My 2 cents on aiming systems

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does he bend over and line up the contact point to the pocket?
This has been explained to you over and over. First it never hurts to look at the contact point or in some case just the line of the ball to the pocket. From my personal experience I can pick up the exact way to sweep by taking the contact point into consideration. Secondly I would say it’s just a comfort thing, something he’s Donne in the past, part of his routine. It has absolutely no bearing on whether he uses CTE or not.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...because if he did you'd be crowing about it. You even take cryptic information from the Pinoy's and trumpet them as Stan Shuffett students.
So that’s how you know if a player uses CTE or not lmao. It goes by what I Say ABOUT A PARTICULAR PLAYER. Sure must be a full moon out.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where in the video series and the book does it mention using the contact point as reference?
Two instructors here said CTE does not involve contact points m
It doesn’t include contact points. Doesn’t mean you can’t reference them if you like.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This has been explained to you over and over. First it never hurts to look at the contact point or in some case just the line of the ball to the pocket. From my personal experience I can pick up the exact way to sweep by taking the contact point into consideration. Secondly I would say it’s just a comfort thing, something he’s Donne in the past, part of his routine. It has absolutely no bearing on whether he uses CTE or not.
Cte does not involve contact points.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where in the video series and the book does it mention using the contact point as reference?
Two instructors here said CTE does not involve contact points m
it doesn't but we all know that in order to make the shot the eventual solution is to hit the contact point.

You implies he was focusing on or aiming at the contact point, there is no way you can tell that.

Just because you hit the contact point doesn't mean it was ever used to make the shot.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pocket is supposed to be irrelevant after the initial split second it takes to determine which perception to use. The "balls present themselves differently" depending on where they are as the CTE saying goes. If Tyler is sighting down the shot line then he is not relying only on CTE to pocket a ball.
you're over my head there bubba, I never aim down the sight line.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You posted a video in a thread last year claiming a little kid was using contact points when he clearly wasn’t. Do you even know what contact point aiming is?
They look at the contact point and they hit it without science.
Their mind's eye and from HAMB they learned to hit it.
No gimmick sweeps or pivots.
Pinoys call it PATAMA. Simple term for right hit.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They look at the contact point and they hit it without science.
Their mind's eye and from HAMB they learned to hit it.
No gimmick sweeps or pivots.
Pinoys call it PATAMA. Simple term for right hit.
Ok but that little kid still was not using contact points
Sweeps or pivots aren’t gimmicks. The Pinoys use them whether you want to admit it or not.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Ok but that little kid still was not using contact points
Sweeps or pivots aren’t gimmicks. The Pinoys use them whether you want to admit it or not.
You mean you'd like to think they do. Lol
The kid has no idea the contact points are equal opposites .

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
The pocket is supposed to be irrelevant after the initial split second it takes to determine which perception to use. The "balls present themselves differently" depending on where they are as the CTE saying goes. If Tyler is sighting down the shot line then he is not relying only on CTE to pocket a ball.
The curtain shots proved that, didn't they?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
And another sweep, deleting the personal insults thrown around this thread.

We will also miss cookie and spider until they decide they can post in this subforum without the personal insults.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What bothers me the most is that so many of his responses are a couple paragraphs with actual helpful information and then a paragraph insulting the person he is sending it to. Without those last paragraphs, he would still be here.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're over my head there bubba, I never aim down the sight line.
The point is there doesn't seem to be any reason to do what Tyler does if you read Stan's book on CTE. I don' t have the book so maybe it is mentioned in passing somewhere on page 945 in the third paragraph, but it is not a part of the steps taught to perform CTE. In other words, if he is doing that then he seems to be relying on something else other than just CTE to pocket the ball.

I have a feeling that if he were interviewed and asked specific questions about CTE he would start out the way virtually all of them do -- "Well, the way I use CTE is like this ..."

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And another sweep, deleting the personal insults thrown around this thread.

We will also miss cookie and spider until they decide they can post in this subforum without the personal insults.
So now you can ban people from subforums without banning them from the entire site? That's a nice feature.

I try very hard not to return fire when I am insulted for a lot of reasons, but sometimes one slips by.

Oh, and we should calibrate our secret communication algorithms at the next family BBQ. Cookie's head must be exploding at your appalling show of favoritism.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What bothers me the most is that so many of his responses are a couple paragraphs with actual helpful information and then a paragraph insulting the person he is sending it to. Without those last paragraphs, he would still be here.
I did call him a caveman because his posting style has no subtlety to it either in understanding subtle points or in the words he uses to disagree with others. It is a kind of insult with a purpose, not like calling someone an a**hole. Anyway, sorry about that and delete if you feel necessary. I think Spider makes good points when he is not talking about CTE.