Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Danny you have really outdone John and Jayson with your exceptional written introduction into 14.1. I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters.

I hope its ok to share a sample of the first page on the chapter for Breakshots.

Its wonderfully written and inspirational. Keep up the good work 14.1 World Champ.
View attachment 672756
Let me get this straight...because I've never heard this theory...on the break you want to make a bal AND put the cue ball in a good spot.????

Mind blown.

Sent using Tapatalk

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Let me get this straight...because I've never heard this theory...on the break you want to make a bal AND put the cue ball in a good spot.????

Mind blown.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reaction. Contact Dan Harriman he is the author. For me his written work provides more guidance than watching some other pro just pocket shots. With Harriman's book I have improved so much at 14.1.

Show it to some people that have never played pool or are new to 14.1 and see what happens.

Good billiards writing is a little scientific, a little experimental and a lot on the intellectual side. Dan Harriman has it all in the release of his pool high run how to book. I can't wait for more.

I wish I could answer your questions, but I am not a pool theorist like the World Champion and now author Dan Harriman.

justnum

Silver Member
How does dan feel about being a pawn in your fake news?
If pool players were promoted properly, they wouldn't need the news on latest player stats.

Having a professional group full of authors will make pool athletes standout as more intellectual when compared to other athletes.

The pool world could use more children's illustration books. Dan are you up for it? Do you have any pool friends that are interested.

Teaching people that their own lives serve an interesting narrative is a common practice for people living in exile.

From the pool community there are so many interesting characters, that would fit perfectly into an illustrative storybook for children.

I think the working project name is "Pool Players That Changed the World." Dan Harriman is on that list.

The BCA think they can have all the fun with a Hall of Fame list based on wins. There will be a new list and it will have social and cultural context implied into the narrative of the pool players and their humble upbringings. America is full of honky tonk small minded towns, where people from extreme ignorance become global ambassadors. It didn't take winning or fancy records, find out what it takes and what they did.

Post if your interested in nominating a player/billiard organizer/billiard industry member that has more reputation/character than wins for the storybook.

justnum

Silver Member
I suspect he's happy to have doubled his number of supporters.

You telling me you can't name a few people that had reputations or stories worth telling, even if they were not world champs.
Most people don't brag about the success they have had.

Whether its working a pool room or staying in a pool a room. When a person enters a poolroom they can expect a room full of world champs or a room full of local champs. Writing about the mystique of the billiard room crowd is under-written.

The great billiard closings and the conversion from a US based sport to global machine. It is a history that could be worth writing about, illustrating and having regular social media trends. Every pool room has characters. The time to write about them is beginning. Its time to write a new future for how it can live in other nations and other generations.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You telling me you can't name a few people that had reputations or stories worth telling, even if they were not world champs.
Most people don't brag about the success they have had.

Whether its working a pool room or staying in a pool a room. When a person enters a poolroom they can expect a room full of world champs or a room full of local champs. Writing about the mystique of the billiard room crowd is under-written.

The great billiard closings and the conversion from a US based sport to global machine. It is a history that could be worth writing about, illustrating and having regular social media trends. Every pool room has characters. The time to write about them is beginning. Its time to write a new future for how it can live in other nations and other generations.
That has zero to do with the post you quoted. You are consistent, I'll give you that.
I assume the final chapter will be a cautionary tale of dying as an obsessed and bitter shell of a man.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
If pool players were promoted properly, they wouldn't need the news on latest player stats.

Having a professional group full of authors will make pool athletes standout as more intellectual when compared to other athletes.

The pool world could use more children's illustration books. Dan are you up for it? Do you have any pool friends that are interested.

Teaching people that their own lives serve an interesting narrative is a common practice for people living in exile.

From the pool community there are so many interesting characters, that would fit perfectly into an illustrative storybook for children.

I think the working project name is "Pool Players That Changed the World." Dan Harriman is on that list.

The BCA think they can have all the fun with a Hall of Fame list based on wins. There will be a new list and it will have social and cultural context implied into the narrative of the pool players and their humble upbringings. America is full of honky tonk small minded towns, where people from extreme ignorance become global ambassadors. It didn't take winning or fancy records, find out what it takes and what they did.

Post if your interested in nominating a player/billiard organizer/billiard industry member that has more reputation/character than wins for the storybook.
This might be the greatest troll-job I have ever read on these forums.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Charles D. Harriman, children's author.

Good.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Are you two actually working together outside the forum? Is Dan actually on board with this or is it just more of your forum delusion ?

Sent using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Harriman has catchphrases like:
What type of table was the record set on?

Did you measure the specs of the table before the run?

Is a lie the truth if only a few people write about it?
And of course the always intriguing:
What is for lunch?

ACL

That is incorrect - Jay Helfert saw the table Mosconi ran the official 526 on there in Ohio and he has commented on this thread, so yer information is false (no asterisks for Willie's Record - as it was never contested). The evidence that shaw's 669*/714* run is flawed is - the pocket facing rubber was not of the same profile or elasticity as the the rubber they used for the rails. I think the run was filmed in real time but tjhe tables puckets' had been doctored' to an altered state of integrity - to say the least. This is not entirely legends of billiards productions fault, the bca would not give them any official set standard from what I understand. Thank you at least for saying Mosconi's Official World Record should not be questioned, many cancel culture posters on this forum - tried to denigrate Mosconi's 526 saying it were not real as it was not filmed. I think they were mostly facebook followers who wanted to push a false narrative.
Admittedly I did not see Jay's post on this thread. As you stated, I have never doubted Mosconi's run, nor will I ever. I was merely using that as an example to refute his statement.

As far as if the table was doctored for Shaw's run, I believe it is conjecture as well but that's just my opinion. As you said, the BCA doesn't have standardized requirements for the table so, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter what the specs are as long as the run is documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.