J. Shaw's wife...................

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...if anyone suggests their opinion, they could be slammed by the trolls and banned members posting in this thread.
I'm of the opinion something isn't on the level with this incident but I gotta call out your hypocrisy. You are defending your posiiton which is fine, but quickly dismiss any and every other plausible theory. Perhaps if you took off your tunnel vision glasses for a moment and viewed this with an open mind, chances are you wouldn't be ridiculed as much. At this point anything is possible because none of us know ANYTHING.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something doesn't smell right. Let me get this straight. Your wife face-plants onto a wood floor that sounded like "a baseball bat hit the floor as hard as it could" and you don't insist she go to the hospital to get her head checked out? WTF? My wife would have been in the hospital ASAP. Then you leave your wife passed out on the bathroom floor to go play? Wow...I would have cancelled the match and taken her to the hospital. Questionable judgement and choices, for sure.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something doesn't smell right. Let me get this straight. Your wife face-plants onto a wood floor that sounded like "a baseball bat hit the floor as hard as it could" and you don't insist she go to the hospital to get her head checked out? WTF? My wife would have been in the hospital ASAP. Then you leave you wife passed out of the bathroom floor to go play? Wow...I would have cancelled the match and taken her to the hospital. Questionable judgement and choices, for sure.
Everything is questionable with mainly unknowns to consider.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Something doesn't smell right. Let me get this straight. Your wife face-plants onto a wood floor that sounded like "a baseball bat hit the floor as hard as it could" and you don't insist she go to the hospital to get her head checked out? WTF? My wife would have been in the hospital ASAP. Then you leave you wife passed out of the bathroom floor to go play? Wow...I would have cancelled the match and taken her to the hospital. Questionable judgement and choices, for sure.

I don't know Jason's insurance situation, but lots of people decline ambulance rides (and hospital trips) when they come to because of the cost (I've done it before).

Reactions: JAM

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Jason's insurance situation, but lots of people decline ambulance rides (and hospital trips) when they come to because of the cost (I've done it before).
No amount of money is worth the potential of losing the #1 person in your life. Did you listen to the interview? She's in very bad shape.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
No amount of money is worth the potential of losing the #1 person in your life. Did you listen to the interview? She's in very bad shape.

Again I don't know the details, but it's possible his wife waived off the ambulance over Shaw's objections. I once fell (roller skating) and broke my arm and was knocked out. I came too just as the paramedics were getting ready to load me up. I declined service, signed the waiver forms, and was let go. My wife disagreed but it didn't matter as far the paramedics were concerned. Walking in for service instead of the ambulance ride can save thousands depending on your insurance.

As we don't have any real information about this incident it's hard to criticize anyone for things they may or may not have done.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, did you listen to the interview? Per Jayson, (paraphrasing) she was out of it and in no way was of sound mind to make her own decisions. He also said the paramedics advised him to not take her to the hospital. I don't buy that either. They ALWAYS err on the side of caution and it's a big time liability for them to give that advice. Something is off.
Yes, I agree. I don't think Jayson realized how serious the condition of his wife truly was at the time. He was in a bad way mentally, emotionally, and physically. Poor guy.

Throughout the podcast, people were posting things like get a lawyer, investigate, hold them accountable, sue, lawsuits, blah-blah-blah. At this stage, that is not important. The only thing that is important right now is that Ara Shaw recover. Legally speaking, the way things went down, listening to that podcast, it's a little late to think about casting blame.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch the video and hear the words of Jayson Shaw. It's very illuminating.
Watched his video

She so obviously has a traumatic brain injury. She needs to be brought to an ER, MRI done and seen by a qualified neurologist.

He's saying himself that it's just not alcohol...ok. Benzos are going to be out of her system and she has classic signs of a head injury. Certainly hit with enough force to have a severe injury.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guess lacking insurance may be at the root of this....see that often. You still need to seek proper care in these situations.

Very sad for these guys. I've had him at our room for exhibitions. The life of a pro pool player sucks most days. To bring family into that mix makes it all tougher.

Reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between a pool player and a large pizza?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I've tried to stay out of this but I've watched the video and now I agree with you 100%. I can not believe he left her laying on the bathroom floor. Makes no sense to me.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I'm just curious to hear from the posters, for, against or middle of the road. Do any of you not find this very questionable that J Shaw left his wife laying on the bathroom floor for 6 hours and that he didn't insist on taking her to the ER immediately? I don't want to make any derogatory comments but I find this completely unacceptable and careless. Even if she said I don't want to go to the ER, loved ones are supposed to insist, etc.

DeeDeeCues

I'm just curious to hear from the posters, for, against or middle of the road. Do any of you not find this very questionable that J Shaw left his wife laying on the bathroom floor for 6 hours and that he didn't insist on taking her to the ER immediately? I don't want to make any derogatory comments but I find this completely unacceptable and careless. Even if she said I don't want to go to the ER, loved ones are supposed to insist, etc.

Not for any to judge unless they were there.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I find it appalling and negligent.