The Quite Eye

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol OK OK I hit a nerve. Let's just say there are some glaring inconsistencies in what you do and say relative to CTE. If you believe you are doing what Stan teaches then more power to you. Apparently you're a fine player so whatever it is works.
Says the guy who knows nothing about CTE. Don’t you get tired of embarrassing yourself?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No aiming system (no, not even CTE) is "exact" - none of them are detailed enough, and if they were they'd be unusable by normal humans at the table. They're all approximations that require the user to finalize the aim line.

pj
chgo
In your opinion. You haven’t provided any proof

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See
Not sure exactly what that means but if you are saying that an A perception only works for one angle for a given cb/ob distance then you are correct. That is, if you are following directions precisely and ignoring where the pocket is.
See, like I said you know nothing about CTE and don’t have a clue how to perform it

phreaticus

The gang of CTE debaters is like a rolling yeast infection that contaminates each & every thread that any one of them (from either side) shows up in. Super persistent and no known antibiotic…

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Correct. Also the reason you don't get it.

pj
chgo
Lets see...I've taken lessons from Hal and started using it 15 years ago. Later took in person lessons from Stan along with the book and videos. I've continued using it the entire time. And according to you I don't get it.

You started your screaming assault on CTE 25 years ago and have never stopped. You have refused to learn and use it. But you,
ALL KNOWING GENIUS OF POOL get every bit of it and know it's a total waste.

If that's the case, you shouldn't be the belittling screwball that you are every day on one forum or another. You should be telling us how great it really is so our games will get worse and worse and you can snicker and laugh behind the scenes.
Or, we can play for that 5k and you can show me, HA-HA!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you're mental. I know you said that you fixed it HERE in the forum AFTER we stopped the PMs. You stated that those 3 side rail shots went in. What I was referring to is what you said IN THE PMs which is NONE of the shots went in until you did a parallel shift and something else before the pivot which bastardized the entire method of doing it.
As I suspected, you didn't understand what I was telling you in the pm. Maybe that's my fault as I didn't think a hiccup with the pivot was going to become a major thing. I said:

OK I tried again and I think I was being lazy with the pivots. Here's what I did and it works better, however, I still need a short approx 6" pivot distance to make it work. I line up the center of the cue to center cb and ob. Then I move the whole cue over to the right a half tip like a parallel shift. I think the taper on the cue was confusing my shift. Then after making sure I have repositioned my bridge hand I pivot to center cue. This works for the first three shots as long as my pivot distance is short.

The above was merely to describe how I diagnosed that my pivot was sloppy. I made sure that I was 1/2 tip offset with my bridge by parallel shifting and then pivoting to center. Whether it was the cue taper or my bridging over the rail that caused it I don't know. I'd have to set everything up again, which I will at some point, and take another look. Please also note that I said I got the shots to work with a short pivot length.

This is what you stated in the PMs regarding pivoting with CTE...IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE THE BALLS ALL GO TO THE SAME PLACE WHEN YOU PIVOT."

Dan White said:
"As far as "jumping in with my clothes on" this is a sore point for me because I keep telling you guys that I HAVE used CTE with manual pivoting per Stan's videos plenty enough to see if it works for me. I'm trying to be evidence-based in evaluating if this works for me. I set up the balls, get aligned and pivot and the balls go to the same place no matter what. That's the reason for my skepticism."

Which means, YOU CAN'T GET A PIVOT TO WORK PROPERLY TO SAVE YOUR ASS!

That's you, Sport...that's YOU.
You are leaving out context and are completely misreading what I'm saying. I am not saying that the balls go to the same place no matter how much I pivot. I'm saying that for a given CTE perception and a fixed pivot there is only one place the ob will go. If I set up edge to A and center to edge and pivot the same amount each time then there is only one place the object ball can go, period. CTE says that if I move the two balls over two inches then the angle will magically change and I will still pocket the ball. I'm saying that the result will be the same every time and the ball will track two inches away from the first shot because we moved the balls over two inches.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says the guy who knows nothing about CTE. Don’t you get tired of embarrassing yourself?
It would only be embarrassing if you actually proved anything. Calling people stupid isn't a convincing reply. You are the one saying things that contradict everything that CTE says.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Lets see...I've taken lessons from Hal and started using it 15 years ago. Later took in person lessons from Stan along with the book and videos. I've continued using it the entire time. And according to you I don't get it.
Seems like after all that "learning" a person of normal intelligence would be able to describe how it works "exactly"...

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As I suspected, you didn't understand what I was telling you in the pm. Maybe that's my fault as I didn't think a hiccup with the pivot was going to become a major thing. I said:
A hiccup? It was a complete and total failure. And something you should have been able to figure out in a couple of tries.
OK I tried again and I think I was being lazy with the pivots. Here's what I did and it works better, however, I still need a short approx 6" pivot distance to make it work. I line up the center of the cue to center cb and ob. Then I move the whole cue over to the right a half tip like a parallel shift. I think the taper on the cue was confusing my shift. Then after making sure I have repositioned my bridge hand I pivot to center cue. This works for the first three shots as long as my pivot distance is short.
The taper on the cue and tip size can affect the pivot and outcome. I thought I asked up front what your tip size was. No? Yes?
Is it much under 13mm?
The above was merely to describe how I diagnosed that my pivot was sloppy. I made sure that I was 1/2 tip offset with my bridge by parallel shifting and then pivoting to center. Whether it was the cue taper or my bridging over the rail that caused it I don't know. I'd have to set everything up again, which I will at some point, and take another look. Please also note that I said I got the shots to work with a short pivot length.
OK. Bridging should have been easily right on the rail, unless your rails are quite skinny.
You are leaving out context and are completely misreading what I'm saying. I am not saying that the balls go to the same place no matter how much I pivot. I'm saying that for a given CTE perception and a fixed pivot there is only one place the ob will go. If I set up edge to A and center to edge and pivot the same amount each time then there is only one place the object ball can go, period. CTE says that if I move the two balls over two inches then the angle will magically change and I will still pocket the ball. I'm saying that the result will be the same every time and the ball will track two inches away from the first shot because we moved the balls over two inches.
Based on what you did on those three balls all down along the side rail, you had 3 very different cut angles. The first ball was lined up to the left tip of the side pocket and the third ball was quite a distance away up the opposite side rail going toward the corner pocket. You used the exact same cue tip offset distance on all 3 shots and pivoted back to CCB on each.
As you just posted, ALL 3 shots went into the pocket. The balls didn't track differently. They all 3 went into the side pocket.
I guess it's time for you to try twisting it into something else and say otherwise.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Seems like after all that "learning" a person of normal intelligence would be able to describe how it works "exactly"...
Exactly? Ok here it is...do it as taught by Stan...BALL GOES EXACTLY INTO THE HOLE.
That's what ("it works!"), not how.

You can say that about every system that works for anybody. I guess they're all "exact" - great news!

pj
chgo

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would only be embarrassing if you actually proved anything. Calling people stupid isn't a convincing reply. You are the one saying things that contradict everything that CTE says.
I didn’t call you stupid, but I guess I can agree with you that you are.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A hiccup? It was a complete and total failure. And something you should have been able to figure out in a couple of tries.
Which I did.
The taper on the cue and tip size can affect the pivot and outcome. I thought I asked up front what your tip size was. No? Yes?
Is it much under 13mm?
Already discussed in pm.
OK. Bridging should have been easily right on the rail, unless your rails are quite skinny.

Based on what you did on those three balls all down along the side rail, you had 3 very different cut angles. The first ball was lined up to the left tip of the side pocket and the third ball was quite a distance away up the opposite side rail going toward the corner pocket. You used the exact same cue tip offset distance on all 3 shots and pivoted back to CCB on each.
As you just posted, ALL 3 shots went into the pocket. The balls didn't track differently. They all 3 went into the side pocket.
I guess it's time for you to try twisting it into something else and say otherwise.
You do realize the ob is 7 inches away from the 5" opening side pocket? The balls went in but not in the same path.

I'm going to stop with this discussion for now. When I get it set up again we'll try again.