Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all these arguments whether right or wrong, needless or not, go away if we have a standard size pocket, shelf, and angle for all pro events.

then homeowners can make their own pockets whatever size they want and same with pool rooms but we will all know what is regulation.

we have a regulation size and weight for the balls and that doesnt change based on what record or game of pool we play.
The problem is there are different games that require different table set ups. You want the same spec for professional 1p as straight pool, or you want a spec for each game, 1p, 9 ball. 8 ball, straight pool? Doesn't seem practical.

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Oh my goodness!

Has someone alerted the authorities about the pockets?

Why would you people keep this critical information to yourselves? You need to spread the word.

Maybe a protest march outside the Billiard Academy.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Oh my goodness!

Has someone alerted the authorities about the pockets?

Why would you people keep this critical information to yourselves? You need to spread the word.

Maybe a protest march outside the Billiard Academy.
I’m claiming the world record run made on Jeju, Korea, using a Min table with pockets between 11 and 11.3 cm.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Claim away.
That's what js did. See what it got him. Nearly 15 minutes of glory, then the truth began to overtake the claim.
All pocket dimensions are non-critical dimensions.
That is why there are such large tolerances.
+- means just that; from one side, from two sides, or either side without the other.
Shot millions of balls into the mouths of pockets first. Never been able to shoot even one shot into the throat of a pocket without going through the mouth first. Pocket tolerances,
=-, forgive all inaccuracies. Get over it!
Next, just like in the Barber Shop.
You really don't know what side to join do you? Danny will send his signals soon, be patient.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The problem is there are different games that require different table set ups. You want the same spec for professional 1p as straight pool, or you want a spec for each game, 1p, 9 ball. 8 ball, straight pool? Doesn't seem practical.
Gambling is the only reason pocket sizes change, which has nothing to do with tournament play. DCC don't switch the rails on the tables for different size pockets for the different games played, banks, 9B, one pocket!!

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doesn't matter what any dimensions are, we ain't gonna get to see it,,, or we already would've.
I was watching when FaceBook """"" went down""""", at that address and only that address.
Just because FB went down after it’s 6 hour limit, does NOT mean it still wasn’t being recorded in it’s entirety on the premises- Deon had the presence of mind to use his phone to stream so those of us not there could continue to watch.

Anyway, it’s being reviewed by the people that matter.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambling is the only reason pocket sizes change, which has nothing to do with tournament play. DCC don't switch the rails on the tables for different size pockets for the different games played, banks, 9B, one pocket!!
I'm just saying you can't play effective straight pool on at table set up for 1p, and vice versa. It seems silly to specify one and only one pocket specification for all games purely so we have consistency for high runs, which by and large is meaningless.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Just because FB went down after it’s 6 hour limit, does NOT mean it still wasn’t being recorded in it’s entirety on the premises- Deon had the presence of mind to use his phone to stream so those of us not there could continue to watch.

And I watched the whole thing live, while at least a couple of my friends watched the last 200 or so balls.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm just saying you can't play effective straight pool on at table set up for 1p, and vice versa. It seems silly to specify one and only one pocket specification for all games purely so we have consistency for high runs, which by and large is meaningless.
There isn't a game of pool that can't be played on a table with 4 1/2' corner pockets, 14.1 high runs of 300+ have been done on the Diamond 9ft ProAms as is. One pocket is all about making your balls in your pocket count, NOT making the pockets so tight that they hinder the ability to pocket balls in order to turn a one pocket game into a dog fight, save that for the ONE table in the pool room reserved for gambling on, because no ones going to play on it for the fun of it anyway.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps another completely separate 14.1 high run world record needs to be recognized on unaltered Diamond tables. They are all 4-1/2” corners with 142° facing angles and 5” sides, so there would be no questions.

I’m guessing the current Diamond table high run record is not much over 300 balls, and likely less than that as far as a run that has been completely taped and validated.

As tour cut Diamond’s have become the worldwide accepted commercial tournament table of choice with strict consistent table specs that pros nearly always play on, this record would hold much more legitimacy, at least to myself and I would guess many others who follow the game closely.

Last edited:

gerryf

"Just because FB went down after it’s 6 hour limit"

Is there such a thing as a 6 hour limit? I don't think so, and there have been FB streams longer than that, and even Legends had steams continue longer than that?

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Room owners sho gonna be mad when they have to install 5 different types of table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Perhaps another completely separate 14.1 high run world record needs to be started on unaltered Diamond tables. They are all 4-1/2” corners with 142° facing angles and 5” sides, so there would be no questions.

I’m guessing the current Diamond table high run record is not much over 300 balls, and likely less than that as far as a run that has been completely taped and validated. As this is the accepted table specs that pros nearly always play on, this record would hold much more legitimacy, at least to myself and I would guess many others who follow the game.
The miter angles in the ProAms is 141, just saying. And i still believe the high run record can still be broken on a table with 4 1/2" corner pockets, only thing needed to make it happen is the financial incentives. And I believe the record should be so hard to break that only a few players in the world could be capable of breaking it. If the table plays so easy, the record will be broken over and over again, and passing the 526 and 626 will be an every week occurrence.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't matter what any dimensions are, we ain't gonna get to see it,,, or we already would've.
I was watching when FaceBook """"" went down""""", at that address and only that address.

Come on, seriously?

We have an unedited high-def recording backed up numerous times and places. Bobby is just in the process of getting the run certified.

Lou Figueroa

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on, seriously?

We have an unedited high-def recording backed up numerous times and places. Bobby is just in the process of getting the run certified.

Lou Figueroa
So what’s so hard about sharing with us the exact corner pocket and side pocket specs, if you are really trying to be transparent? Mouth width, and either throat width or pocket facing angle - very simple!

If you guys are clueless as far as how to accurately take these measurements, I’m sure the table mechanic that altered these cushions/pockets knows exactly!

Lou, no one here is questioning the validity of Jayson‘s 714 ball run. Those of us here including myself who were lucky enough to witness a good bit of his FREE (greatly appreciated) live-streamed week long effort, including a good bit of his final session all know that Jason was playing unbelievably.

It would just be nice enough for those of us that are knowledgeable, to know the pocket specs of the table, so we can make some kind of determination in our minds as far as how the difficulty level of that run would compare to doing it on a diamond table, even if that would obviously be a very subjective opinion.

Last edited: