How to Un-Pivot

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This is for right handers, left handers/just the opposite.

When your cutting a ball to the left.

A. Walk up to whitey on your chosen shot-line to the obj. ball, plant your left foot first Right foot second, then get down on the shot.

B. When your cutting a ball to the right, do just the opposite. Plant your right foot first then your left, then get down the shot.

This will help you straighten out your swing.

This will help you to bring your handle/hand, the proper distance from your hip, whether you're cutting the ball left or right.

Last edited:

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A. Walk up to whitey on your chosen shot-line to the obj. ball, plant your left foot first Right foot second, then get down on the shot.

B. When your cutting a ball to the right, do just the opposite. Plant your right foot first then your left, then get down the shot.

By forcing you to bring your handle/hand, the proper distance from your hip, whether your cutting the ball left or right.
Never heard of this! It's worth a try.

Island Drive

Silver Member
You really don't want the pivoters too improve do yah :).
And your above pic.
Well, your way more handsome in real life, glad we met..... I'm not gay. LOL

bm

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really don't want the pivoters too improve do yah :).
And your above pic.
Well, your way more handsome in real life, glad we met..... I'm not gay. LOL

bm
I was making a joke,nice to have met you.
Who won the tournament you were in?

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got done hitting balls an hour ago, but i didnt try this formula. I forgot, cut left, left foot? right foot?

Island Drive

Silver Member
Have no clue on Felts. Ran outta gas....Was up 5-1 to make to final 16 winners and getting up at 4:30 and driving in the fog 2.5 hrs to play at 10 am which didn't happen till noon, fatigue got me late in the day. Got my $ back was all, but played good. And you? Did you play?

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

This will help you to bring your handle/hand, the proper distance from your hip, whether you're cutting the ball left or right.
Interesting. Where did you come across this info or is it from your own experience?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes we make things more complicated than they are.
I believe it was Alison Fisher that said "hit the point on the object ball furthest from the pocket."
KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Interesting. Where did you come across this info or is it from your own experience?
I taught for years/divorce/quit for yrs, but always thought about the game even though I played Very Little for 20 yrs.
I was an excessive pivioter. Even created carpal tunnel by twisting at trigger time to make the ball.
Been rehabbing my game now for over a year (GCI in my back yard) and changed what I knew was wrong during my prime.
I worked on my game and frustratingly/slowly correcting, removing flaws that I knew I had.
In my youth I was able to overcome poor mechanics with Excessive play.

WobblyStroke

Joke thread? Or u serious? Seems like getting into your stance on your shot line should be a consistent process regardless of which way you're cutting. I mean, really we're setting up on the shot line in order to hit the CB str8 along that line....whether the contact that results from sending the CB along that line results in a cut to the left or right doesn't matter.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have no clue on Felts. Ran outta gas....Was up 5-1 to make to final 16 winners and getting up at 4:30 and driving in the fog 2.5 hrs to play at 10 am which didn't happen till noon, fatigue got me late in the day. Got my $ back was all, but played good. And you? Did you play?
No I did not play.
I don't play in tournaments anymore for the reasons you stated,I'm 75 and don't have the stamina anymore.
The last tournament I played in it took 11 hours to come in 3rd and it just wasn't worth it,it's no fun anymore trying to play exhausted.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

I don't know why anyone would want to pivot to start off with.

Island Drive

Silver Member
336 but for some that have done this, and habitually do it, this will help immensely. When I came into my own and started playing better and better, NO one would Ever tell you something to improve your game. Their main concern was to get in your pocket more times, not help you improve. This generation has allot of good instructional stuff to help you BEGIN with proper mechanics. I was just one of those guys that never gave up and kept improving.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Silver Member
I wish the video productions of pros would show their footwork MORE if at all.
Look closely at some of the pros as they get into their final stance.
Often you'll see Very subtle, left right left, or right left, or left right left, or right left right movement as they ''set'' into their final stance.... to square up on the shot.