Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw98

Registered
What is wrong with you, back over 50 years ago all the tables had bucket pockets.
The mosconi table had bucket pockets so why should anyone trying to break the
run record not use the same size buckets that mosconi did. That table that Shaw broke
the record on was not rigged, ask Earl & Shane. The run was approved as was the table,
now get a life and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Helfert said he had been to the room mosconi set his record at 5 or so years later and that the pockets were not easy and rejected balls. So there is at least one first hand account that the pockets were not easy.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this but I also look at the TDF listing and the stock GC's on it ALL are much harder (even the ones with bigger jaws) except the Legends table where the ONLY tables easier are the Valley BBs.
My table on that list is a GC4 that was 2 private owners before me. It still has the factory pockets, and is on its 3rd recovering. The facings have rounded some over the years.

I don’t recall anyone from the legends group giving more than the mouth dimension of the pockets. I believe the other dimensions were estimated by others based on pictures.

If that is true, I’d bet the house those numbers are off enough to make the “estimated” TDF meaningless. Even with the table right in front of you, I’d also bet big 2 people taking measurements of the same table would get significantly different results.

And I say this from the camp that was asking for detailed measurements from the start.

pw98

Registered
Please show us your TDF numbers and analysis on original GC4s (per factory specs) as compared to the specs on our table.

Lou Figueroa
Look at the end of the list at https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...tor-tdf-for-measuring-table-toughness.324408/ :

kanzzo - 9', 5 1/8", 139°, 1 1/4" - 0.80 (Legends of Pocket Billiards GC III)
Mooneye - 7', 4 7/8", 3/4", 1 5/8" - 0.79 (Brunswick Ranchero)
SloMoHolic - 6', 4 1/2", 0", 5/8" - 0.77 (Valley)
dzcues - 7', 4 1/2", 0", 1/2" - 0.77 (Valley)
dr_dave - 7', 4 1/2", 0", 3/4" - 0.77 (Valley)

The next GC is:
RobMan - 9', 5", 3/4", 1.5" - 0.86 (GC)

which is preceeded by a cluster of GCs:
12squared - 9', 4 7/8", 3/4", 1 1/2" - 0.91 (GC)
iusedtoberich - 9', 5 1/8", 1":, 1 1/2" - 0.90 (GC)
MSchaffer - 9', 5 1/8", 3/4", 1 3/4" - 0.89 (GC II)
mfinkelstein3 - 9', 5 1/8", 7/8", 1 1/2" - 0.88 (GC III)
StraightPoolIU - 9', 4 7/8", 3/4", 1 1/4" - 0.88 (GC I)
Vahmurka - 9', 5 1/8", 7/8", 1 1/2" - 0.88 (GC)

It's pretty clear to me that your table is an outlier and not a stock GC. It has 5 1/8th in pockets with angles so parallel I know for a fact they wont reject much of anything even with at speed (which is obvious from watching your video) and (if) the cloth was worn.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at the end of the list at https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...tor-tdf-for-measuring-table-toughness.324408/ :

The next GC is:

It's pretty clear to me that your table is an outlier and not a stock GC. It has 5 1/8th in pockets with angles so parallel I know for a fact they wont reject much of anything even with at speed (which is obvious from watching your video) and (if) the cloth was worn.

How is it clear to you?

I don't see our specs listed in any of the above.

Lou Figueroa

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay Helfert said he had been to the room mosconi set his record at 5 or so years later and that the pockets were not easy and rejected balls. So there is at least one first hand account that the pockets were not easy.
Unless you have actual measurements of the Mosconi table with proof, you are nothing but a shit stirrer.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The next GC is:

Who is kanzzo?

I know he has never been part of our team (I seem to recall he's in Germany); I also seem to recall that he had problems with how we ran our event and was bitching because we wouldn't give him a non-copyrighted version of Jayson's run. So when did he have access to the table Jayson set the record on and why would anyone be moved to believe the stats of someone so unhappy with our event?

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is kanzzo?

I know he has never been part of our team (I seem to recall he's in Germany); I also seem to recall that he had problems with how we ran our event and was bitching because we wouldn't give him a non-copyrighted version of Jayson's run. So when did he have access to the table Jayson set the record on and why would anyone be moved to believe the stats of someone so unhappy with our event?

Lou Figueroa
Coz it supports his position!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ told a large group of us many years ago that the Moscone pockets were large and pretty easy and they accepted balls with no issues during the run. And Russ couple play some himself too.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
this thread is the herpes of azbilliards
I agree and have contributed to it myself because I believe in my stance that Schmidts run and his cheating is bullshit. This thread also should have nothing to do with Jayson Shaw really but we understand the Schmidt nuthuggers and haters deflect from the title of the thread. I guess it might be time to post the video clips that have been sent to us of Schmidt cheating and just how easy the tables were when he had them rigged and then everyone can see why he didn't have unedited video of a 626 run to show the public only a pieced together edited video on a screen that was taken from a cell phone from a far distance where no fouls can be seen or the easiness of the table not to mention being able to rack high or low or tilted without getting caught. Schmidt has the biggest ego of any pool player and for sure if he ran a 626 legitimately he would let the world see. I will ask Lou and our commitee members this week about posting the video clips for everyone to see.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree and have contributed to it myself because I believe in my stance that Schmidts run and his cheating is bullshit. This thread also should have nothing to do with Jayson Shaw really but we understand the Schmidt nuthuggers and haters deflect from the title of the thread. I guess it might be time to post the video clips that have been sent to us of Schmidt cheating and just how easy the tables were when he had them rigged and then everyone can see why he didn't have unedited video of a 626 run to show the public only a pieced together edited video on a screen that was taken from a cell phone from a far distance where no fouls can be seen or the easiness of the table not to mention being able to rack high or low or tilted without getting caught. Schmidt has the biggest ego of any pool player and for sure if he ran a 626 legitimately he would let the world see. I will ask Lou and our commitee members this week about posting the video clips for everyone to see.
I wish you wouldn't hitch your horse to John or take the position that anyone who found 626 acceptable is a 'nuthugger'.

626 set the stage for minimal standards and barely existent rules. You recognized this and Shaw's run resulted.

The crown is Jayson's.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish you wouldn't hitch your horse to John or take the position that anyone who found 626 acceptable is a 'nuthugger'.

626 set the stage for minimal standards and barely existent rules. You recognized this and Shaw's run resulted.

The crown is Jayson's.
To be clear. How long have you known me? Have you ever seen me out of line? I want to be extremely clear not to you but to the World 100% that our events did not start or have anything to do because of John. Anyone can ask Mark Griffin as he posted these facts. Now get your ass to our Academy so I can run another 100 on you. Your a good guy and a great player. Always have been.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be clear. How long have you known me? Have you ever seen me out of line? I want to be extremely clear not to you but to the World 100% that our events did not start or have anything to do because of John. Anyone can ask Mark Griffin as he posted these facts. Now get your ass to our Academy so I can run another 100 on you. Your a good guy and a great player. Always have been.
Yeah.. it's been more than a couple decades, hasn't it?

I realize that it's a tough dance for you to stand on your end of the record and disregard other people's uneducated input. Sometimes a response can't be withheld.

I feel jayson's accomplishment stands on is own.

I was just at the academy...where were you?! I left with $30 of academy money!
(Of course it was my money before I gave it up and won it back!)

And you will never run another 100 on me. I woulda thought you noticed how fast my feet are by now!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bobby, I'll just give you an answer here.

Normally I'd do this privately but because you've brought it up here and it's become a public issue I want to be on record as to exactly what my position on this is and it goes like this: I signed up to be your AZ rep for the Legends of Pocket Billiards. I've enjoyed participating in that role and will continue to do so as long as you'd like.

However, I didn't sign up for anything to do with John Schmidt. As I have said here many times, our event has *nothing* to do with him. And as I've also said here plenty of times, I'm an agnostic when it comes to his 626. So I don't care to be a part of any project to discredit John personally or professionally -- to include discussion of and posting of his past runs.

The Legends event has been great and I'm looking forward to more great accomplishments by those players who choose to participate. Bringing John up does nothing for the prestige of the event and my professional counsel is to let the JS thing go.

Lou Figueroa

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby, I'll just give you an answer here.

Normally I'd do this privately but because you've brought it up here and it's become a public issue I want to be on record as to exactly what my position on this is and it goes like this: I signed up to be your AZ rep for the Legends of Pocket Billiards. I've enjoyed participating in that role and will continue to do so as long as you'd like.

However, I didn't sign up for anything to do with John Schmidt. As I have said here many times, our event has *nothing* to do with him. And as I've also said here plenty of times, I'm an agnostic when it comes to his 626. So I don't care to be a part of any project to discredit John personally or professionally -- to include discussion of and posting of his past runs.

The Legends event has been great and I'm looking forward to more great accomplishments by those players who choose to participate. Bringing John up does nothing for the prestige of the event and my professional counsel is to let the JS thing go.

Lou Figueroa
I agree Lou. Im not out to discredit Schmidt im only out to tell the truth as to the exact details as he has robbed the world of a special record and it was crooked.You and myself take a lot of shit and no one knows the details. we will hold off for now until more mud is slung at us. As always I appreciate all your hard work that you do .

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree Lou. Im not out to discredit Schmidt im only out to tell the truth as to the exact details as he has robbed the world of a special record and it was crooked.You and myself take a lot of shit and no one knows the details. we will hold off for now until more mud is slung at us. As always I appreciate all your hard work that you do .
John Schmidt still living rent free in your head who are you kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.