The very best case

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the market for a new case. I really don't care that much about looks. I am most interested in protection, going in and out, varying temperatures, long term storage, etc. It probably would need to be at least 3 and 5.

Thanks for any help!!

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I think the best case for protection would definitely be a Whitten or a John Barton.

Can't go wrong with either one...

Last edited:

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything John makes is good. If your just going to store in it, I don't think there much wrong with a buffalo Instroke. They are just about bullet proof for everythin except for prolonged trunk exposure.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything John makes is good. If your just going to store in it, I don't think there much wrong with a buffalo Instroke. They are just about bullet proof for everythin except for prolonged trunk exposure.

No, I want to use it pretty much every day, although it might be stored for a few weeks.

As I said, I just want the very best protection in all conditions.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
i would buy a gtf case....super inside protection and nice hard outside...sorry he doesnt make a 3x5 YET....but you never know give him a pm....

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I've used Whitten cases for the past 10 years or so...they are of the highest quality. With that said...for the past couple months I've been using one of John Barton's JB cases with the rebound interior. John built the case exactly to my specs with the features I wanted. I couldn't be more pleased with the case & quality....and I can say without doubt that it indeed offers the finest protection available. Mine is a 4x8 thats smaller than most other cases that hold fewer cues. As soon as I get the pictures downloaded I will post them with a review. I'll be using JB cases from now on. John Barton will go out of his way to help you get exactly the case you want. I could not be happier with my new JB case.:thumbup:

DrOnePocket

Banned
Ive had tons of cases from Porpers to Justis and everything in betwen. The next one I buy will be a John Barton. without question

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rare to find

If you can find a 3x6 It's George Case,you will be set. Lay it flat when in the house,and it will protect you in every way. My 2x4 is 20 years old,and I've had it with me from East Coast to West Coast,and from North Dakota to Louisiana.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member

Attachments

• OnQCases_Cust_Inlays.jpg
    OnQCases_Cust_Inlays.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 727

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
I am in the market for a new case. I really don't care that much about looks. I am most interested in protection, going in and out, varying temperatures, long term storage, etc. It probably would need to be at least 3 and 5.

Thanks for any help!!

Insktroke Premier!
The best protection for the money, if looks is not important and leather is not a must than look no further, why pay extra for something you don't care about?

DrOnePocket

Banned
There are only 3 case makers to consider for a 3x5 whitten-justis-on-q .

I have had a few Whittens, and a Justis and seen and held several of Garth's cases. With all the great case makers out there, what makes your statement true? Really surprised you left the most innovative case maker off your list, must be personal.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Socks?

After my original case got stolen I used a tube sock.....any of the cases that have been mentioned are better than a tube sock IMOP lmao

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
After my original case got stolen I used a tube sock.....any of the cases that have been mentioned are better than a tube sock IMOP lmao

Hey GG!

Don't underestimate the protection power of a tube sock! Especially a tube sock where you played soccer or did construction work all day for a week in it, didn't wash it at all, and then set the sock out to dry and "harden" for a few days. After a while, all that putrefied perspiration hardens like plastic, and the result is the same as the interior tubes used in cue cases anyway. :p

All kidding aside, back on topic for the original poster, I love my Sterling Wave 4x8 case invented/designed by John Barton:

http://sterling-gaming.com/sterling....html?osCsid=f2460b43c9c402d55c482cf32c18c84e

There's a decent "how to" video by John, illustrating the features and how to properly load a particular model of the Sterling Wave case line, the very flexible 3x4/2x5 model:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=12

Hope this is helpful,
-Sean