Live (Barely) from the Derby

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor has been doing a great job doing a stream of his matches. Banks now (1:30pm) against Billy Thorpe. You can set notifications on your phone for YouTube to keep up without refreshing the Derby match website. https://youtu.be/u91XyFXTRf8
Your link wouldn't work, but I found the match on YouTube. First thing I see is Thorpe wearing crappy jeans with holes in the ass and knees. Jesus man, show a little pride. He looks like a bar banger in a dive bar. Christ, he might as well complete the ensemble and wear flip flops.

At least wear newer jeans. Better yet, Dockers. He is a pro. He should dress the part.

Last edited:

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anywhere there is a gaming commission, a lid will kept on the gambling. Someone tell me how much "action" is going on. How many stacks on the lights every night? Any crap games in hallways or the back of action room? 3-Card Monte games? Part of the beauty of EW, and what was sought to be brought forward from Johnson City, was full tilt. out of control, boiler bursting, downhill train wreck, GAMBLING -- something that organized gaming cannot and will not tolerate. DCC at EW after midnight was always rocking, it was life on the edge, maybe not Johnson City, but closer than what DCC is now. It is like comparing the Macy Parade to Mardi Gras.
***It is like comparing the Macy Parade to Mardi Gras.*** You nailed it, Amigo.

1674502785462.png

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are some of the greatest descriptions lately on AZ. Of something I've never experienced (the EW) too. Thanks for sharing, and keep um coming.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it’s worth…once you get here and are hunkered down, you can just download Instacart or Kroger and get an entire cart delivered for $10 and whatever tip you want.

This isn’t the 1980s with only Pizza and Takeout available for delivery.

I promise I’ll stop talking about food eventually. Bigfoot coming up soon. SVB and Gomez in 30 minutes.
View attachment 683439
Awesome. I buy all my groceries even at home this way. Some from Walmart, some from Amazon and some from the big Texas based grocer here. Once you do it awhile it always works out- sometimes substitutions are made to get what you need but that works out ok too.- You can add a range of substitutions per item you like also- they all will text and ask if the subs they need to make are ok too. Must subs are simple like a bigger size of an item or two smaller ones to get your needs met.

Walmart+= free + tip on carts over $35.00
Amazon Prime= free + tip on carts over $35.00
Local Grocer = $5.00 + tip.

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are some of the greatest descriptions of late on AZ. Of something I've never experienced (the EW) too. Thanks for sharing, and keep um coming.
Biloxi Boy really hit the nail on the head with his description in an earlier post. All of those examples absolutely happened at The EW. And that was just the stuff that was completely and unabashedly out in the open. The thing is, there was so much action it was hard to keep track of it all. No joke, there was conservatively 10's of thousands in action EVERY NIGHT of every type of game and every format. How about an appetizer of short rack banks for $500/game? We'll move on to one game of bar table 8 ball for $5k. Why not? 15 ahead 10 ball for $25k? Absolutely. Both hands giving 9-7 to a player playing one hand one pocket for $1000/game. Flip it. Arm wrestling for who knows how much? Chess? Backgammon? Gin? I'm sure that I'm missing a lot. But, stuff like this was going on every single night. It was glorious. And it's not like there wasn't security. There was. And they did they're job while staying out of everyone else's business unless things got heated.

As far as the new venue goes, it's still good. And, like I said before, if you've never been to a major tournament it'll blow your mind.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
View attachment 683289
Went with JRB

Was good food. Better than what ever it was branded as last time I was here.

Tipped $80 service was 10/10

Biloxi Boy really hit the nail on the head with his description in an earlier post. All of those examples absolutely happened at The EW. And that was just the stuff that was completely and unabashedly out in the open. The thing is, there was so much action it was hard to keep track of it all. No joke, there was conservatively 10's of thousands in action EVERY NIGHT of every type of game and every format. How about an appetizer of short rack banks for $500/game? We'll move on to one game of bar table 8 ball for $5k. Why not? 15 ahead 10 ball for $25k? Absolutely. Both hands giving 9-7 to a player playing one hand one pocket for $1000/game. Flip it. Arm wrestling for who knows how much? Chess? Backgammon? Gin? I'm sure that I'm missing a lot. But, stuff like this was going on every single night. It was glorious. And it's not like there wasn't security. There was. And they did they're job while staying out of everyone else's business unless things got heated.

As far as the new venue goes, it's still good. And, like I said before, if you've never been to a major tournament it'll blow your mind.
And there were numerous robberies, trailers and cars broken into, and rooms stolen from.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
No need to go miles away when you can get an induction cooktop like this

For $75, I got one of these and I can make grilled cheeses, soups, pasta, and stir fry. The only limiting thing is the size of the refrigerator. Being able to make something hot for dinner and relax is so much nicer than I originally planned for. I view it that if I’m here for a week, I’m going to actually live. Not just survive on meager portions. 🙃

View attachment 683425
The single can of Chef Boyardee will power you up to break and run 3 additional racks of nine ball alone!

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I posted this a couple of years ago, but it is worth repeating:

It was my first night in Louisville, and there was very mixed crowd in the action room (bar) and there was a much wolfing etc., and the three card monte dealer was giving it everything he had -- very deftly. From frat boy types to inner of inner city boyz, everyone was checking the others out. Eventually, someone says,
"I'll bet anything on a coin flip"
and all hell broke loose from all sides. A pair of young hustlers was pushing the bet hard. Finally, an older, lanky dude, seemingly from out west, says,
"Okay, I'm in for a $1,000.00."
One of the young guns says,
"Okay, but I get to call it in the air, and the flip lands on the floor."
The crowd parted, money posted, coin goes up, the call comes,
"Heads on the floor"
and the coin is down: tails up. The lanky guy attempts to collect, but the young guy stops him, saying,
"I won, I won -- heads is on the floor".
Eventually, the two young cats get paid, the crowd quiets some, more propositions exchanged, but a pall has been cast on the evening. Then, the lanky guy says slowly, very evenly,
"That was a stone cold hustle, and I want my money back"
and all hell breaks loose again
"I said heads on the floor, heads was on the floor . . ."
Then I hear something to the effect of, again slowly, very evenly,
"I don't know if you fellows mean to stay all week, but if you don't give me my money back, you best clear out now, because I am going to be here all week".
The young dude, somewhat chagrined, owns up and gives the money back. Now, all hell really breaks loose -- the quiet one of the pair is in his partner's face,
"You #$%&@(&, what are doing? We have waited years to make that . . ."
I never saw the two again after that night, but the tall cat was there for the rest of the week.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 ca
At any venue involving a gaming commission a very tight lid will kept on gambling. Someone tell me how much "action" is going on now. How many stacks are on the lights every night? Any crap games in hallways or the back of action room? 3-Card Monte games? Are the Chicago Boys, with all of their bundles of hundreds, there? Part of the beauty of EW, and what was sought to be brought forward from Johnson City, was full tilt. out of control, boiler bursting, downhill train wreck, GAMBLING -- something that organized gaming cannot and will not tolerate. DCC at EW after midnight was always rocking, it was life on the edge, maybe not quite Johnson City, but closer than what DCC is now. It is like comparing the Macy Parade to Mardi Gras.
3 card Monte is in my pocket. Haven’t shook the red card yet. Gonna be lots of backgammon action. There’s players and boards here. No keno boards lol. Pool action, been a fair amount. $50K set biggest I’ve see

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yo FatB… first thing on menu. Been cursed.

Attachments

• 784BCE0D-EABA-4153-AF92-DEBE66FD3E06.jpeg
    784BCE0D-EABA-4153-AF92-DEBE66FD3E06.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 102

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brussels Sprouts

Wife gets a craving for them a couple times a year. Roasts a pan of them mixed with bacon. Eats them like candy and they don’t seem to bother her at all.

I can eat two and generate enough gas to heat a mid-sized Northeastern city for the Winter…

Last edited: