J. Shaw's wife...................

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
33%--This is the chance that this has a medical explanation of some kind that does not involve drugs outside of alcohol, and alcohol may have been a marginal or major contributor.

33%--The chances that this is due to a drug/s, whether legal or illegal, that she intentionally took but is trying to hide that and keep it secret and not admit to it for whatever her reasons.

33%--The chances that this is due to drugs, legal (prescription or over the counter) or illegal, that she does or would fully admit to taking but as of yet just doesn't realize are what caused the problem.

1%--The chances that somebody spiked her drink or she got jarred, and the chances actually went down to about .1% after the video was reviewed showing that nobody messed with her drink but I'm calling it 1% just to have a nice round number.
I don't agree with the assigned probabilities or even to assign probabilities at all to a real life situation with too many unknown factors. I'd say the exact probabilities are unknown. However, I do know there are many reasons for someone fainting (medical), without taking any drugs or alcohol. You can faint from just standing up too quickly. All manner of medical problems, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, dehydration, overheating, allergies, seizures, sleep deprivation, exhaustion, fever....I believe if you had to assign numbers to such a situation, you'd at least have to adjust your probabilities very heavily towards "natural" causes. I've seen people black out from all of the above. We can probably rule out external trauma before the fall, but that of course is one reason to faint as well.

All sorts of things can lead to a "shock" reaction that can dilate your blood vessels suddenly, causing you to faint. Once a girl I brought to a restaurant fainted from smelling a spicy dish..It was a fancy restaurant and they brought her back with smelling salts. In medic training, one candidate had to be dropped because he consistently fainted at the sight of blood, lol. I mean, talk about choosing the wrong path..Another fainted from needles, dropped out as well.

Alcohol of course is a possibility. Sometimes, when you've been fasting, if you're slightly ill etc alcohol can really sneak up on you in unexpected ways. It also tends to amplify any other problem one may have, so the intake can be very moderate and have a very powerful effect. I'm not a doctor, I've just seen this happen a few times. A girl I know drank while sick and taking antibiotics...bad idea. Blacked out and had all sorts of problems after only 2 drinks. People are idiots sometimes.

Recrational drugs exist, may be a cause, but are socially stigmatized so lets not speculate on that. Don't know the woman, have no idea if that is something that she'd ever do and won't speculate.

I do agree that the drink spiking seems a bit far fetched, though not impossible. The syringe theory may also be possible. I'm leaning towards natural causes, from the little information we have. And really, people should get the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People overreacted here?!

There was wild speculation here and some people got on their high horses here to preach to the great unwashed, uniformed here?!

No es possible, lol.

Lou Figueroa
oh yeah
have a great T-Day
Si, es verdad mi amigo!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw's update.
She had significant injury with fractures of base of the skull in the more fragile bones with bruising/swelling the brain there. Very unfortunate for her.

" Thanks so much for all the well wishes my wife and me are thankful for all support she’s currently out of action for at least the next 1 to 2 months

She has fractures to the occipital bone and Clivus with extension to the Forman magnum and left petroclival synchoondrosis also lot bruising to front of skull shes got some hope not needing sugary so im little relived on that side she’s going have to be out of action and needs to keep going every 2 weeks for while to get scans and see how this will plan out out over next few months

She’s not able to answer anyone at the moment or text so please if you meesaged her give her some time to try get here get her health back and she’s very thankful of all the concern

♥️ I love you babe and we will get past this ♥️"

Last edited:

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious to hear from the posters, for, against or middle of the road. Do any of you not find this very questionable that J Shaw left his wife laying on the bathroom floor for 6 hours and that he didn't insist on taking her to the ER immediately? I don't want to make any derogatory comments but I find this completely unacceptable and careless. Even if she said I don't want to go to the ER, loved ones are supposed to insist, etc.
I said the same thing on Neight’s Facebook page, and during the Podcast, they insulted the listeners that said that it was irresponsible of Jayson to leave his Wife barely conscious, or nearly dead, on the floor, unable to get up or hold a Cup! It’s Jayson’s decision, and his Wife, but she hit her head, wasn’t breathing for awhile, and was lying on the Bathroom floor when he left. Why didn’t he get her back to the hospital? Why did the hospital let her come home, knowing she hit her head, and she wasn’t feeling better? They said we live in our Parent’s basement, masturbating because we never had Sex, because we questioned Jayson’s priorities! Jayson still lost! What did he accomplish by playing with no rest, and worried about his wife, supposedly, because the Match seemed to come first! I told them to go to Hell. We aren’t trying to make Jayson feel bad, but he would never have been able to live it down if she was Dead or in a Coma.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said the same thing on Neight’s Facebook page, and during the Podcast, they insulted the listeners that said that it was irresponsible of Jayson to leave his Wife barely conscious, or nearly dead, on the floor, unable to get up or hold a Cup! It’s Jayson’s decision, and his Wife, but she hit her head, wasn’t breathing for awhile, and was lying on the Bathroom floor when he left. Why didn’t he get her back to the hospital? Why did the hospital let her come home, knowing she hit her head, and she wasn’t feeling better? They said we live in our Parent’s basement, masturbating because we never had Sex, because we questioned Jayson’s priorities! Jayson still lost! What did he accomplish by playing with no rest, and worried about his wife, supposedly, because the Match seemed to come first! I told them to go to Hell. We aren’t trying to make Jayson feel bad, but he would never have been able to live it down if she was Dead or in a Coma.
If she had been brought to the hospital that night or even the next morning with imaging showing the extent of her injuries, day 3 would have been postponed. Entire thing was a disaster.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If she had been brought to the hospital that night or even the next morning with imaging showing the extent of her injuries, day 3 would have been postponed. Entire thing was a disaster.
Why was the hospital not the first stop? Did they(J's group) request that she be taken to hotel??? If she was showing any concussion symptoms i can't picture anyone refusing a trip to the ER pronto. Hope she's doing better.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I only got to page 12 of 14. Then it was trimmed. Was just ready to offer an over/under bet. ;)
Sincerely offer best wishes for recovery.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While on vacation, my Dad went to a gym and worked out. After working out, he went into the jacuzzi. When he got out of the jacuzzi, he passed out, fell backwards, and cracked his head on the cement floor. He came to almost immediately, then he got up and sat down on a bench and rubbed the back of his neck. The alarmed members rushed over to him and asked him if he was alright. He said he was fine. Someone alerted the club manager, and he came into the locker room, and he told my Dad to stay put, and he called an ambulance. The ambulance people put him on a backboard and took him to the local hospital. At the local hospital, they diagnosed him with a spiral fracture of the vertebrae in his neck. The local hospital life flighted him to a regional hospital to perform emergency surgery. We were told that on the flight my Dad's back/neck were immobilized and one attendant held the box around his head still for extra protection.

At the regional hospital, the surgeon inserted a permanent rod in my Dad's neck, and the surgeon said my Dad was lucky he wasn't paralyzed. During recovery immediately after the surgery, my Dad swallowed food into his lungs and got pneumonia. He almost died from the pneumonia, and later he told me that he wanted to die. I responded, "What????". He said he felt so crappy that he wanted to die. Wtf?? He spent a couple of weeks at the regional hospital before he was well enough to travel and return home.

During his convalescence at home, my Dad went to a doctor who had him swallow liquids of various viscosities while viewing an X-ray of his throat in real time. Some of the liquids were going down the wrong pipe and into his lungs rather than into his stomach, so my Dad had to relearn how to swallow into his stomach tube. Another doctor said that there was evidence of a stroke in the part of the brain that controls swallowing, and it was possible that the stroke occurred when my Dad got out of the jacuzzi. The whole ordeal was very hard on my Dad. He had to wear an uncomfortable neck brace all the time, which he hated, and I caught him many times with the neck brace off. He would say, "Okay, put my head back on." His brain was still a little scrambled from the trauma. The back of his neck had a vertical scar that looked like someone took a hatchet and buried it in the back of his neck. Eventually, my Dad didn't have to wear the uncomfortable neck brace anymore, and he got used to the stiffness in his neck from the rod.

The health club manager saved my Dad's life.

I hope Jason Shaw's wife doesn't have anything as serious as that and that she makes a full and speedy recovery. I have known people without health insurance who act completely differently than I would in an emergency situation. Ambulances and emergency rooms are ridiculously expensive.
If you have ever been through first responder training they tell you to ask someone how the feel and then wait 15 minutes and ask again. It is common for a person not to realize how badly they are hurt immediately after an injury.

Regarding Shaw's wife - get well soon.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have ever been through first responder training they tell you to ask someone how the feel and then wait 15 minutes and ask again. It is common for a person not to realize how badly they are hurt immediately after an injury.

Regarding Shaw's wife - get well soon.
She bounced her head of the floor hard enough to knock her out. She should have gone straight to ER.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just got off the phone with Jayson. He and Ara have had a tortuous few days and it truly was touch and go for her survival. That much we know for sure. She is still in a hospital near her home in Boston and should be released soon. But her rehabilitation is just beginning. In all liklihood it will be weeks and maybe months before Ara has completely recovered from this experience.

After Jayson described all the symptoms she exhibited I began to suspect that she may have been the victim of a date-rape drug. That night after the match concluded she was at the bar with Jayson and their friends, but other people (men) were also in the area, and there was a lot of mingling with the crowd. Someone with bad intentions may have not even known who she was or her relationship with Jayson, and only saw her as an attractive young woman that could be taken advantage of.

I am not a docter and don't profess to have all the answers. I do know from what I've seen online posted by medical people that these so-called date-rape drugs can be deadly. There have been many incidents already of women succumbing (passing out and remaining unconscious) from their effects, and expiring that night or the next day. It has been happening in party spots all over the country. You will find reports about some of them online where a woman died or was incapacited and left somewhere in critical condition. Some of these drugs (again from published reports) can become undetectable in less than 24 hours.

Whether they will ever get to the bottom of this or find the person(s) responsible we don't know. What is important is that Ara Shaw recovers and we see her again with Jayson at pool tournaments in the future. It is no accident that Jayson's career really took off during his relationship and subsequent marriage to Ara. She has been his inspiration and a whole lot more. Wishing them both the best going forward. As Dennis shared with me a couple of days ago, "Jayson played so good and I don't know if I can win. He is one of the best players I ever play with."

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay
to speculate date rape drugs when you have no evidence
is really disappointing from you,,,,,(n)
hopefully the doctors did a toxicology screen so we have some facts\
jmho
icbw
agree 100%. waaay too much speculation so far.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the Shaw's did tell doctors she may have been given something...they absolutely would have drawn blood to check.

So why don't we hear test results? It's terribly unfair to suggest this happened without real evidence.

At this point there likely will never be an explanation for why she passed out, though there are many potential causes.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
At this point there likely will never be an explanation for why she passed out...
Correct. There is almost zero chance that if it was due to something she took herself that they are ever going to admit that, and after the accusations they have made they would probably not make it public if they ultimately found out it was due to a health or medical issue either. They would probably only update the public as to the cause if it did turn out that she was jarred (and they would definitely do so in that case), so if we never see a toxicology report saying she was jarred we can know for sure what it was NOT but that will likely be all we will ever know.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct. There is almost zero chance that if it was due to something she took herself that they are ever going to admit that, and after the accusations they have made they would probably not make it public if they ultimately found out it was due to a health or medical issue either. They would probably only update the public as to the cause if it did turn out that she was jarred (and they would definitely do so in that case), so if we never see a toxicology report saying she was jarred we can know for sure what it was NOT but that will likely be all we will ever know.
I understand how horrific her situation is. How unfair sustaining such an injury is and how uncertain her recovery will be.

That doesn't excuse creating this situation and leaving it as is....which in his own words is based upon an unclear home test result and nothing more than his suspicion.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They did a blood test at the hospital according to Jayson, waiting for the results. There are some drugs that might not be detectable after 24 hours. One thing we do know, this did not happen in a vacuum!
If the Shaw's did tell doctors she may have been given something...they absolutely would have drawn blood to check.

So why don't we hear test results? It's terribly unfair to suggest this happened without real evidence.

At this point there likely will never be an explanation for why she passed out, though there are many potential causes.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Knowing what caused Ara to pass out is a non factor to me. IF the cause is discovered the Shaw's may or may not disclose it, in the meantime we should consider if our actions are part of the solution or part of the problem

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did a blood test at the hospital according to Jayson, waiting for the results. There are some drugs that might not be detectable after 24 hours. One thing we do know, this did not happen in a vacuum!
People pass out for many reasons Jay....and unfortunately she was never properly evaluated.

Still zero evidence what's being repeated as fact ever happened.

Lack of critical thought has gotten this country in the current fixes it is in. This is a microcosm of the same.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knowing what caused Ara to pass out is a non factor to me. IF the cause is discovered the Shaw's may or may not disclose it, in the meantime we should consider if our actions are part of the solution or part of the problem
Sounds good...what is the problem we are trying to solve again?