Best Custom Leather Case Makers?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I thought i have read you can pay like $50 extra for express service as well which if so is pretty reasonable.
We have 200+ custom orders in the pipeline and our lead time is currently about 12 weeks on average. That's for a range of custom models and construction options that are unmatched by any of our colleagues. IDK if Whitten is faster than that but for sure they don't do all that we do. We don't have any kind of charge to move anyone up in line. That's not how we do business and never will. I have had people offer me up to a $1000 extra if I would get them their case in two weeks from ordering. Which, depending on the design is absolutely possible and in my mind, having grown up poor and homeless, absolutely unfair.

KWilliams

Registered
We have 200+ custom orders in the pipeline and our lead time is currently about 12 weeks on average. That's for a range of custom models and construction options that are unmatched by any of our colleagues. IDK if Whitten is faster than that but for sure they don't do all that we do. We don't have any kind of charge to move anyone up in line. That's not how we do business and never will. I have had people offer me up to a $1000 extra if I would get them their case in two weeks from ordering. Which, depending on the design is absolutely possible and in my mind, having grown up poor and homeless, absolutely unfair.
I have a 2x3 Ultimate Rugged that I ordered in 2018, and a 1x2 Rugged currently on order.

a6d1b2ee550f466b535ccf42dda3c646.jpg

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my whitten. Joe is by far one the best people i have worked with.

King cases are amazingly well done. His artistry is amazing.
I agree about King. He made me one a few months ago that is absolutely perfect. Beautiful work. I have had 2 Justis cases and I prefer the King. The wait wasn't too long either, and he's great with communicating on the progress.

tabi1

Registered
I have a 2x3 Ultimate Rugged that I ordered in 2018, and a 1x2 Rugged currently on order.

I have a few JB cases as well and my go to case is my 2x3 ultimate rugged. One of the two 2x3's has a pouch that comes on and off (not a rugged) which is very convenient. Larger cases to me they are good for storage not for the pool hall as they are more bulky and heavy. The 2x3 ultimate rugged is perfect. Just carried one on the flight back to work a few days ago, loaded up with 1 player (1 shaft), 1 break cue, and 1 jumper and including the bag it was only like 4 kilograms.

Last edited:

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an awesome leather case by JB, I needed money and chose to sell it because I wasn’t playing much. I’m now waiting on a Whitten.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

I am using a JBCases Rugged Biutterfly 2 X 4 it is perfect, John did it my way, my color, my options, it is almost 110
% perfect. Might tweek it again, to get Perfect Case. But I am still sold on what JBCases does.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 116

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My current case and a photo of one I am currently having made.
View attachment 652526
View attachment 652527
Nice. Whittens are my personal favorite case. I like the basic design, construction is exemplary and I still prefer the tubes. I have 2 of them and getting another early next year.

I have a JB case as well that I like and use often. It has stitched dragon in it that is very cool, and it is very functional with the velcro inside the pockets. Mine has Murnak leather handles as well. It is a 3x6 size and eventually I had them make me a 2x4 interior with much more padding and I am very happy with it and feel more comfortable with my cues in there. I also have several George and Fellini 1x2 cases which I love.

My personal rank would be

1. Whitten
2. It's George/Fellini
3. JB

I also love the 3/4 tubes in an InStroke case. Their construction is not very good anymore but their tube setup is ultra convenient. You always have to futz with a Whitten to get the heights correct