WHY DO THE HEATHEN CONTINUE TO RAGE....Part Two

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THE UNINFORMED AND BIGOTED HEATHEN RAGED FOR YEARS OVER MANY THINGS OTHER THAN HOW TO IMPROVE AT PLAYING A GAME.....(that's why they remain forgotten as bigots in history). NAYSAYERS ARE WITH US ALWAYS, BUT TRUE PIONEERS ONLY COME ALONG A FEW TIMES IN A GENERATION.

"Are you crazy? An airplane made out of metal can't fly...it's too heavy"

"Nobody will ever break the four minute mile...it's not possible and cannot happen"

"Those side-wheeling field goal kickers will never make it in the NFL, it's not possible to improve over Lou Groza"

"Being able to sit at your own home and watch movies on some kind of glass screen?? Impossible, it defies logic and science...won't ever happen"

"What do you mean that Blacks will be going to school with us? "Everybody" knows they're just savages".

"A steering wheel has always used just a rack and pinion and that will never change or be altered. Otherwise every car maker would be jumping on the bandwagon to do likewise. There will never be any such thing as "power steering"...it's scientifically impossible and people won't buy into it. Forget about it"

"Anyone who'd invest their money in some dumb stock named "United Parcel Service" is a fool and should lose every dime. Railway Express Agency has been around forever and will never be replaced. Trains are still the way of the future"

"And even dumber is some bozo who'd invest money in a silly company called "google".

"Pool cues will always be made out of wood. It's always been that way.....even Ralph Greenleaf knew that"

"Nobody will ever be able to draw a cueball 3 rails"

"There is no such thing as a half ball hit"

"Pro players will never use anything but a Balabushka….the Balabushka has been the standard forever. It's illogical to think anyone would change."

"Aiming systems and procedures don't work. It's all a bunch of bull butter, unless it's the way __________believes" (fill in the blank with any player's name)

Etc. Etc. Etc. ad nauseum.
Pool Room w. caption.jpg

Last edited:

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THE UNINFORMED AND BIGOTED HEATHEN RAGED FOR YEARS OVER MANY THINGS OTHER THAN HOW TO IMPROVE AT PLAYING A GAME.....(that's why they remain forgotten as bigots in history). NAYSAYERS ARE WITH US ALWAYS, BUT TRUE PIONEERS ONLY COME ALONG A FEW TIMES IN A GENERATION.

"Nobody will ever break the four minute mile...it's not possible and cannot happen"

"Those side-wheeling field goal kickers will never make it in the NFL, it's not possible to improve over Lou Groza"

"Being able to sit at your own home and watch movies on some kind of glass screen?? Impossible, it defies logic and science...won't ever happen"

"What do you mean that Blacks will be going to school with us? "Everybody" knows they're just savages".

"A steering wheel has always used just a rack and pinion and that will never change or be altered. Otherwise every car maker would be jumping on the bandwagon to do likewise. There will never be any such thing as "power steering"...it's scientifically impossible and people won't buy into it. Forget about it"

"Anyone who'd invest their money in some dumb stock named "United Parcel Service" is a fool and should lose every dime. Railway Express Agency has been around forever and will never be replaced. Trains are still the way of the future"

"And even dumber is some bozo who'd invest money in a silly company called "google".

"Pool cues will always be made out of wood. It's always been that way.....even Ralph Greenleaf knew that"

"Pro players will never use anything but a Balabushka….the Balabushka has been the standard forever. It's illogical to think anyone would change."

"Aiming systems and procedures don't work. It's all a bunch of bull butter, unless it's the way __________believes" (fill in the blank with any player's name)

View attachment 593633
All people on this earth were born here!

JC

Coos Cues
20 years ago, this aiming system will take over the sport .
Couldn't sum it up any more succinctly.

Now get your bee suit on, the cult hive has been informed via pheromones there is an attack on the queen.

Ol' Low seems to be the only one among them with a sense of humor but he love getting the cell active.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Couldn't sum it up any more succinctly.

Now get your bee suit on, the cult hive has been informed via pheromones there is an attack on the queen.

Ol' Low seems to be the only one among them with a sense of humor but he love getting the cell active.
And remember it was a secret the pros kept then .
Lassiter used it . Reyes and Parica learned it from an aiming guru in PA.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

View attachment 593633
👞:poop: Oh NO! o_O Look what the trolls did to my boots! 😂😂😂

Reactions: JC

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Provide a pic of a half ball hit.......been waiting for years for one.

Prove my statement wrong.......

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Do you believe a full ball hit is possible?

pj
chgo

Nope, place two balls touching each other, look straight down at them from overhead.

This 1/2 ball, full ball concept only exist in a person s head, and not the real world. It is a visualization technique only.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Nope, place two balls touching each other, look straight down at them from overhead.

This 1/2 ball, full ball concept only exist in a person s head, and not the real world. It is a visualization technique only.
Well since it works and it sounds a lot like CTE then if these bozo's would just represent CTE for what it actually is we could all go burn incense and throw the i ching together after dropping mescaline.

A full ball hit however is a mathematical certainty so if you don't believe in that maybe you beat the rest of us to the mescaline.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
And that's all the terms are ever used for: to describe how the shot is visualized. They're only used incorrectly in your head.

Well, at least you get a little attention...

pj
chgo

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

It's reality, not just a visualization. When the cb makes contact with the ob on a dead center hit it's a 100% collision, referring to physical mass and what the collision looks like. A halfball shot is a 50% collision, HALF of 100. We can imagine or visualize exactly how to do it and exactly what it looks like because when the cb strikes the ob it's a reality that we can see. Here is picture of a 1/2 ball, a 1/4 ball, and a 1/8 ball hit. With each of these shots only a fraction of the cb and ob masses are interacting with each other, or influencing each other.

full

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
When the cb makes contact with the ob on a dead center hit it's a 100% collision, referring to physical mass and what the collision looks like. A halfball shot is a 50% collision, HALF of 100. We can imagine or visualize exactly how to do it and exactly what it looks like because when the cb strikes the ob it's a reality that we can see. Here is picture of a 1/2 ball, a 1/4 ball, and a 1/8 ball hit. With each of these shots only a fraction of the cb and ob masses are interacting with each other, or influencing each other.
Wouldn't a "50/50 mass interaction" be when both balls travel the same distance after contact? With a sliding CB that happens with a 45-degree cut. With a 30-degree cut ("half ball" overlap) the CB needs to have rolling follow to travel the same distance as the OB - doesn't that mean it isn't a 50/50 "mass interaction"?

Here's Dr. Dave's stuff on that - let me know if I've misinterpreted anything.

In case Duckie needs the visualization part fully spelled out:
"Half ball" is a contraction of "half ball overlap", a visualization from the shooter's perspective.
"Half ball hit" means the balls are visually overlapped that much at contact.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't a "50/50 mass interaction" be when both balls travel the same distance after contact? With a sliding CB that happens with a 45-degree cut. With a 30-degree cut ("half ball" overlap) the CB needs to have rolling follow to travel the same distance as the OB - doesn't that mean it isn't a 50/50 "mass interaction"?

Here's Dr. Dave's stuff on that - let me know if I've misinterpreted anything.

In case Duckie needs the visualization part fully spelled out:
"Half ball" is a contraction of "half ball overlap", a visualization from the shooter's perspective.
"Half ball hit" means the balls are visually overlapped that much at contact.

pj
chgo

When the cb strikes the ob it loses half of its speed on a half ball shot. It loses a quarter of its speed on quarter ball shot. And so on... This is what I meant by the "interaction" of the ball masses at impact.

The distances the balls travel after impact are irrelevant to the fact that during impact the cb transfers a certain amount of its energy to the ob, and the amount it transfers is pretty much equal to the fractional overlap of the impact, regardless of whether or not the cb is sliding or rolling into the ob.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The distances the balls travel after impact are irrelevant to the fact that during impact the cb transfers a certain amount of its energy to the ob, and the amount it transfers is pretty much equal to the fractional overlap of the impact
I'd expect the distances the balls travel to reflect their respective shares of the CB's split momentum. If so, then Dr. Dave's data says an equal split occurs at 45°.

... regardless of whether or not the cb is sliding or rolling into the ob.
The momentum split is independent of that, but the CB's after-impact speed/distance is increased by follow.

Honestly I like your explanation better - it's how it seems it should be.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd expect the distances the balls travel to reflect their respective shares of the CB's split momentum. If so, then Dr. Dave's data says an equal split occurs at 45°.

The momentum split is independent of that, but the CB's after-impact speed/distance is increased by follow.

Honestly I like your explanation better - it's how it seems it should be.

pj
chgo

Ok...just read through Dr Dave's info on it. He also says the cb's loss of speed is directly proportional to the fractional hits.

The distance the balls travel takes into account how fast the cb is moving and whether or not it's rolling or sliding upon impact. Dave shows 33.5° is the angle that creates equal cb and ob distances for rolling cb shot. And your exactly right that 45 is the angle that creates equal results for a stun shot.

But we're talking about two different things -- impact and impact effects/aftermath. If I were a 6oz ball (2.25" in diameter), and I was just chilling on the table, and another 6oz 2.25" ball crashes into me head on, its center of mass lined straight through my center of mass, I will feel the full impact of the collision. If I had been struck at a glancing blow, where the other ball's center of mass is lined 1.125" away from my center mass, then I'd only feel half the impact that I'd feel with a head on collision. I don't know what to call that, other than the "interaction of mass" between balls at impact. There's probably a better wording for it, but I don't know it.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
how can a 45 degree angle almost a 1/4 ball hit give equal rolling distance??

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
how can a 45 degree angle almost a 1/4 ball hit give equal rolling distance??
Well, for what it’s worth...

At 45 degrees the CB and OB deflect at equal angles from the CB’s original path.

45 degrees is midway between zero and 90 degrees.

Maybe some other things if I think of any.

pj
chgo