pool-hall-massacre

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
How very sad!!!
Yes it is. We live in a very sick world when anyone would take the life of others over a pool game let alone that of a 12 year old girl. I suspect there is more to it than that, but they were looking for trouble anyway. Pool was just the medium they were using to try and rob someone. When that didn't work, they decided to use guns. These were thugs and now they are killers. When will this insanity stop? In my opinion, the world is about to explode...literally. So much hate everywhere, including our governments and so called leaders.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is. We live in a very sick world when anyone would take the life of others over a pool game let alone that of a 12 year old girl. I suspect there is more to it than that, but they were looking for trouble anyway. Pool was just the medium they were using to try and rob someone. When that didn't work, they decided to use guns. These were thugs and now they are killers. When will this insanity stop? In my opinion, the world is about to explode...literally. So much hate everywhere, including our governments and so called leaders.
The farther we as a society remove ourselves from God, the further we plunge into darkness.

There is just no respect any more. There is no more "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Now it just Do Unto Others.

jason

Silver Member
The farther we as a society remove ourselves from God, the further we plunge into darkness.

There is just no respect any more. There is no more "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Now it just Do Unto Others.

I can't agree more. We as a global society have lost our way and especially the US. I find it more and more important to try to lead by example. To follow the laws of God is the best example I know of. We have a lot of evil and it seems growing day by day. God bless all and be kind.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
like there wasnt much in the way of killings long ago when everyone believed in god. what a joke.

the internet has made media more prolific and so all the things that happened in the past are now put right in front of us.
nothing has changed.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

God dropped the ball on this one.

Cuedup

No kidding. And crime is about half of what it used to be (in the US) compared to 50 years ago, and probably 1% of what it was centuries ago. 🤷‍♂️
Kind of a messy subject ,isnt it? Go back not too far and crimes like child abuse,spousal rape, domestic abuse ,child porm and a host of other crimes were not even crimes.

Go back little further ,if you owned them you could kill them. They're just property.

Back when God was in the schools and people respected each other.

jason

Silver Member
Believe or don't believe. There were no school shootings when I grew up. I even got permission to take a double barrel shotgun into English class for an English assignment. I did a demonstration on cleaning a shotgun. Try that today!
When I grew up we had the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts. We were taught sex education and the birds and the bees. We were taught manners to say "Please" and "Thank You". We were taught to respect our elders. We were taught not to hit the weaker sex. We were taught gun safety. We were taught that life owes you nothing. We were taught to appreciate what we had. I could go on and on and that was not that long ago.

It seems that none of the above is the norm now. Almost everyday or at least every month or two, we see another mass shooting of some kind. Most can't identify what a man and a woman is including government officials. We have men competing in sports like MMA or boxing against biological women. We see more and more crime against the elderly. We see mob mentality and the eroding of individual rights. This is pure insanity. Mark my words, we will all pay for this soon.

There has never been a perfect society and never will be, but today we are a product of our own success. We all have too much idle time and material wealth. We don't have to hunt or gather for our food each day. We don't have to protect our live stock from predators. Life is the easiest it has ever been in history in this aspect, but it appears that we are the more sad and sick than ever before.

Whether you believe in God or not, believing in nothing will destroy your soul and your humanity. Everyone needs to believe in something bigger than themselves.

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I grew up we had the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts. We were taught sex education and the birds and the bees. We were taught manners to say "Please" and "Thank You". We were taught to respect our elders. We were taught not to hit the weaker sex. We were taught gun safety. We were taught that life owes you nothing. We were taught to appreciate what we had. I could go on and on and that was not that long ago.

It seems that none of the above is the norm now. Almost everyday or at least every month or two, we see another mass shooting of some kind. Most can't identify what a man and a woman is including government officials. We have men competing in sports like MMA or boxing against biological women. We see more and more crime against the elderly. We see mob mentality and the eroding of individual rights. This is pure insanity. Mark my words, we will all pay for this soon.

There has never been a perfect society and never will be, but today we are a product of our own success. We all have too much idol time and material wealth. We don't have to hunt or gather for our food each day. We don't have to protect our live stock from predators. Life is the easiest it has ever been in history in this aspect, but it appears that we are the more sad and sick than ever before.

Whether you believe in God or not, believing in nothing will destroy your soul and your humanity. Everyone needs to believe in something bigger than themselves.
No offense to you personally but back in the day the Boy Scout group was molesting kids at a pace only rivaled by the church.

With that said I was a scout. Unmolested and did get some value for the experience.

Just not something I’d lean into these days.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, if during the 1,000 years when Christendom reigned over Europe, there were no wars, no conquests, no innocents being put to death on trivial charges, you might have a leg to stand on......
No:: do unto others before they do unto you.

jason

Silver Member
No offense to you personally but back in the day the Boy Scout group was molesting kids at a pace only rivaled by the church.

With that said I was a scout. Unmolested and did get some value for the experience.

Just not something I’d lean into these days.
One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. At its core, the Boy Scouts were only to exist to teach basic life and outdoor skills. Because a small number of individuals did bad things does not mean the whole group is to blame. I don't know to what extent it happened in the BS or the church, but it is never acceptable. Epstein island wasn't acceptable either. There is a lot of sex trafficking and abuse in Hollywood as well. All should be condemned. I would hope we can all agree on that.