Barack Obama greatest presidential pool player...

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is Obie playing pool. Banger at best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TRpIHkgMs

Here is a blurb about pool playing Presidents:

The sixth President, John Quincy Adams had his own pool table brought down to the White House from his home in Massachusetts during his presidency and was attacked for it by supporters of Andrew Jackson in the election of 1828, for promoting gambling in the Executive Mansion. Ironically, Andrew Jackson was a pool player and had the reputation of being something of a pool shark as a young man. President Ulysses S. Grant was an enthusiastic player and had a pool table installed in the White House during his term as President. He often played with his close friend and principle adviser, General William Tecumseh Sherman, who was Secretary of War at the time.

I knew he wasn't very good due to his eyes. You can see it in the eyes. His stance is good.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Whatever his skills are, it's good to see that he enjoys playing pool. A billiard room was an almost standard feature in the more luxurious estates in both America and Europe, so more than a few of the rich and famous are introduced to, and come to like, pool.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew he wasn't very good due to his eyes. You can see it in the eyes. His stance is good.
His forearm aligned vertically directly below his elbow is also impressive in the video when viewed behind him getting ready to shoot. However, his bridge is a telltale sign he is not a pool player capable of breaking and running out an 8-ball rack unless he was to get extremely lucky.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
President of United States shoots with a House cue.

Time to go back to one piece pool cues.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obama is a spaz at basketball.
He's a spaz at bowling.
Did you see him try to throw a baseball? Spaz.

But...but...he's a really good pool player. Just look at the photos!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not a fan of his politics at all. Never voted democrat and never will but this thread is hilarious. Lol Looks like he enjoys playing pool a little but obviously he has spent his life perusing goals other then the silly one of being a great pool player. I believe he has like 5 house and is worth about 18 million bucks so it seems getting good at politics was the wiser choice 😂

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought by now everyone knew Trump was the greatest pool playing President. He once played a 1,000 point match against Kevin Trudeau in New York for a million dollars. Kevin ran a 400 and a 500 ball run, but Trump countered with 1,000 and out! Then he dropped his cue on the floor.

Trudeau gave Trump an IOU for the million and smart Donny boy sold the note for 900K. If you don't believe me just ask his press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She saw the whole thing and she wouldn't lie about it! :nanner:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh, why move it?

No one is expressing political discourse, debate or disagreement.

It is about pool and so what if the former President is discussed.

The posts have not been about policies or issues, former or current.

Sounds like you have your own agenda in mind for objecting to this thread.

I am delighted this thread hasn’t degraded into something deserving of NPR.

Cudos to everyone that’s commented because this is how the Forum used to be.

i can see two good reasons, one being that almost the exact same thread already exist, the other being that hank just wants to start sh*t and bring NPR to the main forum

paolo2144

Registered
I thought by now everyone knew Trump was the greatest pool playing President. He once played a 1,000 point match against Kevin Trudeau in New York for a million dollars. Kevin ran a 400 and a 500 ball run, but Trump countered with 1,000 and out! Then he dropped his cue on the floor.

Trudeau gave Trump an IOU for the million and smart Donny boy sold the note for 900K. If you don't believe me just ask his press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She saw the whole thing and she wouldn't lie about it! :nanner:

Lol i heard something similar myself

Didn't big Donald say that when he had practiced with Shane & Earl that they were astonished at his natural ability and prowess, stating that if he had devoted his time to pool he would have been the greatest player not just of this generation but of any generation past or future 🤣

jshaw

Registered
http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor3/game-room.htm

Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was a self-confessed “billiards addict.” He described the game as a “health inspiring, scientific game, lending recreation to the otherwise fatigued mind.” It is quite possible that critical issues of national interest—slavery, international relations and the civil war—were handled over the slate of a Brunswick table.

Teddy Roosevelt—our Secretary of the Navy and the hero of San Juan Hill, the President of the United States and, later, a distinguished wild game hunter—owned a Brunswick table.

There was a Brunswick table in the White House during the administrations of several recent presidents. And when President Eisenhower established Camp David, it was furnished with not one, but four Brunswick tables. Every President since Eisenhower—Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Clinton—has used those tables. A stream of notable visitors, including Winston Churchill, Nikita Krushchev, Charles de Gaulle, Anwar Sadat and King Hussein, all knew those tables. Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan were known to be pretty good players.