The Impossible One Railer

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
lol that’s awesome. Did anyone make it?

I only recently started posting in r/billiards. Bigger membership there, but lower daily threads posted with much lower quality, and very different vibe there compared to here. Mostly noobs, obviously skews younger.

And have to deal with asshats like this guy:

View attachment 736386
Thank you for saving me from checking out reddit...

Cue Stick

A pool player stated to me that this shot can be one railed to the same pocket where the cue ball is placed in the corner pocket … He stated he saw a guy do it like it was nothing …. I told him the shot was impossibe… Please let me know your thoughts ….
I know it's possible to do it from the head spot, and it looks like the angle is not much different. But the condition of the cloth and cushions probably make a difference. I would bet that this shot cannot be made on every table.

Cue Stick

Looks a lot like the shot Bugs Rucker made in his instructional video, from a little closer to the object ball. Angle seems to be the same. Link to video below:

Go to 1:11:35

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A pool player stated to me that this shot can be one railed to the same pocket where the cue ball is placed in the corner pocket … He stated he saw a guy do it like it was nothing …. I told him the shot was impossibe… Please let me know your thoughts ….
Maybe from the second diamond okay, but I'm betting against the third diamond.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe from the second diamond okay, but I'm betting against the third diamond.
@iusedtoberich made it from the 3rd diamond on video, earlier in this thread:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

I have made it as high as the 2nd diamond. I haven't tried it that high again in years.

Someone might can. If they do the amount of spin needed would be astounding and he would have to pinch the ball into the rail just right to impart it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spent about 15 minutes today at the shot.

9-foot Gold Crown, medium-slow cloth, Aramith Tournament balls recently cleaned, Taom V10. I moved the cue ball out where I could bridge more easily, but you can see that my stick is over the pocket.

The first shot is an overcut.

I'd like to point out that I'm 76 years old, my left arm doesn't work any more except to make a bridge, my right arm is down to about 50% power and wanders back and forth on its own, my eyes are filled with floaters, and overall my form is just like the woman in the background. You people ought to be able to do as well as I do.

Last edited:

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member

9-foot Gold Crown, medium-slow cloth, Aramith Tournament balls recently cleaned, Taom V10. I moved the cue ball out where I could bridge more easily, but you can see that my stick is over the pocket.

I'd like to point out that I'm 76 years old, my left arm doesn't work any more except to make a bridge, my right arm is down to about 50% power and wanders back an forth on its own, my eyes are filled with floaters, and overall my form is just like the woman in the background. You people ought to be able to do as well as I do.
Nice! Third diamond, right?

Crown? Miss that place.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ 50 ish. Photo bomb needs caption.
What about a slight hop shot - hit it on the far side. Might get more speed out of the ball. Or the big ball even.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I remember him coming around with a few proposition shots which you'd have to bet against. He'd get the bet up nice because he only got to do it once at that pool room. Then across town to the next pool room.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'd like to point out that I'm 76 years old, my left arm doesn't work any more except to make a bridge, my right arm is down to about 50% power and wanders back and forth on its own, my eyes are filled with floaters, and overall my form is just like the woman in the background. You people ought to be able to do as well as I do.
Over on FB a lot of people seem to think my shot is a double kiss. I'm pretty sure it's not. With a kiss, the cue ball has no chance to come in that short after three cushions

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Over on FB a lot of people seem to think my shot is a double kiss. I'm pretty sure it's not. With a kiss, the cue ball has no chance to come in that short after three cushions
lol - I know it's not a double kiss, but got the same arguments here and on reddit.