Some Members We've Lost

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Folks:

While this thread brings back some memories, another one (memory) was jogged that reminded me this thread may be redundant.

You DO know that we have an AZB Hall of Fame for those members we've lost, right?

Here it is:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

If you want to navigate to it manually:
Main Category -> AZB Hall of Fame

Many of the members mentioned are remembered here, and in the cases of those not, *should* be remembered there. Additionally, I vote that for those that really had an impact here, that their memberships be color-changed to denote they are no longer with us, as is the case with Smorg. (His screenname / avatar / profile always appears in a different color here on these forums.)

-Sean

Smorgie's birthday was yesterday, 9/12. I was thinking about him and smiled. :smiling-heart:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smokey seems to have disappeared while I was gone. A good guy, very passionate. Sometimes he was barking up the wrong tree but he always had a heart of gold.

A few more MIA but most I was thinking of are already mentioned. Not counting my friend Edwin Reyes. A great cue builder and a great person. I miss him often.

Where is Williebetmore? Anyone remember his and Breakup's trash talking for months leading up to an epic match-up for a thousand jellybeans? When Willie won he counted Breakup's jelly beans and found he had been stiffed for around thirty jellybeans best I recall. That led to a burning down on the forum! Of course it was all in fun. Hopefully things are fine in the Betmore basement.

Hal Houle has been mentioned but few realize just what a loss he was. His aiming systems were one thing, however he also had first hand knowledge of pool players from Ralph Greenleaf on. When I called him the first time he had a rare case of lockjaw about his aiming systems, frustrated about getting savaged on AZB. Instead he regaled me with over two hours of hilarious stories. I called again just to listen to more stories.

We are losing our connections to the past. Soon there will be nobody with first hand knowledge of some of the most epic times and places in pool.

Hu

I would really like if this thread had the person listed, and then a short bio/interesting story about them, just like was done here. I think it would allow us who are not familiar with everyone on the list, to get to know about them just a little bit better.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I would really like if this thread had the person listed, and then a short bio/interesting story about them, just like was done here. I think it would allow us who are not familiar with everyone on the list, to get to know about them just a little bit better.

I was actually thinking the same thing maybe I can update the original post with an ongoing list of departed members with this information