Taom Chalk

skiergd011013

I have been knocking it but I should be more open mind about it. Just want two pieces.

Not a box of 20 or anything like that.
try it. Its great. Just get one of the magnetic holders for it as well. The first time you lose it, or accidentally leave on the table and some novice uses it and bores a hole into it, you'll be pissed.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
When I talked with him at the DCC, he said they've been working with Taom for just under a year to get everything worked out. He also said it is like 99.9% the same, but has to be slightly different in order to sell it under his name.
...and to not crush Toam's regular sales of their terribly designed round chalk. Needs to have a supposed compound difference so that it could possibly be construed as a performance difference.

At this moment I'm willing to swap my virgin V10 for the Pagulayan version.

rharm

Registered
...and to not crush Toam's regular sales of their terribly designed round chalk. Needs to have a supposed compound difference so that it could possibly be construed as a performance difference.

At this moment I'm willing to swap my virgin V10 for the Pagulayan version.
I sold my new piece of the round stuff at DCC and have the one I was using as a backup. I figure since there is no noticeable difference and Pagulayan can get a few dollars, I'll use his. The round vs square wasn't really an issue for me. On a sidenote, Alex is also selling some t-shirts, hoodies and hats, very good quality. I picked up a t-shirt also

Reactions: bbb

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Alex has been doing a local tour and I've seen tons of his merchandise in the wild.

Honestly surprised he didn't market himself in this fashion years ago.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice birthday gift --> Just got a few pieces of TAOM and a holder that will work with magnet clip I already had. I am using the V10 currently got a piece of the Pyro (blue) also but have not used that yet.
The V10 is the first piece of chalk in my experience that is a discernable improvement over chalk that I have normally used; Masters, Russian Magic, and Blue Diamond.

Chips initial post in this thread is spot on, NO BS!

shooter_Hans

Actually it is a no brainer with the chalk. I got a test run last night and I think its great.

I think it is super beneficial because it won't get your shaft to start bluing, well or green(ing).

SeniorTom

Of the two Taom chalks, V10 and Pyro, both are very good at being considered clean chalks because they don't transfer on to the cue ball or the pool table. Of those two, I like the V10 a bit better because it is not as soft as the Pyro in my opinion. I use both of them at my home table because of their benefits, but Predator when at the pool hall. The tables at the hall are quite used and show it, so cleanliness doesn't necessarily make that much difference if I were to use the Taom there, as the masses use what the house offers and that is a variety of the inexpensive chalks. I think Dr Dave had a nice video describing the main differences between standard chocks and the elite chalks, and the main difference was the elite chalks wouldn't transfer onto the cue ball causing any skidding problems.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I got a free green piece and finally tried it. Taom works. Dammit.

The chalk outline around the rack area is going away.

I haven't cleaned the balls in 3 weeks.

And it does stick to the tip.

If you consider how valuable my time is per minute, it's even a good deal.

Now I need a blue one for league . . .

follownoone

Registered
I still am using the first piece I bought 18 months ago and I shoot everyday. I just bought two new ones as the two older ones are an 1/8 inch thick but still working. I did want to mention I did not like the round at first but the chalk wears evenly without any maintenance. As others mentioned: hands are cleaner, pool balls stay cleaner, table cleaner, clothes cleaner, and area around table has no chalk dust.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I still am using the first piece I bought 18 months ago and I shoot everyday. I just bought two new ones as the two older ones are an 1/8 inch thick but still working. I did want to mention I did not like the round at first but the chalk wears evenly without any maintenance. As others mentioned: hands are cleaner, pool balls stay cleaner, table cleaner, clothes cleaner, and area around table has no chalk dust.
Same with me. My first piece is just a thin sliver, but it hasn't broken yet. Daily use for 22 months now, and a clean table.

-dj

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
People complain about the price but spend $1000-2000 on a cue, $3000-10,000 on a table, and all the other billiards needs.Does $20 on chalk that lasts a year or more sound expensive? Not from this prospective.
I know, I thought it was ridiculous until I tried it. I wouldn't bring it to the pool hall, but for a home table it is a great investment-

-dj

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People complain about the price but spend $1000-2000 on a cue, $3000-10,000 on a table, and all the other billiards needs.Does $20 on chalk that lasts a year or more sound expensive? Not from this prospective.
I think I paid $13 for a big box of masters about 25 yrs ago and I just cracked the 2nd of 3 layers.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have stated that when using Toam chalk at home the chalk dust and the results of the table staying clean would be a great benefit
to players that used the product. My wife was always complaining about chalk dust all around the room that would come off the table
and float about and on to everything. That would happen when I cleaned the table with a brush. Doesn't happen anymore now that I switched.
At Christmas , the wife bought me 6 new cylinders of Toam for my table. In 37 years of marriage, she never bought me anything having to do with pool as a present. Now I probably have close to a lifetime supply. I might even have two pieces of the stuff on the table instead of 1 now.