Tyler Styer and Zach Marquardt tummble on the tundra Aug 29th & 30th

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's some truth in this, and it's your right to not care one way or another.

That said, though, there can be no denying that when a streamed match is sold, the size of the bet is, to most would-be buyers, a selling point, and to misrepresent it is, false advertising. That makes it both unethical and illegal.

I fully understand. I wasn't saying it ever happens. I'm also not saying it never happens.

What I was saying, I didn't and still do not care if there is 2k or 200k in the middle. I've never been much of a gambler. I've been more of a person to "wager", not gamble. You know all to well what I mean and that means you know someone like myself doesn't really care about the "claim" od said cash regardless if it is or isn't true.

I just like to watch the balls roll around the table.

Jeff

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From some of the comments, seems Styer is waffle stomping the hell out his opponent to the tune of something like 35-3

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a score, that I assume is correct.... 44-7 Tyler up.

I don't think it was the final for the day though....

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched some of it. Regardless of whats in the middle, both were playing like crap. Maybe styer caught a gear later....????

I watched some too. I figure when the other guy cant
put up a fight at all its probably pretty tough for Tyler to
play his best.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched some too. I figure when the other guy cant
put up a fight at all its probably pretty tough for Tyler to
play his best.

I can relate. I wish that wasn't the case but, it is what it is.

What you said is most likely the problem. It takes a very strong player to play his best when his opponent is dead in the water.

Most any good player will play good to great when they are forced to but, only the best of the best can get in their high gears at will even when they don't need to or are not pushed.

That guy can't give even a weak shortstop a game. He has absolutely no chance, unless he's sandbagging, which I can't see being the case.

I know what Tyler's high gear is and that wasn't it. I don't know the other young man but, he's outgunned to say the least. I think we all knew it before it even started.

Has tyler put any bigger packs together? With that kind of lead he has a lot of wiggle room knowing his opponent can't catch him. Knowing that, he should feel like he's in a practice session and that may allow him to go for position/shots more aggressively to allow him to put a larger pack up. That would be very fun to watch.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was tough to watch a whole lot of it.
From what I saw the most was two.
Tyler was much more loose with the cueball on the
break than Ive ever seen in his game. Tough to put a bunch together that way.
Safety play and push outs were also a pretty wide
gap between players.
I watched maybe 15-20 games.
It looked like one guy who is in stroke(focus, speed control, etc)
Vs a guy who just started a new buisness and
has been focused on that.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was tough to watch a whole lot of it.
From what I saw the most was two.
Tyler was much more loose with the cueball on the
break than Ive ever seen in his game. Tough to put a bunch together that way.
Safety play and push outs were also a pretty wide
gap between players.
I watched maybe 15-20 games.
It looked like one guy who is in stroke(focus, speed control, etc)
Vs a guy who just started a new buisness and
has been focused on that.

I didn't watch that many games but, I got the same feeling about tyler trying to focus and find a gear while the other young man seeming to act like he was at league night having a beer.

Yep, Tyler had a lock from the get go.

Jeff

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people bought into the description SJM made fun of. Everybody thinks their road guy is world class.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read somewhere it was in the 690 range. Tommy D.

His play didn't scream any number even close to 690 going by a lot of the ~700's I've got in the box with.

He must have had the worst day of his life from what I watched.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I can't tell much at ALL from what I watched...in 45 min or so I saw that Zach pocket like 3 balls,and executed 2 safeties badly,the rest of the time was Tyler running out.

What did the final score wind up being? Last I heard it was like 44-7 or some shit :confused:. Tommy D.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked up his fargo. It’s a 698 with 1054 games in the system. Tyler is not a top pro. There is no way even Shane would win 100 to 20 or whatever there score was. Something is not right imo.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100-70 would be the predicted final score of a 750 vs a 698. Those are the Fargo’s of the two players.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked up his fargo. It’s a 698 with 1054 games in the system. Tyler is not a top pro. There is no way even Shane would win 100 to 20 or whatever there score was. Something is not right imo.

The op exaggerated a "bit".

My guess would be that since Zach just started
this buisness he hasn't been playing a lot competitively.

Hard to play well in your own place, especially when
you just opened it. On top of that he was playing a young
"touring" pro on the rise.

Looks like it was a match to promote his room and I'm
sure he expected to play a little better than that.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Geno exaggerated... but Zach’s real rating is 698 with over 1000 games in the system. There is no way to exaggerate that. That’s a Solid A speed player.