For the Taom Chalk Users

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is hope. I used to be driller. After boring 10,000 holes, I adopted the swipe technique after a pool buddy showed me the way. If need be, you can join my Drillers Anonymous club and can then complete the 12 step process then no more shaving the edges of chalk required ever again. But one must first be willing to admit they have a problem.
Hi, My name is 3kushn and I have a problem.

I'm a driller.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Somehow this conversation brings the tuck tuck fold to mind. 🤷‍♂️
I prefer the touch touch gently swipe swipe any spot that my inspection has determined to be less than perfectly painted that lovely green color that I prefer over the pedestrian blue. Building a coat is amateur. How a player chalks is a tell. Of course a hustler knows how to put out false tells when laying the trap. 🤷‍♂️

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is hope. I used to be driller. After boring 10,000 holes, I adopted the swipe technique after a pool buddy showed me the way. If need be, you can join my Drillers Anonymous club and can then complete the 12 step process then no more shaving the edges of chalk required ever again. But one must first be willing to admit they have a problem.

No problem -- I just grab another piece of Taom ; -)

Lou Figueroa

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you rotate the cue, or stand it up and walk around it?

Joegolf

Registered
lol. Gave you a like for this post.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They need to offer a 'cube' option. Even tho they're supposed to last longer i do not like the feel of the round chalks at all. I still laugh when i think about the guy i saw drop a round chalk and it got kicked twice. He chased that damn thing like it was loose diamond. At these prices it almost is.
Pagulayan sells cube shaped Taom..

Reactions: bbb

Flakeandrun

They do offer a cube option. The Ding Junhui edition is made in Finland by Taom:

It's just unfortunate that it's not available through them directly.
you're right, the guy I bought my break cue from is a DJH chalk brand ambassador, sales guy or whatever. He gave me a piece. IT seems a little stout/short, but is just square Taom. (and now there is some branded as pagulayan chalk for the US market).

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you brush the Taom chalk on your cue tip but make sure to also rotate the chalk so that the outer chalk circumference, i.e., perimeter, is what you lightly brush on your tip results in a more even removal of chalk thus preserving the original contour and overall shape of the chalk. If you mainly use the center of the chalk to brush with when applying chalk rather than the surface of the oval circumference of the chalk, you are slowly creating a hole or what’s commonly called coring the chalk.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm at about six months with my first piece of green toam chalk. Never been a chalk hole driller, regardless of chalk brand.

I have buddies who are drilling holes into their toam chalk, but they never did that with other chalks. Not sure why they do it now, seeing how you can still brush/swipe the chalk over the tip, no center drilling needed.

All I know is I try my best to keep them away from my chalk! 😆

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
After so many years of playing I guess I just chalk the way I chalk : -)

Lou Figueroa
drill baby, drill
I've watched guys who normally have good chalking habits grind the crap out of a piece when they're down or getting left hooked all the time. Unconscious reaction to stress of match I guess.