Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Why on earth do folks run events or make record attempts under conditions that they will forever have an asterisk next to, just do it right the first time and make history that is indisputable. No one ever questions the legitimacy of Ronnies 147's or his number of centuries, because it's done right.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks this table is ridiculous is completely out of touch with how pool is generally played. In the grand scheme of things, this is a normal table. A tight Diamond is the aberration.

After ripping through this rack Jayson came up a couple inches short and has his work cut out for him in rack 21.

He BARELY made it but he made it and here we go...
Exactly, especially so many shots going right down the middle of the pockets and on long table shots too. Yeah, the shots go down the rail, because you know, nobody in pools knows that if the angle is small, and you hit the rail while hitting it soft enough, it makes the pockets play 10 inches or bigger. I mean, is this breaking news to some pool players. Gosh, I hope not ;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's pretty remarkable how he's able to get such high runs when he often ends up inside the rack after his break shot.
Jason is figuring out the patterns, making it easier to run more balls, but requardless of that, Jason is still and extremely strong shot maker because of his 9B skills. As more and more of playing 14.1 patterns comes into focus, then yes his high runs are going to climb, because where great 14.1 player get in trouble with shot making, Jason excells. Its a deadly combination when you add knowledge of 14.1 patterns together with a shot makers skills.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Dicey end to that rack - 392! But he's on the "draw" side of the BB for like the first time in 3 days.

He makes it! 400 incoming!

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
My IQ tests above average and I’ve always wondered who the people are that are less intelligent than me(I don’t think I’m too smart) until I read this thread.

It all makes sense now.

Reactions: KRJ

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
misses at 407. Great job Jayson.
I know he plays fast, but it appeared he could’ve taken a little longer on that shot than he did, considering he was already +400 and that it was as difficult a shot as it was. Unbelievably great shot making, and I only watched the last 10 racks!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I know he plays fast, but it appeared he could’ve taken a little longer on that shot that he did, considering he was already +400 and that it was as difficult a shot as it was. Unbelievably great shot making, and I only watched the last 10 racks!
Yeah - it looked like he just got down again after the breakball without even getting up to look at it. I remember Pete Margo said he was just mentally wiped after his 300 some-odd high run and missed because of it. Gotta be tough to stay that intense the entire time.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
People who saw Mosconi play, who has the faster pace? Jayson or Willie?

I always heard Willie played very fast.