Should other members be allowed to reply in sales posts?

Should other members be allowed to reply to a sales post?

• Total voters

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Oblio said you don’t need a point to have a point. If you look at the reaction & reception to your posts,
it tells you forum members have little respect for your thoughts, opinions, comments, posts and threads.

Your poll so far overwhelmingly confirm you are in left field on this point and maybe should just shut up.
That’s unlikely so I’ll put it to you another way. Go start your own website if you don’t like the rules here.
And it appears you must not have any respect for the other 25% opposing replies correct? Otherwise you might have a different attitude toward the whole process. You can't dismiss the 25% like their opinion doesn't count.
If it were 90-10 I'd say overwhelming and call it a day but it's not.
It is obvious that there are some here that feel entitled and they just keep proving it by disregarding the poll instructions.
Please follow the poll instructions and PM if you have other input.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t worry about the comments.

Worry about the results of the poll.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just look at wanted/for sale to see the nice cues because I'd never pay these prices for a cue so it doesn't bother me if the allow comments or not.

I could see a case where someone comments on a post to bump it to the top of the page for his buddy who is selling the cue.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just look at wanted/for sale to see the nice cues because I'd never pay these prices for a cue so it doesn't bother me if the allow comments or not.

I could see a case where someone comments on a post to bump it to the top of the page for his buddy who is selling the cue.

A “standard” template for a For Sale item would increase the odds of less people commenting or asking questions.

The majority of sale posts leave out information that many potential buyers want to know before they commit to buying something.

Many say “PM for price” or “specs available if requested”, etc.

Those should be mandatory items to be posted up front in the original sales post.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that there was a actual 'rule' about commenting in F/S posts like the 48hr bump ? Especially when a 'Nice Cue' comment puts listing on top.

I remember when the f/s section was much more robust with fresh listings and it pissed off sellers ( diden't blame them) who waited 2 days to bump their listing and bumping early was frowned upon. Now it seems like members are too lazy to list specs which leads to all sorts of bumps by members who are too lazy to PM with questions.

If I see something fresh I like or a killer deal I will give OP a 👍 If I have a question or need to discuss price etc.. I will PM

Be well,
kat

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
And it appears you must not have any respect for the other 25% opposing replies correct? Otherwise you might have a different attitude toward the whole process. You can't dismiss the 25% like their opinion doesn't count.
It is obvious that there are some here that feel entitled and they just keep proving it by disregarding the poll instructions.

Should other members be allowed to reply to a sales post?​

As I have said, you asked the question VERY poorly in regard to your "beliefs" about how Forum Classifieds work. You'd have been no where near 20/25% if you'd have said:

Should members be allowed to ask questions within the post about an item for sale in Classifieds?

That is what you meant. Your are extremely disingenuous in most all your posts on this thread. Or had you stated:

Should all questions and replies be kept by PM only in a For Sale post?

This would have been the question you meant to ask.

Through this entire thread, and given you have no history here with a seller rating, limited number of posts, your comments and strong desire to keep all conversations out-of-site related to buying and selling from the membership; I think people here would be best off not dealing with you at all. Anywhere.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As I have said, you asked the question VERY poorly in regard to your "beliefs" about how Forum Classifieds work. You'd have been no where near 20/25% if you'd have said:

Should members be allowed to ask questions within the post about an item for sale in Classifieds?

That is what you meant. Your are extremely disingenuous in most all your posts on this thread. Or had you stated:

Through this entire thread, and given you have no history here with a seller rating, limited number of posts, your comments and strong desire to keep all conversations out-of-site related to buying and selling from the membership; I think people here would be best off not dealing with you at all. Anywhere.
I endorse this post!

The guy is a little ”too wired” for me to ever deal with him.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A “standard” template for a For Sale item would increase the odds of less people commenting or asking questions.

The majority of sale posts leave out information that many potential buyers want to know before they commit to buying something.

Those should be mandatory items to be posted up front in the original sales post.
I agree completely. Perhaps the moderators could come up with a template for sellers to follow. Price, weight, diameter at the ferrule, weight bolt or not, shaft taper, roll straight, type of wood, age if known, perhaps balance point.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

I agree, especially on requiring the price at a minimum. Last thing I want to do is start PM trading just to find out the price.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really are obtuse. Because I disagree and do not condone your behavior has absolutely nothing whatsoever
to do with the other forum members that think commenting on a for sale thread isn’t appropriate. It is you I take
personal offense with not any others so stop making this seem like you have some sort of following. 3 out of 4 is
an overwhelming majority, but in your mind as long as you can get someone to agree, it validates your opinion.

Take a look at American history…….whenever there has been a vote, 75% for or against any candidate or issue is
a landslide outcome for or against anything. You live in a distorted world just like people who believe in the Big Lie.
Beat the drum…..rally your supporters as few as they are but realize this. You’re becoming known as just a clown.
Once that occurs, it will take a long time for your reputation to ever improve, if it ever does. But that’s really up to you.

dirtvictim

Maybe I could have expressed it differently but statistically it would be more like 50% then not less.
Again replies are to be Yes or No and explain why.

dirtvictim

I just hope that if dirtvictim posts a for sale ad that I'm interested in. Someone posts a comment in it that points to this thread.
Trust me when I list an item I will never sell to anyone that replies to my sale post so the only people that will benefit will be those that PM and I will remember the entitled members and I hope other sellers remember too how berating some here are.
Replies are to be yes or no and why only.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
And I get a PM from dirty victim that as a "moderator" I am being reported to ownership for my behavior.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Please ban this troll for Gawd's sake. 🤣

dirtvictim

And I get a PM from dirty victim that as a "moderator" I am being reported to ownership for my behavior.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Please ban this troll for Gawd's sake. 🤣
So you are not a moderator? You certainly represented like you were in several posts. You have been reported. You are a smartazz condescending berating person and your posts here proves that. I'm done with the entitled here, very immature. I will wait for the fallout.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
So you are not a moderator? You certainly represented like you were in several posts. You have been reported. You are a smartazz condescending berating person and your posts here proves that. I'm done with the entitled here, very immature. I will wait for the fallout.
Dude, if I was a Mod here you'd have been gone by now. (y)
🤣

Your reading comprehension reminds me of a couple other trolls here. Hmmm.....

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me when I list an item I will never sell to anyone that replies to my sale post so the only people that will benefit will be those that PM and I will remember the entitled members and I hope other sellers remember too how berating some here are.
Replies are to be yes or no and why only.
You don’t have to worry about me ever buying anything from you.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Name calling is against the rules, sir.