Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

middleofnowhere

Registered
This is not to add any controversy but I just went on YouTube and I watched one of John's 400 plus runs. There is no doubt he plays beautifully and the table he was playing on the balls didn't break exceptionally easy they just looked like playing pool in a pool room.

Here's the thing I noticed though that I found a little odd. There's people in the room watching The run and they're talking and John's talking.

At points they actually discuss what to do on the table. In other words at one point John got too long and had a long straight in shot and they were discussing the possibility of different balls that might be dead in the rack.

I don't know about this, I know if you catch a record-breaking fish nobody else better touch that rod. The run I'm talking about on YouTube is something like 426 or 436 but there's points in the run where there's like collaboration on how to get out of rack.

I don't really know what to think about that. Set a records playing with coaching? Is his 600+ ball run up anywhere to watch?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before they stopped recording, Bobby got Jason in front of the camera again. Jason said he has blisters on all his finger tips on his bridge hand, and that he had been trying his bollocks off all week, and he just had a feeling about breaking the record, so that's why he turned his car around and came back for another session(which went from 9PM-9AM). Somewhere they mentioned that he was originally scheduled to come back after the DCC.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
From what i've read there were no witnesses that watched entire run. Took place during a practice session. Not saying i couldn't have happened but there's no solid proof of it.
I know a man who saw lots of the Babe’s 768....people were in and out....always someone there...but nobody witnessed the whole run.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before they stopped recording, Bobby got Jason in front of the camera again. Jason said he has blisters on all his finger tips on his bridge hand, and that he had been trying his bollocks off all week, and he just had a feeling about breaking the record, so that's why he turned his car around and came back for another session(which went from 9PM-9AM). Somewhere they mentioned that he was scheduled to come back after the DCC.
I was shocked to see him pick up and start new runs again after the bad roll for 379. It was already past midnight. What an effort!

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try all you want to discredit me, but you can't. I said Earl never ran over 400+ balls before this event, and would have a hard time making 200+ of which he did once, in a week!!!! I said Jason Shaw coming into this event would probably have a high run of around 318, he did.
Your actual quote "...high run of around 318 BUT NO HIGHER THAN THAT!" So, you were wrong by 396 balls. How does it feel to be that WRONG?????????

Last edited: