EU Sanctions and the Mosconi Cup

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s the European team worthy of when headlined at matchroom (a communist accepting entity of china) and, why should usa players give them any bother, foreplay and recognition?

how (tf) is matchroom an entity of china? i know they held a world championship in taiwan, but that's a stretch. is emily frazer a manchurian candidate?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The thread's title:

EU Sanctions and the Mosconi Cup

EU is a POLITICAL BODY.

Sanctions are a POLITICAL ACT

Mosconi Cup is a POLITICAL event (per this month's BD, anyway)

Gosh, how did this thread get political???

Jeff Livingston
There is a definitely difference between "How do you think the European sanctions are going to affect the game of professional pool?" and "Thanks Obama!!".

I realize that every single topic in the world can be brought back to politics, but do they need to be?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
There is a definitely difference between "How do you think the European sanctions are going to affect the game of professional pool?" and "Thanks Obama!!".

I realize that every single topic in the world can be brought back to politics, but do they need to be?

Yes, when THEY START OUT POLITICAL. Start a thread on, let's say, perfume and disallow any talk of smelling. Geez.

I started a thread when I came back in Dec of 2020 about younger pool players getting out of their basements and going to the pool halls and playing pool, in order to help the industry, fight the fears, and make a life before its over. It had nothing to do with politics but everything to do with how to live life when things aren't going so well.

Assholes from npr came over and destroyed that thread and you moved it to the npr section where its value was lost immediately.

I dunno...I don't even vote. How the hell am I the problem now?

Jeff Livingston

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I dunno...I don't even vote. How the hell am I the problem now?

Jeff Livingston

No one individual is the problem. It's the way the country is right now. I don't see it changing anytime soon. So all I can do is try to police it as well as possible here. I try to cut the political stuff out of threads when they start to get out of control. When the thread goes completely off the rails though, I delete it.

Mike

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If no threads were started about topics that could go off into politics, then there wouldn't be any new threads started at all.
Wrong. Most threads on here are not political at all. This one had no chance to go anywhere but political. Move them or zap them. People will get the msg. when their threads disappear.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
What is missing here is DISCIPLINE. It's not what you say but how you say it. Forty years in the courtroom taught me how to argue, even passionately, without going over the line. In court, we had an ever present (mostly) judge to keep us in line, but, we still had to be disciplined.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
how (tf) is matchroom an entity of china? i know they held a world championship in taiwan, but that's a stretch. is emily frazer a manchurian candidate?
we're talking about the mosconi cup,
Giving rasson this platform is siding with tyranny.
rasson, is, by permission, financed from the Chinese Communist Party who is the underwriter of the Putin push.

pretentious on my part?
not really, yet, saying such of usa players and its fans seeing it the same way, is - - - more like one or 2.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we're talking about the mosconi cup,
Giving rasson this platform is siding with tyranny.
rasson, is, by permission, financed from the Chinese Communist Party who is the underwriter of the Putin push.

pretentious on my part?
not really, yet, saying such of usa players and its fans seeing it the same way, is - - - more like one or 2.

you wrote that they were an entity of china though, not that they have used rasson tables.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
This forum is filled with intelligent people with a broad scope of experience. We should not be deprived of each other's views, but we must learn to converse without burning down the whole tree house, and tree.
The first thing we must learn to identify and avoid is ad hominem argument, which is a "rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself." Wikipedia has a good basic article on the subject titled, of course, "Ad Hominem".

The article (linked below) will be very beneficial if we will read, understand, and apply. Listen, this stuff, while every bit as daunting, is not any more difficult than learning how to draw.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
you wrote that they were an entity of china though, not that they have used rasson tables.
not a lot of distance between the first and second shorter version, OK.

..."that they have used rasson tables?"
now that's a developing situation...