Is $169 a bad price for a CF shaft

• Yes, too cheap

• Yes, too expensive

• No, great price

Results are only viewable after voting.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If I put a $169 shaft on the market, would this actually be purchased? Or would pool players think the price is too cheap and avoid them? Purely as a marketing/economics exercise.

Nice layered tip, short ferrule or ferruleless, LD front end design. Variety of pin options or replaceable inserts.

Same CF blanks as one of the most widely-used in the world.

If you post anything about your opinions of CF or that you will never use one, congratulations, you have the reading comprehension of a toddler. Please save the electricity and go play outside

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
My father picked up one of those Konellen Cues. Whole cue, CF shaft, Extension and glove for 399.99. For the Price it's an incredible cue.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
...and yes... even though I prefer a wood shaft, Id buy a couple CFs at that price point just to mess around with.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
There would be several key things to marketing them successfully, and if someone knew those things they could sell them literally faster than they could manage to import them. If they didn't know the keys to marketing a cheap carbon fiber shaft they would still sell a large amount.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said same blanks as other major sellers. How do you know that? I know Pred and Cuetec make their own but how do you know where others get their tubes? I don't think they're real open to telling where they get their tubes. Some tubes are still flag-wrapped and not near as good as properly filament wound.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You said same blanks as other major sellers. How do you know that? I know Pred and Cuetec make their own but how do you know where others get their tubes? I don't think they're real open to telling where they get their tubes. Some tubes are still flag-wrapped and not near as good as properly filament wound.

I have held unbranded filament -wound blanks identical to one of the names you may mentioned, straight off the line from the company that developed/manufactured for them. They might have a factory producing for them under their banner, but you can order to that same spec.

Same technology, you can cut it apart and wouldn't be able to tell which was which without a logo or some goofy proprietary pad under a tip.

At $169 with the machining center I have access to, it is a minor profit and so I ponder offering an "affordable" shaft.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not make the price slightly cheaper than a premier wood shaft, say $250? That would also make your carbon fiber shaft 1/2 the price of a premier carbon fiber shaft.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have trouble reconciling pricing of a pool shaft with the reality of what is out there currently...
Screenshot_20220204-100343.jpg

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the market to try something else. I borrowed John Lavin's Defy shaft when I was at Red Shoes a few months ago and loved the Defy shaft. Now I'm thinking buying one but at $355 I can't pull the trigger so I'm looking for a used one.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At $169 with the machining center I have access to, it is a minor profit and so I ponder offering an "affordable" shaft.
I this such an offering would only make sense for a short production run.

No way whoever is selling them to you doesn't offer same or better pricing to others, so your # is only a good one until bigger pockets either pressure your supplier or match/ undercut your pricing to cut your plan at the knees.

I'd like a flat faced radial conical taper shaft for the 3 cushion, please and thank you.