Moderation Change and Rules Clarification

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One quick clarification when it comes to posts. This is mostly for the NPR area, but I will go ahead and post it here.

Insults and name calling amongst members will get you banned. Insults and name calling towards public figures kind of comes with the territory of being a public figure. Let's keep it clean though. Vulgar name calling will get you banned.

Mike
Does that mean that calling The Honorable Lauren Boebert "trailer trash" is OK? Particularly when the name caller appears to have been using that incendiary language to taunt one of his detractors and incite an argument. We all want to improve the quality of life here at AZB because we all want you to succeed, but to ignore inconsistencies by your employees has a negative impact on everyone else here and truthfully, it destroys the morale of those of us who support you and have supported you for years.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It means that it is a rule moving forward. I am not going to ban people for these posts in the past, but they will be removed when brought to my/our attention.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It means that it is a rule moving forward. I am not going to ban people for these posts in the past, but they will be removed when brought to my/our attention.
We are glad to hear that, Mike. Seems that some of your employees are fine with calling public officials nut jobs and trailer trash, which I recommend stopping.

I also recommend that people stop using the term MAGA in a derogatory sense, as by now, we've heard enough of it.

All the best,
WW

TexasShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does that mean that calling The Honorable Lauren Boebert "trailer trash" is OK? Particularly when the name caller appears to have been using that incendiary language to taunt one of his detractors and incite an argument. We all want to improve the quality of life here at AZB because we all want you to succeed, but to ignore inconsistencies by your employees has a negative impact on everyone else here and truthfully, it destroys the morale of those of us who support you and have supported you for years.
Yes, she is a public figure.

TexasShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are glad to hear that, Mike. Seems that some of your employees are fine with calling public officials nut jobs and trailer trash, which I recommend stopping.

I also recommend that people stop using the term MAGA in a derogatory sense, as by now, we've heard enough of it.

All the best,
WW
Those are public figures, so it is fine.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Nut job is clean. Trailer trash is borderline. I will give the same definition that I did when we were discussing it. "Senile Joe" is clean. "Joe and the Hoe" is not.

And no, please do not take these definitions and push them to see what the limits are.