Pool Tourism

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Thank you for the many replies. I guess it is just not the pool world I hoped for anywhere in the US, but Phoenix and Houston do sound promising. I sensed lower Florida had something going on, but my Florida experience is limited to Starcade in Fort Walton which is definitely worth a visit.

DCC is dead to me until it moves back to Exec. W. (If I am going anywhere to walk long distances and eat dubious meals, I am going turkey hunting.)

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Minnesota, the metro area. Shooters, two stooges, jimmys, cr’s sports. There’s more. All flavors, all sizes. Tournament every week, plus. One pocket action at jimmys.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the many replies. I guess it is just not the pool world I hope for anywhere in the US. Phoenix and Houston do sound promising. I sensed lower Florida had something going on, but my Florida experience is limited to Starcade in Fort Walton which is definitely worth a visit.

DCC is dead to me until it moves back to Exec. W. (If I am going anywhere to walk long distances and eat dubious meals, I am going turkey hunting.)

Thank you for the many replies. I guess it is just not the pool world I hope for anywhere in the US. Phoenix and Houston do sound promising. I sensed lower Florida had something going on, but my Florida experience is limited to Starcade in Fort Walton which is definitely worth a visit.

If you don't find what you're looking for in the Houston area, then I don't think you're gonna find what you're looking for. 😁

soyale

the denver metro area has quite a few, and there’s been a couple threads lately discussing a bunch of them. Hit the search.

if ya end up coming here, I’ll play with you!

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Bangkok is best. About a half dozen nice pool rooms with well kept 9 foot tables within a square mile on lower Sukhumvit. Girls rack the balls for you, and there is action all the time. Tournaments and/or leagues every day…

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
NYC, you have Amsterdam Billiards and Society within walking distance. In Queens, Steinway and New City (now closed until new location opens) shared a similar symbiosis. In Brooklyn, Gotham Billiards & Skyline. Carom Cafe is the spot for 3 cushion.

On the opposite, couple of months ago, I was out in Wilmington Ohio for the US Pro Series. I thought a guy was joking when he said this (the event) was likely the largest concentration of 9 foot tables within an hours drive. Couple of days later, a friend told me a teenager walked up to the Predator table booth, and said it was his first time ever on a 9 foot table.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bangkok is best. About a half dozen nice pool rooms with well kept 9 foot tables within a square mile on lower Sukhumvit. Girls rack the balls for you, and there is action all the time. Tournaments and/or leagues every day…
And quite a few of the Thai bar girls play pretty sporty themselves. :)

telinoz

Registered
NYC, you have Amsterdam Billiards and Society within walking distance. In Queens, Steinway and New City (now closed until new location opens) shared a similar symbiosis. In Brooklyn, Gotham Billiards & Skyline. Carom Cafe is the spot for 3 cushion.

On the opposite, couple of months ago, I was out in Wilmington Ohio for the US Pro Series. I thought a guy was joking when he said this (the event) was likely the largest concentration of 9 foot tables within an hours drive. Couple of days later, a friend told me a teenager walked up to the Predator table booth, and said it was his first time ever on a 9 foot table.
NYC is also one of my favourite spots. Great rooms.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of the things to look for in a "real pool room" is whether it has all three kinds of tables. (That does not include bar boxes for me.) There aren't too many of those rooms left.

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the many replies. I guess it is just not the pool world I hoped for anywhere in the US, but Phoenix and Houston do sound promising. I sensed lower Florida had something going on, but my Florida experience is limited to Starcade in Fort Walton which is definitely worth a visit.

I’ll second Starcade in Ft.Walton Beach.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Exec.West no longer exists. There is a hotel there(Crowne Plaza) but its been completely overhauled. DCC is never going there believe me.