Rhea the new Chapter, without Gene

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earnings is profit (or loss is some cases). The number when you total up the red and black ink. Not just the black ink. Earnings is what you have at the end of the day after you settle up what you owe. Income or salary or wages that one puts on an application is NOT that number. If self employed, say a construction contractor that gets to keep all profits, that brings in $8 million a year in contract, but have to spend $7.85 million for operating costs supplies, insurance, labor, permits, equipment...you list $150,000 as how much you make a year, not $8 million.

Using your example, $8 Million would be the Sales or Revenue. The difference between the Sales/Revenue and operating costs could be the profit and it could also be the income, just depends. If you give yourself a salary, then your income would potentially be that salary plus the profit. If no salary, that profit is essentially your income. You also have the deal with stockholder/owner draws but that is hardly applicable here.

The stories here would have you believe nobody is getting rich being a pool road warrior. If Rhea is able to pursue her dream, cover her living expenses and have a little left over, I'd say she is doing well. It makes no sense at this point for her to evaluate it as income or "dollars per hours". Except for maybe a handful in the entire world, that doesn't make sense for pool players at this point in time. Pool isn't a career path, it is an avocation or addiction.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It makes no sense at this point for her to evaluate it as income or "dollars per hours"
Well that`s how the rest of us evaluates working - trading your time for money.
That`s how the bank sees it too.
If you trade your time for not enough money to survive or have some financial security - they will not lend you money!
Look at the credit crisis and how that brought down powerhouses like Leeman brothers, they had a 3.9 billion loss due to the subprime moragage scandal, wich in essence was lending out money to people you could not possibly pay back (like Rhea`s situation)

Birriards

Banned
If you trade your time for not enough money to survive or have some financial security - they will not lend you money!
Look at the credit crisis and how that brought down powerhouses like Leeman brothers, they had a 3.9 billion loss due to the subprime moragage scandal, wich in essence was lending out money to people you could not possibly pay back (like Rhea`s situation)

You live in Norway. Why do you care?

We get it, you think its stupid.

I do as well b/c Rhea really isn't a great player in the overall scope of the pool world. Average at best.

However, if you can be an average player and go two weeks on the road and end up with more money than you started with, you're doing something really right.

Give credit where it's due.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Myself, I did give credit to her the first time.

But, thats the first time. How many times are going to be like that.

But you have to excuse Kim, he lives in Norway. Thats why Vikings were so nasty.
You'd be in a bad mood to if it was winter all year and you had to eat fish 3 times a day.

Just teasin ya of course Kim. I eat fish for breakfast myself.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Yeah, what she's doing is exactly like the collapse of the mortgage business.......really?

Here's the basics of what you are missing. If she was living at 'home', there are still housing, food, utility costs. Nobody else would talk about their pool winnings by first subtracting rent, natural gas bill and groceries and then dividing by some number of hours.

What Rhea is doing may or may not be wise, but a person with no dependents or obligations who has more money at the end of the week than at the beginning is no concern of anyone but herself......she will not be bringing down the US economy anytime soon.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
And ya know, seriously, when so many people are taking a free ride on tax payers, at least she is trying to provide for herself and not asking for hand outs from the Gov.
Thats at least one thing in her favor.

Lots of cock roaches are just happy to sit on the couch and play video games on their free 50 inch tvs in their under wear all day long.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I guess that's why some people live in the moment and enjoy all that life is RIGHT NOW and others don't.

But your comparison is WAY OFF. First of all Rhea is not borrowing any money. She is playing pool for money, using her own and sometimes being staked by people who put her into matches with no risk to her bankroll. She has a skill people are willing to pay her to use.

Secondly she is a grown woman who is doing what she wants to do using her networking skills to manage her pool skills. If Lehman Brothers had managed their bankroll as well as Rhea is managing hers then they probably could have bought Norway. :)

Yeah, what she's doing is exactly like the collapse of the mortgage business.......really?

Here's the basics of what you are missing. If she was living at 'home', there are still housing, food, utility costs. Nobody else would talk about their pool winnings by first subtracting rent, natural gas bill and groceries and then dividing by some number of hours.

What Rhea is doing may or may not be wise, but a person with no dependents or obligations who has more money at the end of the week than at the beginning is no concern of anyone but herself......she will not be bringing down the US economy anytime soon.

Agreed.

And ya know, seriously, when so many people are taking a free ride on tax payers, at least she is trying to provide for herself and not asking for hand outs from the Gov.
Thats at least one thing in her favor.

Lots of cock roaches are just happy to sit on the couch and play video games on their free 50 inch tvs in their under wear all day long.

Ditto.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Those of you who think she is ruining her life would probably love to have the freedom to go any direction she chooses, with friends and plenty of pool opponents willing to match up wherever she goes. She isn't beating the world yet but is playing and gambling and living the life she wants without hurting anyone.

John, nobody is saying she is ruining her life... way to add a little drama. And btw, most of us are living the lives we chose, doing well, and have much more freedom than Rhea will ever imagine. And we are NOT hurting anyone else either. Just remember, she chose to broadcast her life here on AZB, and broadcast numerous mistakes she's made along the way, before this road trip even happened.

So, stop with this we are NOT letting her live her life crap, it's quite ridiculous. You always need this drama of you versus the world, and are taking the exact same approach with Rhea. She's a big girl, she can defend herself, and if she did not open herself up here, nobody would have said a word.

And the folks that say she is going to fail, that is just their opinion, just like your million opinions, which means they really don't mean jack here, so no reason to get upset about it. But I would bet the same folks that are not thrilled with her life choices, would step up if she needed something, a place to sleep, something eat, or just help out in an emergency, etc.

So, just relax, this is not JB versus AZB, this is Rhea's thread, give it back to her ;) With all that, I wish her well, and hopes she has a merry xmas ;)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, nobody is saying she is ruining her life... way to add a little drama. And btw, most of us are living the lives we chose, doing well, and have much more freedom than Rhea will ever imagine. And we are NOT hurting anyone else either. Just remember, she chose to broadcast her life here on AZB, and broadcast numerous mistakes she's made along the way, before this road trip even happened.

So, stop with this we are NOT letting her live her life crap, it's quite ridiculous. You always need this drama of you versus the world, and are taking the exact same approach with Rhea. She's a big girl, she can defend herself, and if she did not open herself up here, nobody would have said a word.

And the folks that say she is going to fail, that is just their opinion, just like your million opinions, which means they really don't mean jack here, so no reason to get upset about it. But I would bet the same folks that are not thrilled with her life choices, would step up if she needed something, a place to sleep, something eat, or just help out in an emergency, etc.

So, just relax, this is not JB versus AZB, this is Rhea's thread, give it back to her ;) With all that, I wish her well, and hopes she has a merry xmas ;)

Um, a lot of people have said she has s ruining her life. Notably Kim above saying Rhea is borrowing money she can't repay.

There is opinion and there is fact. A lot of people here mix the two.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....John, you always need this drama of you versus the world...Just relax, this is not JB versus AZB, this is Rhea's thread, give it back to her ;)

I see another "John Barton versus the World" thread, has gone bye, bye !....I don't think I'll be investing more than a few sentences from now on...His threads just don't last long enough to bother with anymore !..(plus they were becoming increasingly boring) :rolleyes:

....Example;.......

...There is opinion and there is fact. A lot of people here mix the two.

_44859113_d88cda4b-4ad1-48cc-b9bc-8a8ddf0be64a.jpg

Last edited:

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
I see another "John Barton versus the World" thread, has gone bye, bye !....I don't think I'll be investing more than a few sentences from now on...His threads just don't last long enough to bother with anymore !..(plus they were becoming increasingly boring) :rolleyes:

Dick you either have a crush on JB or you are a troll....which one is it?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She did learn something for sure........

You live in Norway. Why do you care?

We get it, you think its stupid.

I do as well b/c Rhea really isn't a great player in the overall scope of the pool world. Average at best.

However, if you can be an average player and go two weeks on the road and end up with more money than you started with, you're doing something really right.

Give credit where it's due.

She learned how to survive on the road.

Now she just has to keep from slipping back into old habits.

I think the on the road training worked out pretty good.

She went from making constant mistakes to being pretty cagey.

She's the Perfect Aim girl and on the road.:rolleyes::grin-square:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
She learned how to survive on the road.

Now she just has to keep from slipping back into old habits.

I think the on the road training worked out pretty good.

She went from making constant mistakes to being pretty cagey.

She's the Perfect Aim girl and on the road.:rolleyes::grin-square:

Based on my limited conversation and observation you did a good job and she learned well.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Um, a lot of people have said she has s ruining her life. Notably Kim above saying Rhea is borrowing money she can't repay.

There is opinion and there is fact. A lot of people here mix the two.

Well, I missed any references to "ruining" your life... nobody can "ruin" their life going on the road for a few months or a few years. But even so, just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If Rhea takes offense, let her answer. But this defense attorney mode is getting a little old in the tooth.

Some folks don't like it and some do, big deal. But this thread is not about you, that much I'm pretty sure :)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

lol

Oh wait, I'm sorry.....Let me try again....

WOW! What brilliance! Equating the govt printing press bankster system that robbed everyone on the planet with Rhea learning to play pool. What a connection!!!

I'm learning so much from you.

Jeff Livingston

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Last night I made a mistake. But I learned a lesson from it. I played a very well known champion a $150 set with not enough weight for a fair chance but it did put me in my place and might get me a little more action while I am here. Anyway I have a match today with a strong local girl and the steak horse that backed joey gray against me last night will be steaking this lady tonight. From the gossip this match is going to be super tough both ways so I am going to have to give it my best go.

Luvthegame

Registered
Rhea, good luck tonight! Taking on Joey Gray with any spot is a tough row to hoe. He's definitely Champion caliber. Sounds like you gamei is improving with every challenge and going into a match with confidence is the most important part. Get the money!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Stake, Rhea.

Stake Horse.

You eat a Steak. You put a Stake in a Vampires heart.

Stake - Stake your claim, as in the gold rush.
Pound a Stake into the ground.

Stake Horse. He or She Stakes you (backs a player) with their money.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Rhea, good luck tonight! Taking on Joey Gray with any spot is a tough row to hoe. He's definitely Champion caliber. Sounds like you gamei is improving with every challenge and going into a match with confidence is the most important part. Get the money!

Since Blue Hog is getting into the act.......Rhea is playing a girl, not Joey Gray. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone.

JoeyA