Orcullo's cue....??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what he used at the WCS event this weekend? Is he still with Meucci?

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay said he was using a Predator Break cue.
Nothing was said about his player .

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it's not a Meucci, the butt is a Universal cue, specifically this model here, Universal Cue UN112-1 "google it"

But the shaft I'm not sure if it's a Universal shaft as well, or if it's a custom Filipino shaft, I've heard different answers about the shaft so still not sure.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Some pretty current info....Dennis changes cues like some people change their socks.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I identified it via the video itself because I own that cue and what Dennis was holding looked so familiar to me.

But yes he actually change cues a lot, like thrice a year or something for some reason, actually I think he gets sponsored then don’t like the cue or something like that.

But one thing to note is, he is using this universal without a sponsorship, which tells me that he actually likes the cue, I asked the dealership if they sponsor him and they told me they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He's currently using a Predator shaft with the Universal butt. Seems to be working okay as he just won the Ten Ball at California Billiards, beating Ruslan in the finals (and third in the One Pocket - $8,400 total win). Dennis cares more about winning then making another cue sponsorship deal. He will play with the cue that feels best for him.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I identified it via the video itself because I own that cue and what Dennis was holding looked so familiar to me.

But yes he actually change cues a lot, like thrice a year or something for some reason, actually I think he gets sponsored then don’t like the cue or something like that.

But one thing to note is, he is using this universal without a sponsorship, which tells me that he actually likes the cue, I asked the dealership if they sponsor him and they told me they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha monthly might even be stretching it the Universal went out the door next up who knows

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't be.......how does expect to be consistent switching cues like that! ...

I remember a story from W. W. Woody's book on Buddy Hall ("Rags to Rifleman"). The year was around 1990 plus or minus one or two. Buddy won a tournament somewhere and a spectator offered him a too-good-to-refuse price for his cue. Buddy sold it. Soon thereafter, Buddy was to play a series of tournaments on the Florida tour. He still didn't own a cue. So what he did was buy a new cue at the start of each tournament and then auction it off after the tournament. He won something like seven tournaments in a row doing this.

[Repeated from about 9 years ago.]

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
It looked to me he was using a Universal plain jane....Then during a match he missed a shot and also didn't get good position...Made a face and He immediately left the table.and came back with the old Tiger cue....Thats what I saw....Might be wrong but I'm old...LOL

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ya like me love you long time lol

picture.php