Interesting shot from Efren

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is how pool should be played. People in the background. Luck all balls. Cheer when you shit in a ball, not wave your hand in apology. This is way more interesting than the Sharks matches, or the recent MR no audience matches.

Back to the shot at hand, do you guys really think he was playing the 10? That doesn't really make sense to me. But on the other hand, the speed and angle was off to get on the 5. I'm not sure what he was doing.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was at a tournament a couple weeks back. Bar in the front, two tables, one being used for money games, and another as the 5th table for the main tournament going on in the back hall where 4 other tables and a small bar were. It was a three person team event. Space was tight all around, and it was really crowded with spectators. Also there was fund raising raffles going on non stop. If you had to shoot from the outside of a table, spectators and other shooters had to move. Also those standing at the bar had to move at times.It was loud in there, and the shooters and spectators took it in stride. Everyone was having a great time, and never saw anyone complain. The way it should be.

tomatoshooter

Back to the shot at hand, do you guys really think he was playing the 10? That doesn't really make sense to me. But on the other hand, the speed and angle was off to get on the 5. I'm not sure what he was doing.
efren often does this "end the last rack spectacularly"-thing in exhib matches
That's exactly my thought. He would have been able to do something with the 5 if he missed and likely had a safe lead anyway, why not get one more for the highlight reels. If I have a safe lead, I'll try a silly shot and I'm not as good as Efren.

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's exactly my thought. He would have been able to do something with the 5 if he missed and likely had a safe lead anyway, why not get one more for the highlight reels. If I have a safe lead, I'll try a silly shot and I'm not as good as Efren.
Why does logical equate to silly?