2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Morra

2 seconds to get down on the shot
28 seconds to shoot
And that's the reason he had to switch to left handed. That's only going to work for a few more years and then the pain is going to return. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if I stayed down on the ball as long as he does.

I watched one of those doctor shows so I'm qualified here.

kitsap

Registered
I might just be crabby this week, but the play seems a lot slower here than in any recent Matchroom events. If I ran things, every game would be on a timer.
One option to consider would be to put the complete set on a time limit. When the timer goes off, finish the game being played and whom ever is ahead is the winner. If tied, one more game for a decider.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why couldn't they cut over to table 5 with He and Little Ko tied at 9-9?

EDIT: He won 11-9 and will face Morra tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would love to see traditional colors on the balls comma it took me a while to figure out what color was what number. Pink, wth?
Normally the balls remaining on the table are displayed at the bottom of the screen with the colors. Matchroom has been doing this since at least the 2000 World Championship they ran in Cardiff. That was the first time I saw the pink 4 ball.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biggest problem with shot clocks is loss of drama. That's why a 15 second clock would be too fast. I don't mind 30 seconds, but allow extensions, and maybe even a couple timeouts per match that aren't timed. I know that sounds crazy, but there are times it adds to the excitement to see a player too.nervous to shoot.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's the reason he had to switch to left handed. That's only going to work for a few more years and then the pain is going to return. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if I stayed down on the ball as long as he does.

I watched one of those doctor shows so I'm qualified here.
I thought he switched to left handed due to the extreme nature of his right handed stance due to being left eye dominant.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought he switched to left handed due to the extreme nature of his right handed stance due to being left eye dominant.
That's what he says, but my super-well-trained and highly sought-after medical opinion is that it wouldn't have been such a problem if he didn't stay down on the ball longer than anyone else in pool.