One Pocket is so slow....

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe to an uneducated One Pocket spectator the game appears slow. As a player in the mix, that is rarely the case. While playing the game your mind must constantly be at work, even during your opponent's time at the table. Like a pitcher and batter, each, trying to outsmart the other with every pitch...

So let me ask all of you who see One Pocket as slow or boring, How do you like it when playing a set of Nine Ball, you are sitting in the chair for twenty minutes while your opponent runs five and six racks? You're just sitting there waiting for your turn at the table; and when it comes. What are you likely to see? Oh yeah, the rails, a kick, a jump shot, or a roll out. Now if that's your idea of fast fun, you can have it...

That is never going to happen playing One Pocket. I'm getting to the table every game. And what about matching up? So some strong road player gives up the six and last three to you. You think you've got the nuts because you can run out too, but if you never get to the table, what good is it I ask you? At least with One Pocket you are guaranteed to reach the table, and that gives me some measure of control with every game. Not so with Nine Ball.

So if you want to be a spectator all your life, stick to watching football. <--or maybe badminton. ;)

Tom

All very true Tom..That is probably why one pocket has become the most popular game played today, especially for high $$$ action!..If nine ball players don't want to elevate their game, to something much more challenging, it is their loss! :rolleyes:

PS..Once someone learns the game of 1P, they will find it is the most interesting game, (for a spectator) on a pool table!..:thumbup:

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All very true Tom..That is probably why one pocket has become the most popular game played today, especially for high $$$ action!..If nine ball players don't want to elevate their game, to something much more challenging, it is their loss! :rolleyes:

PS..Once someone learns the game of 1P, they will find it is the most interesting game, (for a spectator) on a pool table!..:thumbup:

I couldn't agree more. 1P is a real chess game, a thinkers game. I really like it. It helps to be very proficient in 14.1 to be successful.

And it is very interesting, unless of course your in your chair watching Tom Wirth play. Then it becomes a teaching game. :)

John

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
1-Pocket is so slow that by the time I finally got my cueball back up table, someone had put their laundry on it.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow...........

...that by the time I finally won the three ahead...I was looking like this...

image.jpeg

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket is so slow..........God, this crap is getting old. :boring2:

Yes, my original point is being well made..Almost 350 posts, on why "one pocket is so slow"!..Has anyone googled 'redundant' yet? :confused:

PS..And of the 350 posts..325 of them are duplicates, with only slightly different wording! :eek:..Running a close second, is "What kind of tip do you like"? :rotflmao:

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes, my original point is being well made..Almost 350 posts, on why "one pocket is so slow"!..Has anyone googled 'redundant' yet? :confused:

PS..And of the 350 posts..325 of them are exact duplicates! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe YOU should google redundancy....exact duplicates?
I'm calling that a tautological redundancy.....:D

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe YOU should google redundancy....exact duplicates?
I'm calling that a tautological redundancy.....:D

Then we have the clever guys, who love to use words that make people head for the dictionary???..They are the worst offenders of wasting our time! ;)

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
.....and here's his stake horse....^^^^^^^^^*

IMG_1843.PNG

This horse was so slow.....
....the last race it ran in, he finished so far back...
...he had to tip-toe into the barn...'cause the other horses were already sleeping.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Want Slow!

Super Seniors, 70 & over and we gamble too. Come get some.:D

Attachments

• Super 10 13.jpg
    Super 10 13.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 200

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Players must be 70 years old.

Is that when they start the tourney or finish it?

Jeff Livingston