Stolen cue

Sayunflo2009

Registered
Wasn’t sure where to thread this. It has been a while since I have posted anything. So long story short. I let a friend use my cue in conjunction that he would buy it. The man had a heartache. Before I could get my cue back it was far from impossible because his family didn’t know me. I show them pics and text messages of the situation and still no cigar. I was told one of friends took it where he lives somewhere in Austin texas. The cue was originally in anchorage and wasilla area. If you guys see it let me know. Here are some pics. I already have a lawyer lined up just need to find the cue if possible. At the end of the day my fault but who would have known. Thank you guys.

Attachments

• EE838E43-09E7-466D-B662-8A6BD51009C6.jpeg
    EE838E43-09E7-466D-B662-8A6BD51009C6.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 9188A25B-5C61-4F13-B368-57A1D682BD45.jpeg
    9188A25B-5C61-4F13-B368-57A1D682BD45.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 342
  • EA285955-8093-4541-9471-4ADA4339BEC1.jpeg
    EA285955-8093-4541-9471-4ADA4339BEC1.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 2F11E99A-D301-4BC0-B19C-7AAD07AE6331.jpeg
    2F11E99A-D301-4BC0-B19C-7AAD07AE6331.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 367

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I let a guy try one out once. He wouldn't pay me and would not send the cue back. I contacted his local police and told them the story. They went to his house and made him send the cue back. Forget the lawyers, they will cost you more than the cue is worth. Try to track the guy down. Good luck fella, I feel for you.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn’t sure where to thread this. It has been a while since I have posted anything. So long story short. I let a friend use my cue in conjunction that he would buy it. The man had a heartache. Before I could get my cue back it was far from impossible because his family didn’t know me. I show them pics and text messages of the situation and still no cigar. I was told one of friends took it where he lives somewhere in Austin texas. The cue was originally in anchorage and wasilla area. If you guys see it let me know. Here are some pics. I already have a lawyer lined up just need to find the cue if possible. At the end of the day my fault but who would have known. Thank you guys.
Do you mean 'heart attack'?? What kind is it? Don't recognize the logo.

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pictures are from cornerstone... Why would showing pictures ripped from the internet be enough to make someone hand-over a cue?

Call the local police; make sure you have your bill of sale from Grassley. ;)

Honestly, this story, so far, stinks like sh*t, and it seems more likely that scamming methods have hit an all-time-low.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I let a guy try one out once. He wouldn't pay me and would not send the cue back. I contacted his local police and told them the story. They went to his house and made him send the cue back. Forget the lawyers, they will cost you more than the cue is worth. Try to track the guy down. Good luck fella, I feel for you.

Cops did this in small town?

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long ago are we talking about?

I don’t know that I would consider this cue “stolen”. the family is simply trying to deal with a difficult situation and part of that is settling the estate.

It sounds to me as if your recourse would be to simply enter a claim against the estate for the return of your property.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) The cue was not stolen if you gave it to a friend
2) If you did not have an agreement in writing, what are we talking about?
3) Blurry pictures with no cue description makes me think alcohol is involved
4) This may be a case for Matlock.?

Good luck

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
George Preppard who found valuable stuff. Think he would not chase a Pool Cue.

Remember Preppard as Col. Smith in original A-Team, with Mr. T.

Last edited:

Zerksies

Unfortunately this is probably one of these situations I don't think you will possibly come out as a winner. You pretty much need to prove that you lent it to this person with the intentions of selling it. Unless you have some paperwork or maybe copies of text messages between you too. It's he said she said crap. Damn freaking sucks for you.

If i was the opposing party, I would come back with how do i not know they didn't pay you? Or So and So had this for years. If i was them this is the stuff that i would be saying.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the same camp as David. Claim against the estate would be the best way to go. If it's been a while since he died, and the estate is already settled, it might be one of those, snooze you lose, deals. Nice looking cue though.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately this is probably one of these situations I don't think you will possibly come out as a winner. You pretty much need to prove that you lent it to this person with the intentions of selling it. Unless you have some paperwork or maybe copies of text messages between you too. It's he said she said crap. Damn freaking sucks for you.

If i was the opposing party, I would come back with how do i not know they didn't pay you? Or So and So had this for years. If i was them this is the stuff that i would be saying.
There it is right there.