View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-15-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I am easy to confuse and fairly "dupe-able" and i also know when someone's blowing smoke up my a**. I don't think that Meucci's tests are any less valid than Dr. "The Touch" Dave's. And i haven't been playing a million years either so i guessed i missed your "Destroyer destruction."
I could go all Physics-speak, if you'd like.

Meucci's system starts with a false condition: too tight a grip, a grip that human couldn't possibly have, so when it strokes the cueball, the cuestick tip and cueball are in longer contact than the 0.001s measured contact time of a human stroke.

Contact time x speed of transverse wave propagation down the shaft = length of shaft "in effect" of the collision.

A normal human stroke will have something in the order of 6" of the front end of the shaft "in effect;" the Myth destroyer, due to its overly tight grip, has a much longer length of shaft "in effect."

More shaft length in effect = more mass in effect = more squirt.

Meucci's ferrule design was mean to partially delay or de-couple the ferrule from the shaft (there's some space between the top of the ferrule to the top of the tenon), so it does well for the Myth Destroyer. Predator's design is significantly reducing the overall mass in the first 6", and it wasn't mean to beat a non-real robot situation. So Predator does worse on the Myth Destroyer (because the Myth Destroyer wants to add mass that's beyond the 6" if the ferrule isn't decoupled).

And that's just the robot grip problem.

Freddie <~~~ no smoke, and certainly no ass

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)