280 caught on tape

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Greetings 14.1 enthusiasts, I am currently working on the editing of a 280 ball run (twenty racks.) The film quality is perfect and I am going to try and make this look professional. In the DVD I will include an intro that explains key shots of certain racks and strategies that allowed me to accomplish this quality run. The cost of the DVD will be thirty dollars, and there will be full commentary from yours truly so you can here what I'm thinking while watching but don't let that scare you ha ha :) There are only a few real difficult shots in the whole run, I have run more balls than this in the past but this is the smoothest run for me. When the Disc is ready I will let everyone here in the 14.1 section know. I don't feel that $30.00 is too harsh as I incurred some expenses in hiring a film studio to help me with the production of this.
Danny Harriman (The Springfield Rifle)

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
Greetings 14.1 enthusiasts, I am currently working on the editing of a 280 ball run (twenty racks.) The film quality is perfect and I am going to try and make this look professional. In the DVD I will include an intro that explains key shots of certain racks and strategies that allowed me to accomplish this quality run. The cost of the DVD will be thirty dollars, and there will be full commentary from yours truly so you can here what I'm thinking while watching but don't let that scare you ha ha :) There are only a few real difficult shots in the whole run, I have run more balls than this in the past but this is the smoothest run for me. When the Disc is ready I will let everyone here in the 14.1 section know. I don't feel that $30.00 is too harsh as I incurred some expenses in hiring a film studio to help me with the production of this.

Please dont apologize for the $30. Very fair price.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:

Cool. I've been waiting for this ever since Scottster announced that you had it on tape. More teaching tools for us straight pool junkies.

$30.00 is more than reasonable. When it comes out, maybe you could make up something that could be used like a poster and some of us guys could post it at the local poolhalls and help get the word out that way. I'd bring one to as many pool halls near me as I could and I could even mail them to some of the halls further away. You might as well try to make this pool thing help support you.:D

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
This is great news to hear Danny! If you get a chance give me a call sometime this week!

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Count me in as well. I'm always willing to get in on a fair deal.

In fact, the 30 bucks won't hurt too bad anyway, I'm currently playing my 8 yr. old grand daughter some one hole for the 30. I'm playing her 8 - 5.

I tried to get her to go to 9 but she wanted me to go to 7, so I left it. If all goes well, I'll have that 30 in a few hrs. :)

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3andstop said:
Count me in as well. I'm always willing to get in on a fair deal.

In fact, the 30 bucks won't hurt too bad anyway, I'm currently playing my 8 yr. old grand daughter some one hole for the 30. I'm playing her 8 - 5.

I tried to get her to go to 9 but she wanted me to go to 7, so I left it. If all goes well, I'll have that 30 in a few hrs. :)

Count me in for one myself.

I should have plenty of cash since I am staking 3andStop's grandaughter in some cheap one hole. She is giving him 8-5 but he really needs 10 to 5.

:D :D :D

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:

Thanks for this info Danny, will have to get a copy,

Sorry we had to cancel the 2008 14-1 Tourney in Thorndale Penna you won last year. My friend and TD Pete is sick.

Mickey Scott
highrun55

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great. I hope you really go into depth when you describe what you were thinking during the run. One of the things that makes John's latest and Rempe's instructionals so good was that they recorded them while they were shooting, so nothing could be forgotten. I realize this is after the fact, but I would just suggest that maybe you watch each rack before doing commentary on it, so you recall as much of your thinking for that rack as possible in order to relay as much of your unique thought process in your commentary. The video should of course be continuous, but you can stop as many times as you need with the audio to organize your thoughts.

If I were you I would probably watch each rack by itself a few times, write down the order of the balls you ran, take notes of what you were probably thinking and all that you can pass along, then record that rack's audio track. Stop and do the same for all 20 racks. It could be really great.