Dimond ball cleaner RPM

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Don't her me wrong, copying my product is the ultimate compliment, but to publicly brag about how much cheaper you can make it by excluding counting your own labor, makes me wonder if you just need a pat on your back for a job well done, before you've even built the ball polisher!!!

In other words, don't tell me what you can do, show me, there's the proof!!!

northshoremb

Registered
No, on the contrary, I find it funny. You're pretty much like everyone else, when it comes to you selling something, you expect top dollar, but when it comes to you buying something, to hell with someone else's value, you want it as cheap as you can possibly get it, even if it means you have to build it yourself. But at least you recognize quality, which is why you want to reproduce my designed ball polisher, instead if another design, or build a 5gal bucket polisher. But, I bet you don't build your own car, or play dentist on your own teeth just to cut costs, to what YOU think you should have to pay!

I don't give a shit if you copy my polisher and build your own, but I do question your reasoning for bragging on AZB about how you, as a Canadian can beat down the price of an American built product, therefore eliminating them from making a sale, does it make you a better man doing so?

Or are you trying to show how smart you are because you swear by how much cheaper you can build it, yet lack the intelligence of your own creativity, thereby needing to copy a product designed by someone smarter than yourself, because you couldn't have come up with this design on your own?..
You really sound like a disgruntled person. I don't care if you are the original inventor or if you were some guy that never built it the point I'm saying is why are you bashing me for wanting to build it myself?? Not once did I tell anyone not to buy the machine or that it was overpriced. All I said is I take pride in building something myself cause I love to use my hands and put my own twist on something. There is 100% nothing wrong with me building it myself no matter if it cost me $250 or $500. The reason I like doing it is I have been making my own things for 30 years and love the feeling I get. I take pride in my work and don't lays need to buy something if I feel I can build. Quit bshing me for wanting to build it nd quit saying I can't build same quality for cheaper cause I 100% can.
I'm glad it worked out for you and thousands of people but doesn't mean I need to buy it when I can build myself and also make it high quality

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You really sound like a disgruntled person. I don't care if you are the original inventor or if you were some guy that never built it the point I'm saying is why are you bashing me for wanting to build it myself?? Not once did I tell anyone not to buy the machine or that it was overpriced. All I said is I take pride in building something myself cause I love to use my hands and put my own twist on something. There is 100% nothing wrong with me building it myself no matter if it cost me $250 or $500. The reason I like doing it is I have been making my own things for 30 years and love the feeling I get. I take pride in my work and don't lays need to buy something if I feel I can build. Quit bshing me for wanting to build it nd quit saying I can't build same quality for cheaper cause I 100% can.
I'm glad it worked out for you and thousands of people but doesn't mean I need to buy it when I can build myself and also make it high quality

No, you take pride in copying someone else's invention, no matter what, you're still building a copy!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My question is why do you feel the need to let 1,000's of other people know that you're going to copy an American product just because you don't want to buy it like 1'000s of others have? Copy it in private is one thing, but to announce your intentions, then ask for information about the product you're going to copy, from those who've spent the money to buy a Diamond ball polisher😅🤣🤣so you can make it cheaper!!

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is why do you feel the need to let 1,000's of other people know that you're going to copy an American product just because you don't want to buy it like 1'000s of others have? Copy it in private is one thing, but to announce your intentions, then ask for information about the product you're going to copy, from those who've spent the money to buy a Diamond ball polisher😅🤣🤣so you can make it cheaper!!
My question is why do you always gotta be such a ray of sunshine?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My question is why do you always gotta be such a ray of sunshine?
Oh I don't know, maybe because I take this shit personal, when someone comes right out and announced they're intending to copy something I invented😉

How would you like it if someone did that to you???

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I'll say it again, "The hardest jobs to do, are made easy by those who don't have to do them!"
Wtf does this even mean? Easier said than done?

The hardest jobs to do, (why is there a comma here?) are made easy (so they actually are easier?) by those who don’t have to do them!

How can not doing something make that thing easier to do? I mean, the person’s life is easier because they don’t have to do it, but the job itself still exists and not doing it doesn’t change its difficulty level. Am I missing something? Or are you really just saying, “Easier said than done”? Because I think that makes a lot more sense than what you keep saying. Kind of reinventing the wheel a little.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'

It's unforunate you live in Manitoba. Cause once I'm done building my own take on ball polisher, we could have a get together so we can compare our superior Canadian products that we built for less money....lol

Kidding aside. I completely understand your motovation, and I have absolutely zero doubt that you could build a comparable to the diamond product at the same level of quality. RKC won't like that statement, but anyone with a decent pair of hands, modest mind, and the tools could do so. I've laid hands on a diamond polisher and it is a well build piece of equipment. It's also very well finished, which would be the one difficulty for me...lol.

Can someone do it cheaper...? Well that's a matter if they apply their personal burn rate to the project and what that rate may be. I definitely could not build it from scratch cheaper with everything RKC wants us to factor in. However I, like most project orientated DIY types, don't apply their 'on the job' hourly rate to the DIY builds they take on. The validity of that in the grand scheme of things depends on which side of the argument you're on.

I hope you post your progress, and good luck

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's unforunate you live in Manitoba. Cause once I'm done building my own take on ball polisher, we could have a get together so we can compare our superior Canadian products that we built for less money....lol

Kidding aside. I completely understand your motovation, and I have absolutely zero doubt that you could build a comparable to the diamond product at the same level of quality. RKC won't like that statement, but anyone with a decent pair of hands, modest mind, and the tools could do so. I've land hands on a diamond polisher and it is a well build piece of equipment. It's also very well finished, which would be the one difficulty for me...lol.

Can someone do it cheaper...? Well that's a matter if they apply their personal burn rate to the project and what that rate may be. I definitely could not build it from scratch cheaper with everything RKC wants us to factor in. However I, like most project orientated DIY types, don't apply their 'on the job' hourly rate to the DIY builds they take on. The validity of that in the grand scheme of things depends on which side of the argument you're on.

I hope you post your progress, and good luck
The funny thing is, if I didn't design and build my ball polisher in order for you guys to copy, thereby eliminating the need for your own creativity, what other ball polisher would you be copying in order to build your own?

I already did the hard work, I didn't just sit around and wonder who's ball polisher I could copy, I INVENTED this ball polisher, made it real instead of just an idea!

What pisses me off, is that I don't even get the respect from people like you who copy my design in order to build your own!

Respect is saying something like, Hey, RKC, thank you for designing such a great ball polisher, you made it an extremely simple machine, and yet so effective. Would you mind if I copied your design and build my own personal ball polisher?

I'd just say sure, go ahead, knock yourself out, thanks for the compliment!!

But what I hear is I'm going to build my own ball polisher just like the Diamond ball polisher, because I think I can build it for about 50% of the cost of a new one, because I'm pretty good with my hands! And when I get done building it I'll post up the pictures of it on AZB so everyone can praise me for my accomplishment!!!

northshoremb

Registered
The funny thing is, if I didn't design and build my ball polisher in order for you guys to copy, thereby eliminating the need for your own creativity, what other ball polisher would you be copying in order to build your own?

I already did the hard work, I didn't just sit around and wonder who's ball polisher I could copy, I INVENTED this ball polisher, made it real instead of just an idea!

What pisses me off, is that I don't even get the respect from people like you who copy my design in order to build your own!

Respect is saying something like, Hey, RKC, thank you for designing such a great ball polisher, you made it an extremely simple machine, and yet so effective. Would you mind if I copied your design and build my own personal ball polisher?

I'd just say sure, go ahead, knock yourself out, thanks for the compliment!!

But what I hear is I'm going to build my own ball polisher just like the Diamond ball polisher, because I think I can build it for about 50% of the cost of a new one, because I'm pretty good with my hands! And when I get done building it I'll post up the pictures of it on AZB so everyone can praise me for my accomplishment!!!
Seriously the more you reply the more I think you are acting like a baby. Yes you made a good product but now think you are king of the world and if someone builds one it's inferior. You also state that if they copy it they didn't use their own ideas and copied yours but if they tweaked something to make it suit them better ita not the same so inferior.
You imply all these things and seriously sound like a whiny baby. Get over yourself and understand that everything made is copied cause when something works its going to be duplicated. None of is said we are building one so we can mass produce and put on the market for cheaper so please just SHUT THE F UP already.
I went from thinking you were a very smart guy with tins of knowledge to being a lonely cry bby who needs to get his way on everything and have everyone bow down at your feet

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
That's a very interesting point. I'd most likely just keep on doing what I do now, and polish them by hand. I'm definitely not a creative person.
You mean something like I said in the post you quoted...? Here it is again:
I've land hands on a diamond polisher and it is a well build piece of equipment. It's also very well finished, which would be the one difficulty for me...lol.
So ya, credit where credit is due. You designed a very well conceived and simplistic machine for polishing pool balls. The credit for the continued build quality goes to Diamond. As far as asking your permission to attempt to build my own...? Well, I think Diamond owns the rights yes/no..? ...and honestly I wouldn't seek approval to chisel a wheel out of stone

Last edited:

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a couple machines that have some unique features. Plans for the prototype machine are available for free. Plans for the CleanGleem aren't available as it's a commercial product. The CleanGleem also come in a smaller eight ball model. Feel free to copy all you'd like and good luck with your projects. These are a bit challenging to make but if you have reasonable woodworking/mechanical skills there's no reason you can't build one.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely not, I fail to see how there is anyway possible that could happen with a Diamond. That is part of the reason I like it so much, I can turn it on and walk away and not worry.
Sure can, set it and forget it-sounds familiar. But 100% true. I can’t find one thing I can knock about a Diamond polisher.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here's a couple machines that have some unique features. Plans for the prototype machine are available for free. Plans for the CleanGleem aren't available as it's a commercial product. The CleanGleem also come in a smaller eight ball model. Feel free to copy all you'd like and good luck with your projects. These are a bit challenging to make but if you have reasonable woodworking/mechanical skills there's no reason you can't build one.

Watch the stripes in both of them home made ball polishers, they spin in a perfect circle, look for the strip spinning with the strip, if it don't change its rotation its because the centrifical force of the spin is keeping all the balls spinning on the same axis, which means the balls are not rotating for a 100% buffing shin, but rather polishing the balls like a yoyo. You don't have to believe me, but if you clearly see one strip not rotating while it's spinning, then none of them are rotating while they're spinning.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Watch the balls spinning, you can clearly see them rotating while they're spinning!