PHYSICAL THERAPY and EXERCISES for the Top 10 POOL PLAYER AILMENTS

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
One needs to be careful with back issues. Some exercises and stretches can make things worse. I probably should have included more disclaimers like this in the video. Working with a physical therapy professional is probably a good idea when it comes to back issues.
I thought the same thing. I stretch before playing, but with hardware and a machine in me, some of these exercises would hurt more.
In the same sense, the neck items would help more.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only one on AZB who has experienced many of these ailments? I've had to deal with all of them over the years. The ones currently giving me trouble are 2 and 5. Which ailments have caused the most trouble for you guys?
For me, pretty much every everything hurts, these days. Feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders, and hands. Doesn't have anything to do with playing pool, though.

Of course it only hurts when I move around....or sit still. :ROFLMAO:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only one on AZB who has experienced many of these ailments? I've had to deal with all of them over the years. The ones currently giving me trouble are 2 and 5. Which ailments have caused the most trouble for you guys?
1,6,&7. Mobility drills daily fixed my ailments.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted the first video of a new 3-part series that I created with physical therapists Brad Ott and Scott Rhodes of Rebound Sports & Physical Therapy. We look at the top 10 physical ailments that affect pool players and discuss causes and possible technique changes for each issue. Stretches and exercises to help prevent and rehabilitate each problem are also recommended and demonstrated. The ailments covered are listed in the contents below. Check it out:

Contents:
I - NECK/BACK/CORE
0:00 - Intro
0:48 - 1 - Neck Pain
3:32 - 2 - Pelvis Alignment Issues
8:32 - 3 - Lower Back Pain
12:00 - 4 - Hamstring Soreness
13:58 - Wrap Up
II - SHOULDER/ELBOW - URL TBA
5 - Shooting-Arm Shoulder Soreness
6 - Bridge Arm Shoulder Pain
7 - Elbow Pain
III - WRIST/HAND - URL TBA
8 - Hand Tension
9 - Index Finger Soreness
10 - Wrist Pain

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!
I’ve had them all🤕😵‍💫😵

Fatboy Approved 🦽🦽

Imotv8u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had all of those ailments over the years but they weren’t caused by pool but they sometimes hindered my game. Lower back and neck pains are causing me problems at the moment and that affects my stance and head alignment enough to throw me off my game. Thanks for the videos!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Players over 30 years old should start working out so they could play over 40 and so on..

Also, when people start noticing "small ailments," they should work on them before they become "big ailments" (or even "debilitating ailments").

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve had all of those ailments over the years but they weren’t caused by pool but they sometimes hindered my game. Lower back and neck pains are causing me problems at the moment and that affects my stance and head alignment enough to throw me off my game.

I have had all 10 of the listed ailments over the years, but I am better at controlling them now.

Thanks for the videos!

You're welcome. I aim to swerve. 🤓

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video Dave! My number one over the years has been neck issues. The work stresses are probably where I need to make changes, thanks for opening my mind to others potential causes.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m 75,been thru knee,back,and hip replacement. I play most every day and have used a lot of your tips. One thing that helps me,is I hang. I installed a hanging bar in the rafters of my basement. Thanks for the tips

Hanging (from the hands and not the neck ;)) is great for the shoulders and back.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best shoulder stretch what i know. In this video. Best part is that you can grab on pool table rail and do it before you start play. This one helped me so much.