Rassom vs Diamond?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Of course Klematch is going to promote that their cushion will work on pool tables just fine, it's all about sales, not about which cushions play the best on a 9ft pool table!!!

It does in fact show 2 cushions on the spec sheet.I am not going to speculate or argue this topic anymore.

I will report back what I find from playing on the Victory 2+ and the Ox. We can talk about this until the cows come home, but, playing on the table is what will bring real feedback.

Trent from Toledo

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does in fact show 2 cushions on the spec sheet.I am not going to speculate or argue this topic anymore.

I will report back what I find from playing on the Victory 2+ and the Ox. We can talk about this until the cows come home, but, playing on the table is what will bring real feedback.

Trent from Toledo

I had this same discussion with Glen in the mechanic forum a few years back, and I settled it by calling the company and talking to a rep. Even though the profiles are different and they use cloth backing and I had the spec sheet as well, the rubber is still the same for all the cushions they make. They are famous for the billiard cushions which are heated to perform as expected. It wasn’t like they said, let’s make a pool cushion and develop a different formula to make a softer rubber that would take on Artemis....they just simply started forming the 59 profile and renamed the company from Kleber to Klematch.

I’m not totally knocking the cushions, they played fine for a player of my skill level. But even I noticed the banks were absolutely stiff and very hard to manipulate. And in a cooler room temp, the ball lost a lot of speed and a simple over and back from side rail to side rail had to let the stroke out a bit.

The cushions play well, but should be heated for optimal playing conditions.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I had this same discussion with Glen in the mechanic forum a few years back, and I settled it by calling the company and talking to a rep. Even though the profiles are different and they use cloth backing and I had the spec sheet as well, the rubber is still the same for all the cushions they make. They are famous for the billiard cushions which are heated to perform as expected. It wasn’t like they said, let’s make a pool cushion and develop a different formula to make a softer rubber that would take on Artemis....they just simply started forming the 59 profile and renamed the company from Kleber to Klematch.

I’m not totally knocking the cushions, they played fine for a player of my skill level. But even I noticed the banks were absolutely stiff and very hard to manipulate. And in a cooler room temp, the ball lost a lot of speed and a simple over and back from side rail to side rail had to let the stroke out a bit.

I appreciate your input. I will definitely report back, it wont be for a couple of months, but, I am excited to get to play on both tables.

Trent

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Are Artemis pool cushions different formulation than the 3c ones?
They are stiffer than Super Speed as well.
They do play the same even after years of use though.

Makes you really wish Olhausen would wake up and make K55 cushions.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Are Artemis pool cushions different formulation than the 3c ones?
They are stiffer than Super Speed as well.
They do play the same even after years of use though.

Makes you really wish Olhausen would wake up and make K55 cushions.

I really wish you knew more about this industry Joey. Olhausen has absolutely no reason to produce a K55 cushion because they WON'T work on rails that are an 1 1/2" thick, which is what Olhausen and many other home table manufacturers rail thicknesses.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I really wish you knew more about this industry Joey. Olhausen has absolutely no reason to produce a K55 cushion because they WON'T work on rails that are an 1 1/2" thick, which is what Olhausen and many other home table manufacturers rail thicknesses.

Just like Olhausen, you are short-sighted .

There is also no reason for Olhausen to make really good commercial tables .

And where does it say that Olhausen has to produce only rubbers that fit their and home tables ?

K55 cushions is a huge market .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just like Olhausen, you are short-sighted .

There is also no reason for Olhausen to make really good commercial tables .

And where does it say that Olhausen has to produce only rubbers that fit their and home tables ?

K55 cushions is a huge market .
No, I'm sorry, it's not! Name the pool tables that come with factory K55 cushions!!! Almost ALL pool tables are produced with K66 profile cushions Joey!!!!

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
No, I'm sorry, it's not! Name the pool tables that come with factory K55 cushions!!! Almost ALL pool tables are produced with K66 profile cushions Joey!!!!

Must be why Artemis and Klemach stopped making K55 cushions.
It's a small market .

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Tell me something Joey, what's the difference between the K55 and K66 cushions since you think you know so damn much????

Oh look, the cobra wants to keep arguing.
Here ya go Glen.
https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/determine-rail-profile.html

I've had both Artemis installed on my table.
Had the real 66 removed.

You still do not get the gist of what I'm saying about Olhausen.
Olhausen spent all that money to get their cushions made in the US.
What's another freaking mold and make K55 cushions and take that market ?
Oh, it's a small market.
Meanwhile Artemis , Klemach and Brunswick are selling K55 for hundreds of dollars. It probably cost a 5th of that to make. If that.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Oh look, the cobra wants to keep arguing.
Here ya go Glen.
https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/determine-rail-profile.html

I've had both Artemis installed on my table.
Had the real 66 removed.

You still do not get the gist of what I'm saying about Olhausen.
Olhausen spent all that money to get their cushions made in the US.
What's another freaking mold and make K55 cushions and take that market ?
Oh, it's a small market.
Meanwhile Artemis , Klemach and Brunswick are selling K55 for hundreds of dollars. It probably cost a 5th of that to make. If that.

No disrespect Joey, we are cool of course. There is this though:maybe because they don't make a table that accommodates a k-55 cushion ???:grin:

Trent from Toledo

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
No disrespect Joey, we are cool of course. There is this though:maybe because they don't make a table that accommodates a k-55 cushion ???:grin:

Trent from Toledo

Neither do Klemach and Artemis. :thumbup:

Actually, Olh was also shortsighted in designing their championship table.
That cushion and those corner pocket angles.

If they had Diamond's vision, they might be the commercial table of choice now.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neither do Klemach and Artemis. :thumbup:

Actually, Olh was also shortsighted in designing their championship table.
That cushion and those corner pocket angles.

If they had Diamond's vision, they might be the commercial table of choice now.
Yeah, that and those pockets that stick up a mile. Hate 'hausens.