have been too strong a word. Allow me to rephrase, "The negativity could be spouting because those that are promoting it have voiced (pretty loudly) 626 may not be wholly authentic."

Better?

There should be nothing wrong with having an open mind.

Lou Figueroa

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
always nice to see pro players shooting straight pool. there are far to few straight pool events these days. i prefer real matches but i will definitely tune in to see svb or filler try to set a personal record. (szolnoki, probably not)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who do you guys think has the best chance to run over 500 in today’s game, right now? I would put Filler as top dog. Then I’d put the Taiwanese players in the next 5-6 spots. They do play a decent amount of straight pool in Taiwan. When I was there even the bangers were playing it. Then I’d put the older but top straight pool Europeans like Thorston and Feijen. Then maybe Shane.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yes I’m excited to see what comes of it. Personally I think someone will best the 626.

It might take a while, or it might happen on the first attempt. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 526 broken more than once if people keep this up for a while. Once the damn breaks on a record it becomes easier to see yourself beating it, which makes it easier to bend the matrix to your will : )

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
What record? Oh BCA recognized record you speaking of?
You might not know but there have been at least 6 runs over 626 that never went to the BCA because they didnt care and it meant nothing to the players. They couldn't make any money for their runs and that's kinda sad. Our goal is not aimed at records as it's aimed at helping our sport and to help players Women and Men get recognized so maybe so many pros won't be broke and help them to make a living from many different angles. If any if the Women or Men exceed a high runs/ records they will be more than happy with the financial outcome. We have quite a few players lined up and the list of players wanting to play in our events is alot. There will be no failure of any type only positive.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So who do you guys think has the best chance to run over 500 in today’s game, right now? I would put Filler as top dog. Then I’d put the Taiwanese players in the next 5-6 spots. They do play a decent amount of straight pool in Taiwan. When I was there even the bangers were playing it. Then I’d put the older but top straight pool Europeans like Thorston and Feijen. Then maybe Shane.
I think all the players have a chance to run big numbers and everyone is excited to find out. It's never ever been tried before so we will see soon.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’d think John Schmidt would have a really good chance to run over 500!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d think John Schmidt would have a really good chance to run over 500!
:)

Surprisingly I left his name off. I don’t think he would go through that torture again. He did his 626 and that’s that. The other modern day pros, however, can only imagine the torture. They haven’t experienced it themselves yet.

Also depending on how the pay structure is, it might simply be paid practice for them, regardless of the count. So the pressure is low. For JS, it was all or nothing. And I don’t mean financially for him. I mean the pressure of topping the 526 legend of Mosconi. If a pro today tops 626, it will be nothing like it was for JS.

It’s like breaking babe Ruth’s record vs breaking Sammy sossa’s record or whoever holds it now.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:)

Surprisingly I left his name off. I don’t think he would go through that torture again. He did his 626 and that’s that. The other modern day pros, however, can only imagine the torture. They haven’t experienced it themselves yet.

Also depending on how the pay structure is, it might simply be paid practice for them, regardless off the count. So the pressure is low. For JS, it was all or nothing. And I don’t mean financially for him. I mean the pressure of topping 526 legend. If a pro today tops 626, it will be nothing like it was for JS.
I just think that since he’s thrown up so many big numbers in the past, not including the record, he would be a contender for an over 500 run.

Someone did post that he had surgery on his hand so he may be taking a break, even if he was allowed to participate in this exclusive exhibition.