Master Thread for forum issues

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just curious as to why the Ginky, Morris and Rousey sections were kept. No one post on them anymore. Could be used for something else maybe.
I didn't want to change anything with the structure of the subforums until everything looked like it came over properly. I do intend on collapsing those areas down to just one area. I also need to go over sticky threads to get rid of those aren't needed anymore.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It's great how you are jumping on this and taking care of things. I used to have a forum and I fully understand what a chore this can be. Thanks very much.
He is a great dungeon master. 0 day launch was so funny.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its all good sir. But I must admit AZB can be a place to avoid at times with regards to everything I mentioned. Not sure what can be done to stop it - perhaps 2-3 more Mods that can monitor things more closely?
Then you should probably avoid AZB entirely. With your posting history, it is completely understandable why many posters (like myself) continue to flag and point out the BS stuff you post, and the ridiculous questions you continue to ask.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Any chance of changing the light gray font on the white background? I find it very difficult to read but see it more and more on things like instructions for electronics like black is too expensive to use or something.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Any chance of changing the light gray font on the white background? I find it very difficult to read but see it more and more on things like instructions for electronics like black is too expensive to use or something.
Are you talking about things like a user's signature?

Mike

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Yes sir, time stamp, signature data, not sure if there are other areas as well.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hmm, I can look into making this text darker, but I don't want it to blend in with the main text's black.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Mike....I think there is something I need to know bout posting pics.
Here’s one that nine-corner posted in the funny pic thread
I came out cropped and with details at the bottom.

Sorry, i couldn’t get the ‘save image’ that I always use on my IPad
EDIT...got it, Mike...thanx to SSD

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Hmm, I can look into making this text darker, but I don't want it to blend in with the main text's black.
Thanks much, it appears in quite a few places. Main page logging in, hard to see who even started a new thread.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Mike....I think there is something I need to know bout posting pics.
Here’s one that nine-corner posted in the funny pic thread
I came out cropped and with details at the bottom.

Sorry, i couldn’t get the ‘save image’ that I always use on my IPad

If you insert it goes in complete, but as attachment it is like a thumbnail till you click it.

1604088195169.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-30 160234.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-30 160234.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 55

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then you should probably avoid AZB entirely. With your posting history, it is completely understandable why many posters (like myself) continue to flag and point out the BS stuff you post, and the ridiculous questions you continue to ask.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

BS Stuff? Ridiculous questions?

Show me one.

And like I said, this thread has now turned into an insult situation. AZHOUSEPRO - this is all over your Forum. It sure would be nice to put a stop to it.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Is there a way to hide old sticky threads? I know that kinda defeat the purpose of stickies, but the new layout requires a bit of scrolling before getting to new threads.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Is there a way to hide old sticky threads? I know that kinda defeat the purpose of stickies, but the new layout requires a bit of scrolling before getting to new threads.
You are right. That would defeat the purpose. I am considering the idea of creating one sticky post that links to all of the other sticky posts and then making all of those posts non-sticky. I worry that it won't give the proper attention to the stickies though.

I do plan on going through the stickies and removing the ones that aren't relevant anymore.

Mike

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
You are right. That would defeat the purpose. I am considering the idea of creating one sticky post that links to all of the other sticky posts and then making all of those posts non-sticky. I worry that it won't give the proper attention to the stickies though.

I do plan on going through the stickies and removing the ones that aren't relevant anymore.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A minor issue... I tried searching for a member by his last name. His login is "First Last", but the member search function seems to need the correct start, so he wasn't found. (Also, the search won't do autocomplete on his name but it works for my name.)

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I really like the shades of gray theme, shows forum titles and general content in blue, very nice on the eyes.