FSR Foul- Wassupwidat?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Slight typo Bob.

Hitting ball in a pocket is a foul bc CB is considered pocketed.
It is not a foul for an object ball to hit the back of the pocket (without hitting a ball) and return to the table.
What you say is true but I was only talking about balls hitting balls already in the pocket.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rules of snooker don't have any explicit instruction about a rail-riding ball touching wood or cloth -- the table seems to be all fair territory. A ball that comes to rest on the rail is considered to have been forced off the table.
One league night, on 8' tables (I believe, but can't say for sure, that they were Connelly's, as this was about 15 years ago), a person hit a shot that sent the cue ball bouncing up onto the cushion where it rolled along, slowing down, slowing down...before stopping perfectly balanced on the top of the cushion, a hair's breadth from the wood rail. The official call was foul for ball off the table, but there was pretty strong support amongst the bar denizens to give the shooter of the shot ball in hand for pure one-in-a-million awesomeness.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One league night, on 8' tables (I believe, but can't say for sure, that they were Connelly's, as this was about 15 years ago), a person hit a shot that sent the cue ball bouncing up onto the cushion where it rolled along, slowing down, slowing down...before stopping perfectly balanced on the top of the cushion, a hair's breadth from the wood rail. The official call was foul for ball off the table, but there was pretty strong support amongst the bar denizens to give the shooter of the shot ball in hand for pure one-in-a-million awesomeness.
Hard to disagree with the awesome crowd.

In that scenario races and interesting point, if the top of the rail can be considered a valid playing surface...then it is a valid playing surface.
Shoot from there m**********er.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... In that scenario races and interesting point, if the top of the rail can be considered a valid playing surface...then it is a valid playing surface.
Shoot from there m**********er.
I have seen people with ball in hand place the cue ball up on the rail. Usually as a joke.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I couldn't remember, it happened to me once and just figured since I haven't played on a lot of diamond boxes it had to be a valley lol

I can't swear it was a Valley, almost all barboxes were in the days before Diamond. I was at the corner bar and saw somebody slam a ball in a side pocket, popped out the other side and stayed on the playing surface. I made a note, fun to stir the poop with!

The very next day I'm playing one of the local crowd, just the cheap three or five a game action we played nightly. I had a shot in the corner that was a natural scratch in the side. The object ball was about six inches from the side so I could have avoided the scratch multiple ways. Instead I slammed the shot at break speed! As hoped the cue ball scratched and then came out the other side and plopped on the playing surface very close to where the ball had the day before.

The other player wanted to argue but I pointed out that this bar had a play them as they laid rule and the cue ball had clearly finished on the playing surface. Only hitting a light was a foul.

Hu

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happened one in league one night many years ago. A guy hit a ball really hard that pocketed and the cue ball jumped up on top of a side cushion. It was spinning very hard on the cushion and just stayed there. We weren't a BIH league at the time. It was such an odd occurrence we just let the player shoot from there for the fun of it.

There was a Valley table we used in a tournament. If you hit a ball into one of the side pockets very hard using a draw shot it would invariably disappear down the pocket and then zip back up the backing and come out on the table. It wouldn't be so annoying if it didn't completely disappear in the pocket!!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happened one in league one night many years ago. A guy hit a ball really hard that pocketed and the cue ball jumped up on top of a side cushion. It was spinning very hard on the cushion and just stayed there. We weren't a BIH league at the time. It was such an odd occurrence we just let the player shoot from there for the fun of it.

There was a Valley table we used in a tournament. If you hit a ball into one of the side pockets very hard using a draw shot it would invariably disappear down the pocket and then zip back up the backing and come out on the table. It wouldn't be so annoying if it didn't completely disappear in the pocket!!

One of these days I am going to do a league based on points.
Not just for making a ball mind you, but style points. If you scratch but in a cool way, you get points. If you make a tough shot but scratch, points. Tough kick but you still came very close, points. Cueball lands on the rail and stops there, definitely points LOL

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of these days I am going to do a league based on points.
Not just for making a ball mind you, but style points. If you scratch but in a cool way, you get points. If you make a tough shot but scratch, points. Tough kick but you still came very close, points. Cueball lands on the rail and stops there, definitely points LOL
I'm in.

Currently interviewing backers, if anyone's wanting to apply?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't swear it was a Valley, almost all barboxes were in the days before Diamond. I was at the corner bar and saw somebody slam a ball in a side pocket, popped out the other side and stayed on the playing surface. I made a note, fun to stir the poop with!

The very next day I'm playing one of the local crowd, just the cheap three or five a game action we played nightly. I had a shot in the corner that was a natural scratch in the side. The object ball was about six inches from the side so I could have avoided the scratch multiple ways. Instead I slammed the shot at break speed! As hoped the cue ball scratched and then came out the other side and plopped on the playing surface very close to where the ball had the day before.

The other player wanted to argue but I pointed out that this bar had a play them as they laid rule and the cue ball had clearly finished on the playing surface. Only hitting a light was a foul.

Hu
Did you walk around to the scratch side pocket and touch your cue on the pocket, then walk to the other side pocket and touch the tip of your cue to the felt in front of the pocket and examine the balls from that perspective for a moment?